Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

YOU JUST AIN'T GONNA BELIEVE THIS

MyLadiesDaddy

Kerry: Don’t blame Muslims for violent extremism While US secretary of state defends Islamic moderates, Egyptian leader Sissi says the religion needs a reboot

BY AP AND TIMES OF ISRAEL STAFF January 24, 2015, 7:47 am 97
US Secretary of State John Kerry bows to someone after his speech during a panel session at the World Economic Forum, in Davos, Switzerland, Friday, Jan. 23, 2015. (photo credit: AP/Keystone, Laurent Gillieron)

Violent extremists who are killing children and others in Iraq, Syria, Nigeria and other parts of the world may cite Islam as a justification, but the West should be careful about calling them Islamic radicals, US Secretary of State John Kerry warned Friday at the World Economic Forum in Davos.

Get The Times of Israel's Daily Edition by email 

and never miss our top stories   FREE SIGN UP!

Speaking at the same forum a day earlier, Egypt’s President Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi told the audience of opinion leaders that his religion needed a reboot to remove extremism from its midst.

In a speech calling for a global effort against violent extremism, Kerry said it would be a mistake to link Islam to criminal conduct rooted in alienation, poverty, thrill-seeking and other factors.

We have to keep our heads,” Kerry said. “The biggest error we could make would be to blame Muslims for crimes…that their faith utterly rejects,” he added.

{Tell that to the Japanese who were beheaded today} 

“We will certainly not defeat our foes by vilifying potential partners,” the top US diplomat said. “We may very well fuel the very fires that we want to put out.”

Sissi said on Thursday that Egypt and France battle the same enemy by waging war against Islamic extremism and terrorism.

Islam is a tolerant religion, he said, but in the past two to three decades it has become more associated with violent extremism.

Switzerland-Davos-For_Horo1-e14220761718

Egyptian President Abdel-Fattah el-Sissi speaks during the panel “Egypt in the World” at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, Thursday, Jan. 22, 2015. The meeting runs from Jan. 21 through Jan. 24. (photo credit: AP/Michel Euler)

“The terrible terrorist attacks which we have seen and this terrible image of Muslims is what led us to think that we must stop and think and change the religious discourse, and remove from it things that have led to violence and extremism,” Sissi said.

“We need a new discourse that will be adapted to a new world and will remove some of the misconceptions,” he said. “No one should believe that they have the truth with a capital T.”

The crowds who took to the streets of France in the wake of the militant attacks that claimed 17 victims are an “extension” of the massive 2013 demonstrations against Egypt’s former Islamist President Mohammed Morsi, he said. The rallies prompted Sissi, then the defense minister, to oust Morsi.

“The blood that terrorists spill in Egypt, Iraq, Syria, Libya, Nigeria, Mali, Canada, France or Lebanon is all of the same color,” Sissi told the World Economic Forum in Davos, his first major speech in such a setting. “We must therefore mobilize all our efforts to eliminate the menace wherever it exists.”

Sissi spoke just days before the anniversary of the January 25, 2011 uprising that ousted longtime autocrat Hosni Mubarak.

The Egyptian president has faced international and domestic pressure, even from among allies, to ease his crackdown on protests and dissidents that has reached well beyond the outlawed Muslim Brotherhood and other Islamists. He said Muslims must seek change from within.

“We also need to work seriously and continuously to meet the demands of the two Egyptian revolutions,” he said, addressing the economic challenges that have followed. That must occur, he added, within a framework that “guarantees the rights of Egyptians to employment and decent life.”

Egypt continues to struggle with a bulging budget deficit and capital flight while more than half the population lives at or below the poverty line of $2 a day. Sissi had pledged to improve Egypt’s economic stability within two years

Read more: Kerry: Don't blame Muslims for violent extremism | The Times of Israel http://www.timesofisrael.com/kerry-dont-blame-muslims-for-violent-extremism/#ixzz3PmmLwhNd 

Follow us: @timesofisrael on Twitter | timesofisrael on Facebook

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I don't know what excites me more, November 2016 or an RV. This administration is a joke it makes us a joke In the eyes of the entire world.

1 1/2 years left of agony!   :facepalm:

We all know how STUPID our government is and John Kerry is a F,IN idiot.

Agreed, Agreed. Agreed..........how sad.

Let's just hope the stupid people don't unite again and elect another moron.

Now that's funny!!

What does this have to do with anything? He's right ya know...Terrorists are no the more Muslim than Klansman are Christian. This thread should be closed.

