Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Deputy Government Abadi calls for the preparation of a draft law of oil and gas

Butifldrm

Deputy Government Abadi calls for the preparation of a draft law of oil and gas

Mon Jan 19 2015 1:22 p.m. | (Voice of Iraq) - comment.PNGAdd Comment - (special) ... confirmed in the oil and energy parliamentary member of the need to approve oil and gas law, saying that the time is ripe for approval in light of the recent agreement between Arbil and Baghdad. He said committee member Rep. Tariq Rasheed in a statement to the site of the Central Council of the Patriotic Union of Kurdistan (PUKcc.net), on Sunday, the government program for the Chairman of the Federal Minister Haider Abadi, a time limit for one year to resolve oil disputes and enactment of the oil and gas law, pointing out that time is running out, has not been taking any step in this direction, calling on Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi to send a new draft of the bill to the House of Representatives during the current session, and correspond by all the political blocs to make it easier for the House of Representatives read the bill and assistance in approval as soon as possible. He MP Rashid said the positive atmosphere between Arbil and Baghdad, contribute to speed up passage of a draft oil and gas law, noting that there are oil agreement between the Kurdistan Regional Government and the federal government, as well as the government program to the Prime Minister of the Federal Haider al-Abadi, which emphasizes the need to resolve outstanding differences between Kurdistan and Baghdad. PUKcc high-Yazidi

Edited by Butifldrm
  • Upvote 1

I might be misreading the statement, especially with the wording of a foreign language, but he seems to be saying that the "time is running out" on the "one year" deadline.  It may be that the deadline was set early in Abadi's administration and now that year is quickly coming to a close with resolution.  They may have another 5 months.  

I hope that is the case.  Another FULL year could really get l--o---n---g.  

• Upvote 1

Ya the oil and gas law isn't just with kurdustan and parliment

They do have 16 other provinces that would be included in the oil and gas law

They hope they can depend on continued cooperation from barzani

I personally doubt it

I think barzani will be the root cause that nothing gets passed at least until they allow elections in kurdustan and vote him out

But he doesn't allow any elections in kurdustan he just allows his picture posted on every street corner like saddam

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Kurds have come to an agreement on this and now we have the left overs from the previous government who want to sabotage the oil and gas law along with the budget.   It will happen when they get these thieves in check.

Kurds have come to an agreement on this and now we have the left overs from the previous government who want to sabotage the oil and gas law along with the budget.   It will happen when they get these thieves in check.

I did forget that maliki didn't want to pay the salaries of the Peshmerga which is bologna, and they DO have elections in Kurdistan.  Unlike one is saying.  Hmm, i quoted me.  OH well, stuff happens. 

Edited by uncirculd
  • Upvote 5

The other day I had written up a post stating that the Erbil/Baghdad agreement was not even close to the Oil and Gas Law replete with links to the pdf version of the 2007 oil and gas law draft. I deleted it because I remember seeing another post such as the one above and could not find it. The agreement between Erbil and Baghdad is not the oil law that everyone thinks. Whilst this is good news and a box checked off in a long list of items to be checked, the Erbil/Bagdad agreement does not conform to the article in Iraq's Constitution to meet the what is required of the law. While I am not without hope, I have been stating all along a gentle whisper behind the roar of celebration that its great this has been completed but let's get the HCL law passed as soon as possible for the citizens of Iraq, the refugees and all of our sakes. I encourage those to look up the 2007 Oil and Gas Draft which was never passed because of the idiot in charge at the time. 

• Upvote 1