Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Anyone heard from Sandfly?

Soledad

Sandfly 

noun 

1: a winged insect 

2: DV thanker 

noun plural 

1: kindly or grateful thoughts 

2: an expression of gratitude 

Example 
- Sandfly for the post. 

verb 

1: to bump Iraqi news articles you obviously haven't read 

Example 
-He sandflied an entire page of dinar threads in 15 minutes... again! 

2: to push off-topic threads to the bottom of the page 

Example 
-Umbertino sandflied my thread with a bunch of crap music from the '80's... 
again!   

I kid... I kid!  

:eyebrows:

• Upvote 8

I have been following the thread -- sure hope someone hears from him soon -- I was wondering if anyone had sent him an email -- Also would like to hear from the sarges gals --   

Will be good to hear from razur again as well -- Prayers for all to be safe !!!!

• Upvote 2

2: to push off-topic threads to the bottom of the page 

Example 
-Umbertino sandflied my thread with a bunch of crap music from the '80's... 
again!   

End Quote

Never meant to sandfly your thread... I ( and others) just put music in the music threads 97% of the time ( with AM blessings, who created section a long time ago) and rarely out of the music section ....

On the "crap" music ..I'm open to discussion..Obviously I'll put the one I like....Liking it or not depends only on each one's music taste.

Mods gave more than once instructions to those that dread the music posts.

Edited by umbertino

Well Umbertino... while "sandflying" is a QUANTITY issue for me (I would not have a problem if it was 3 or 4 threads a day), it is also a QUALITY issue for me personally.  I love music. I have an iPod loaded with music that I like.  It's diverse and eclectic... and it's all mine!  But I use headphones because I wouldn't think of inflicting it on anyone!  (There's a lot of Country in there... you're welcome!  Lol!)

We don't come to DV for the music.  As you're WELL aware, many have complained about your persistent and copious music dumps.  Perhaps you're living out your DJ fantasy? 

The remedy is to select threads by forum but I prefer to see everything!  This forces me to wade through your Fleetwood Mac, Puff Daddy, ABBA... or whatever stale, over-played musical whim you're on that day.  Buy yourself an iPod and knock yourself out!  

Between the crap music and the commie crap you post... I often wonder... Is this your job?  Do you ever sleep?  Go on vacation?  Take a day off?  What is your motivation?  What is your reward?

At best, I think you're just sweet and harmless... sharing things that interest YOU.  Annoying but tolerable.  But it has occurred to me that you might be a very clever paid troll whose JOB it is to drop little commie stink-bombs and push conservative political discourse off the front page with innocuous music posts.  Whatever... you are pleasant in your manner and very likable so I chalk it up to my very fertile imagination!

I would LOVE LOVE LOVE for you to post music by genre like Pattyangle's Christian music thread.  All "Disco" on one thread, "cRap" on another... but not a new thread for each song. That way you could post to your heart's content without sandflying the rest of us.  Just a suggestion.  

As for your commie threads... keep 'em commin'!  Though I think you should at least try to defend and debate it, I suspect you cannot.  Oh well... gives the rest of us something to chew on!  

It was not my intention to hurt your feelings.  Though I do not share your taste in music, I meant no real disrespect.  Just having a little fun at your expense!   You should be used to that by now... just as I'm used to wading through pages of threads...  :peace:

• Upvote 4

"But it has occurred to me that you might be a very clever paid troll whose JOB it is to drop little commie stink-bombs and push conservative political discourse off the front page with innocuous music posts."  

Interesting concept...

Peace,

Come on RV

• Upvote 2

Here's a question for ya's..."what do you get when you mix a Sandfly with a cat"?  :blush: 

1782146_10153091602874700_71668537301744

You get a "SAND CAT"!!!

The sand cat is also called the sand dune cat.

Y'all know we care for our Sandfly...and pray all is well with our good "Thank You Man"!!!  :praying: 

• Upvote 3

***///

Sad to report: We lost one of 'OlSarge'sGals just 2 days before Christmas.

His/our work for his fellow Vets goes on at TheFishCamp without us - as we had to be here in CONUS to

be near V.A. hospital for her. 

We return to the jungle soon as we settle her affairs here.

She'll be missed in ways we cannot even verbalize.  :salute:

We are greatly sadden - albeit joyful for here reunion with our beloved 'OlSarge.

Prayers for TheFly wherever he may be. :praying:

Salutations to all here who remember us fondly. :tiphat:

May God Bless & Keep every one of you.

• Upvote 13

oh girls...I am so sorry to hear this.....I pick on ya all quite a bit...but always in fun and love.

Peace be with you all ...please check in occasionally...or let us know when you will be returning.

Love and Huggs

She and Sarge are up in Heaven having a lot of fun I am sure

Edited by SnowGlobe7
  • Upvote 5

Gals it breaks my heart to hear such news...and y'all know that thankfully this is just our temporary home...so one day we will meet those we love and party with the King! Let us know how things are going and if you still need help at the fish camp. Know that y'all are loved!!!

Salutations to all here who remember us fondly.  :tiphat:

May God Bless & Keep every one of you.

Hey 'OlSarge'sGals --  Do you remember me?? ha ha -- I bet you are surprised to see I am still here lol  

I remember & cherish you "fondly"  and miss you terribly  - so sorry for the loss --  Please stay safe and thank you for checking in!!   It did my heart good to see your post!!   ((((HUGS)))) and prayers for you!!  UNEEK

• Upvote 3