I detect a leftist troll!!

Mr Heinz during his sermon....

tumblr_ma1wzbdQxf1rxtndno1_400.gif

O'Blah Blah with his infamous pen.......

tumblr_m9orcld0jI1rxtndno2_250.gif#three

and another high level meeting in the oval office.....

cKJCy.gif#three%20stooges%20moe%20gif

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2

ok christians are killing folks for not converting.  Their are no Americans in Baghdad.  None.  There are a few Baghdad Bob's that are still confused as he was.   Hmm, there are a lot of countries that are experiencing islamic / muslim extreemism.  That's what the terrorist call themselves.  Muslim/ and Islamic.

That's what they all happen to have in common.  The hollar allah akbar, and they also want to tell non muslims they can't call their god allah.   So, it's not the same god.  It is what it is.

What does it have to do with anything?  The leaders who usurp power from the people.  Every last one of them.  I ain't no fan of capitol hill.  

Well, what is this country in your opinion?  No longer a christian nation?  I beg do differ.   I don't care what religion you are, you are very welcome to practice it here in America.  But, don't take away the Christianity this nation was founded on.  It's because we the parents of the last generation feared the almighty and did not spare the rod.  We feared the almighty.  It is not, the new parents don't fear anything but getting their next electronic high.   No fear, and lacking in reeducation in school's history books.  So, they fear nothing, and buy everything to amuse their children so they can get to their facebook fake lives.    Oh my, I guess I just did.,   Call it what it is and political correctness is for children who get their feelings hurt.  Dang, a used care is a used car.  PERIOD!  Pre owned has more letters to put on their signs and sounds ridiculous.   Because the usurpers have tried to call this a non christian nation, well ask americans what they are.  And by the way you would probably get 75% calling themselves christian but you will know them by their stripes.  If they are not christian, they pretend to be.  Why is that?    And why is it that atheist/agnostic/christians, and non christians call on God in crisis and blame him.  Go figure, there just happens to be something more at play here than you and me and it's bigger than the expanding universe.   And all that oppose it, well, I won't say anymore.  Everyone knows the story, it's either their gospel or their fiction.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

ok christians are killing folks for not converting. Their are no Americans in Baghdad. None. There are a few Baghdad Bob's that are still confused as he was. Hmm, there are a lot of countries that are experiencing islamic / muslim extreemism. That's what the terrorist call themselves. Muslim/ and Islamic.

That's what they all happen to have in common. The hollar allah akbar, and they also want to tell non muslims they can't call their god allah. So, it's not the same god. It is what it is.

What does it have to do with anything? The leaders who usurp power from the people. Every last one of them. I ain't no fan of capitol hill.

Well, what is this country in your opinion? No longer a christian nation? I beg do differ. I don't care what religion you are, you are very welcome to practice it here in America. But, don't take away the Christianity this nation was founded on. It's because we the parents of the last generation feared the almighty and did not spare the rod. We feared the almighty. It is not, the new parents don't fear anything but getting their next electronic high. No fear, and lacking in reeducation in school's history books. So, they fear nothing, and buy everything to amuse their children so they can get to their facebook fake lives. Oh my, I guess I just did., Call it what it is and political correctness is for children who get their feelings hurt. Dang, a used care is a used car. PERIOD! Pre owned has more letters to put on their signs and sounds ridiculous. Because the usurpers have tried to call this a non christian nation, well ask americans what they are. And by the way you would probably get 75% calling themselves christian but you will know them by their stripes. If they are not christian, they pretend to be. Why is that? And why is it that atheist/agnostic/christians, and non christians call on God in crisis and blame him. Go figure, there just happens to be something more at play here than you and me and it's bigger than the expanding universe. And all that oppose it, well, I won't say anymore. Everyone knows the story, it's either their gospel or their fiction.

You ROCK!!!!! Amen
  • Upvote 1

I don't know what excites me more, November 2016 or an RV. This administration is a joke it makes us a joke In the eyes of the entire world.

ON SOME STRANGE LEVEL I WISH THAT WERE WHOLLY TRUE..HOWEVER MY HUSBANDS "LOT" OF FRIENDS DOWN UNDER, THINK OBAMA IS GREAT.

• Upvote 4

When the Islamist extremist start everyday bombings here in the U.S. may be some of you will wake up. I don't care what you call them I know who and what they are. It's just a damn pitiful sight to see a Muslim president in America, I can't believe that so many people are that blind and don't have enough sense to pour piss out of a boot ! Thanks Go Ahead and Neg Away. 

