Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

94 Year Old WWII Vet Insists He Is Alive, But The IRS Isn't Having it!

Djorgie

94-Year-Old WWII Vet Insists He’s Alive, but the IRS Isn’t Having It

The Daily Sheeple
January 26th, 2015

By now, most of us have learned not to expect too much from the Internal Rip-off Service IRS. The agency is certainly not known for its efficiency or accuracy, and has shown us time and again what kind of bewildering incompetence it is capable of.

But sometimes even the most dysfunctional government agencies do things that are so perplexing that one is left scratching their head and wondering…how is this happening?

This time, a 94-year-old World War II veteran is the victim.

In April, the agency told Siegfried Meinstein was he was dead.

It happened when Mr. Meinstein’s accountant tried to pay his taxes online last year. The IRS denied his tax return, saying the Social Security Administration had listed the filer as dead.

Mr. Meinstein, who is very much alive, has had a heck of a time trying to convince the IRS he’s still among the living, as ABC11 reports:

Meinstein called the Social Security Administration, and officials told him they never heard he was dead and still considered him very much alive. So the World War II vet got a letter from Social Security declaring he was still alive and sent it to the IRS.

The IRS denied his return again.

Meinstein then went to a Virginia IRS office in person in August to prove he was alive, the Columbus Dispatch reports. The IRS agent promised to fix the problem, but nearly every month since, Meinstein has gotten a notice from the IRS saying they still can’t process his tax return because he’s dead.

The Meinsteins contacted the Taxpayer Advocate Service for help. The advocate thought the issue was resolved in December, but the notices keep coming.

And, it gets even better: the IRS is still cashing Meinstein’s checks because he prepays his taxes and is now sending him new letters asking why he has a credit balance of $14,000 in taxes he prepaid in 2014.

Oh, and the letter also wanted to inform him that the IRS had lost his tax return.

Sounds like they are on the ball. lol  Better not owe them anything or they will come looking for you.  Been there done that. I was sent a letter from the IRS way back when that I had underpaid them by 25 cents and they wanted it. This was very comical at the time but they finally got their money.  Feeling sorry for this veteran for I am sure he has better things to worry about. 

With a common name like Siegfried Meinstein.......the chance the IRS could make a mistake is very high.  I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt this time.   :huh: 

GO RV, and NO BV 

Yes Shabibilicious - every now and then you get me. :lol:

• Upvote 2