Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

POST RV: after family/church/charity>Your Big Extravaganza

Me and the wife on a beach in Fiji, grass hut in the background, feet buried in the sand, umbrella drinks, no laptop with dinar sites to be searched, a dream home back in Montana on the lake with my new truck and her new SUV waiting for us, TNT Tony in jail....NO WORRIES. I mean...I'm not asking for a lot.

:peace:

Edited by King Bean
  • Upvote 5

Research that! The Wounded Warrior Foundation sucks up too much in administrative costs! Only pennys out of every dollar goes towards the vets! :(

Last year, the charity raised nearly $150 million.

About $81 million was raised through professional solicitors. Wounded Warrior paid 11 percent of that money to cover its solicitors' fees and the expense of the solicitor-run campaigns. In comparison, veterans charities on the Times/CIR list paid an average of 82 percent to their solicitors.

http://www.tampabay.com/news/business/wounded-warrior-project-spends-58-of-donations-on-veterans-programs/2132493

• Upvote 2

After church, family, and charity I will buy a farm in a minimal tax state (35 acres or so) learn how to hunt, fish and survive on my own property. Also, initially I will dedicate 5 - 10 acres of cleared land to farming staples like corn, zuchinni, potatoes, tomatoes and such. Then give the fresh veggies to local christian food banks/shelters. For funzies, I will buy anything I want at Costco. Yea, yea, hire a good vetted wealth management team.

• Upvote 3

Good topic...I'm for paying someone to fix up the tiny house we just bought...while I'm in Belize gettin' things straightened out down there. A new workshop to carve my staffs and the money to work with a friend who ministers to the Native Americans and travels quite a bit to accomplish that. Then...if it's still in the budget, and in the works...some kind of simple retreat center in the NC/TN Mnts. For people who need some R&R and good home cooked meals while we love on em a bit with good Ol' Southern hospitality. Oh...and Debra...the wife and I went to college in San Antonio...would love to get back there...you name the place dear!!! :)

• Upvote 1

Research that! The Wounded Warrior Foundation sucks up too much in administrative costs! Only pennys out of every dollar goes towards the vets! :(

It's true gymrat! Most "charities" aren't really all that charitable. I think by law they are only required to put 2 or 3% toward the actual charity. Could be more now but, many years ago when I checked it out that is what it was in Denver, Co.

Anyway, the point is that you would be better off starting your own charity and making sure you know where the money goes yourself. I personally have planned to do just that only it won't be on such a large scale type of thing. More about reaching and helping more individuals rather than huge amounts of money going to an institution or only a couple of people.

I also plan on seeking people out that are in desperate need of whatever it may be and getting them the help they need annonamously but, letting them know that is was an act done by YHWH through a person. People tend to praise people way too much and God not so much so, I just want to remind those who maybe don't often think to thank him or who maybe don't even believe in him that He does exist and that  he does produce miracles in many different ways... Oh yeah, and I will go around and collect all of the homless people I can find at least once a month and take them out to eat. I WILL feed the hungry no matter how many tickets I get. I will gladly pay a fine for something that we should all be doing anyway out of the kindness and caring for those who suffer.

As for myself and my furry babies, it's a simple life in a historic home. Likely an old plantation style or antebellum farm house type of place with a little land for growing organic gardens and lots of flowers and probably more fury babies LOL... Hopefully it will come with an extra building of some sort for use as my art studio. Also would like to get a car that is either a lot younger or has a lot less miles than my current 14 yr old subaru outback with 156,000 miles on it LOL. That's it for me. Nothing extravagant necessary here.

Of course this is all speculative, however, if things work out I won't hesitate to make it a reality.

• Upvote 1