• Upvote 10
  • Downvote 2

Nah man I wouldn't neg anyone for their opinion. Your opinion, albeit different than mine, is yours none the less and you're certainly entitled to it. I'm not here to debate the religion of our sitting president. But for talking purposes let's just say one day we did have an openly Muslim president what would be the so "pitiful" about that? I mean I suppose we could rewrite the Constitution and get that whole bit about religious freedom out of there, but being as we were founded upon that I figure that'd probably be a bad idea, no?

Edited by _RFJ
  • Upvote 3

one day we did have an openly Muslim president what would be the so "pitiful" about that?

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/195285-you-just-aint-gonna-believe-this/#ixzz3PquDMrIz

Because Islam is a Satanic cult. 

You don't have the right to go into a theater and yell fire. 

And this nation was clearly founded on Judeo Christian foundations. 

Not a bloodthirsty Satanic cult.

And don't even begin to tell me that it's the radical Muslims.

Read the Koran, the only radical Muslim is the one not practicing Jihad.

On a side note ask yourself how is it that so many Germans went along with

what Hitler did? Why is it that in a country of millions no one stopped him?

Because while most Germans wouldn't have done what Hitler did they agreed

with him. And that is why Most Muslims don't say a word about Jihadist.

THEY AGREE WITH WHAT THERE DOING 

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 3

RFJ They are already rewriting the U.S. Constitution and everyday slowing eroding the Bill of Rights, do you not see that ?

I'm curious to know how so? One example or two is fine.

LGD: There's really going to be no talking to you on this matter so I'm down to just agree to disagree and move on. Nobody wins in an internet debate. Not sure why I jumped in on this one actually.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

I'm curious to know how so? One example or two is fine.

LGD: There's really going to be no talking to you on this matter so I'm down to just agree to disagree and move on. Nobody wins in an internet debate. Not sure why I jumped in on this one actually.

It's not a problem really. Were required to be respectful here.

One example of violating the constitution would be Executive Orders that 

create law thus bypassing the House of Representatives. And yes I'm aware that 

all Presidents do this. Another would be," Departmental Regulations", which carry 

the full weight of law. Bypassing Government entirely. 

They can do this because were no longer operating as a Republic under the Constitution.

America is operating as a Corporation. That is why your name is in CAPS on your birth certificate

and your drivers licence. You are an entity of the Corporation known as America. 

In laymen's terms, YOUR A SLAVE  

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

It's funny to hear some of the same language coming from the children of those who vehemently and violently protested the civil rights movement for fear that the ***** would ruin the livelihood of hard working american citizen. All the time I hear remarks like "Obama is a Muslim". As if that is suppose to be some great offense. The majority attitude of intolerance is something to behold. And said with such arrogance as if the finding fathers and all american presidents followed the teachings of Yashua (I purposely omitted the use of the cliche word of Christian... If you ain't doing what He taught then you are none of His).

I has a conversation with a practicing Muslim well educated in the interpretations of his scriptures and it was very enlightening. But there are some here so blinded by their own fear and ignorance that they would purport to know more than this man who has studied it for 40 years. Just his explanation of the word infidel meaning " too cover" and how it is applied opened a new understanding for me.

But this crowd couldn't hear it because they hold to ideals preached to them through the miseducational system. And that propaganda is hard to overcome. But if I ask if Reagan followed the teachings of Jesus, the negatives would fly off the most pad.

It's not a problem really. Were required to be respectful here.

America is operating as a Corporation. That is why your name is in CAPS on your birth certificate

and your drivers licence. You are an entity of the Corporation known as America.

In laymen's terms, YOUR A SLAVE

LGD, you confused the heck out of me bro. You know the truth! You know what America REALLY is but yet you stir up the thinking that it is a republic with the hopes of restoring it someday. Why do you do that? You know this has nothing to do with who is and isn't a Christian nation but yet you continue to say it as if it is true. You know those who follow the teachings of our Lord and Savior don't drop incendiary bombs on entire cities and cook thousands of innocent babies alive. You know this!

I apologize for my typos. Texting fro a mobile device has its challenges.

Edited by TrinityeXchange
  • Upvote 7

so blinded by their own fear and ignorance

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/195285-you-just-aint-gonna-believe-this/#ixzz3Pr7m8LI9

Yea the possibility of getting ones head chopped off because you don't want to be a Muslim 

will have that effect.

Forget  about talking to a Muslim for answers about the Koran.

It teaches Muslim's that it is ok to lie to defeat your enimy.

Your a smart man Trinity so read the book. Then you will truly be enlightened.

And while your at it read this

Matthew 7:21-23

So I ask you, what is,"the will of the Father"/

That we tolerate evil? Or would Christ want us to expel this evil from our midst.

And with that I give you

Philippians 2:12

What did Paul mean with this statement? Why would we have to,"work out our salvation"?

I can tell you , my friend, how that for many yrs I thought I was Saved.

I even led people to the Lord, and yet I never knew him. 

Then one day during a revival meeting in a southern Mississippi town the Holy Spirit of 

God spoke to me in the clearest and loudest voice I've ever heard. He said to me ,

" I am going to say the words of Mathew 7:21-23 to you. 

You know more about me than the preacher in front of you, but you don't KNOW ME"

I had to make it personal. And so I did. If you threatened to chop my head off or deny 

Christ I will do whatever I could to stop you, but in the end I would rather die than 

deny Jesus. He's not just my Lord, he's my brother. My best friend. He's EVERYTHING TO ME. 

:praying: 

LGD, you confused the heck out of me bro. You know the truth! You know what America REALLY is but yet you stir up the thinking that it is a republic with the hopes of restoring it som

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/195285-you-just-aint-gonna-believe-this/#ixzz3PrDZeyIV

Sorry but I must clarify here. I know that there is no hope whatsoever for this once great nation.

60 plus million dead babies say so. God will have his Justice. 

I merely was pointing out the reality as it is. With that truth people can,"hopefully", make educated 

decisions. Like facing the reality that everything is spiritual and were all going to live forever somewhere.

You must be born again. But we will never be perfect this side of heaven. 

Thank God for Jesus Christ. 

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

perhaps one day i will have to read the book but quite honestly i am behind in my own studies and need to pick up personal diligence toward studying the Word everyday.  i hear what you are saying though.  

and yes, this nation has a LOT to account for.  delirious psychopaths and warmongers wearing $5,000 suits making decisions for us all under the guise of the stripes and stars, while we pledge to them our allegiance, energy and posterity.  a lot of what we see happening today is through orchestration and molestation from CIA.  the expansionist of Rome never ceased.  all we are witnessing is the continued colonization of the entire world.  THIS is The evil and it is overarching.  Satan is not only running one religion but many religions and if one is not careful he will even find a place inside our own homes and families.  Evil is pervasive because this world is cursed.....it is sin sick.  And sin is the issue that no one wants to touch.  Sin is the driving force behind it all but many of us are left to deal with the FEAR that it brings.  

this is why we who know the truth must endeavor to combat Fear with Love.  Love is the answer, it is the key, it is God.  this is why we Christians (true Christians) should not be quick to speak evil of dignitaries, leaders, and the like but instead choose to live in peace with them.  We should speak well of men and not bring railing accusations.  Love is our way.

my answer has been and ever will be Jesus.  and like you testified my brother, i remember the day i was filled with the Holy Ghost in my father's basement.  I have been running for the Lord ever since and would not give up His Spirit for anything this world would pay.  

...well i have to run, i got a date with the Holy Spirit in 20 minutes.  i can't wait to get filled again and have Him continue to sanctify this mind of mine.  there is just too much pervasive evil in the world influencing the thoughts for me not to get refilled as often as I can :)  Be Blessed my Brother.

Edited by TrinityeXchange
  • Upvote 6

The same people that put him in office not once but twice are never going to admit to their mistakes or they are so blind to the obvious that they cannot see the oblivious. Never will Christianity and Islam peaceably exist and in fact that will more than likely be the last battle that is spoken of in scripture. Psalm 2:1-4 / Daniel 8:9-11 / Daniel 8:23-25 / Joel 3:9-13 / Revelation 19:19-21

• Upvote 2

Matthew 7:21-23

So I ask you, what is,"the will of the Father"/

That we tolerate evil? Or would Christ want us to expel this evil from our midst.

I think the will of the father is that you love the lord your God above anything else and beyond that love thy neighbor as thyself. That includes not only the guy next door but the guy across the pond. Let's not forget Jesus spent a fair amount of time turning the other cheak, especially when on the cross, shortlo after commanding us to love our enemies.

Evil is best expelled in love not via threads on the internet condemning a nation of people as satanists.

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 1