Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

U.S. Central Command Twitter account compromised: Pentagon official

Bumper64

centcom-screen-grab-2-1-2048x1152-201501

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Central Command Twitter account was compromised on Monday, a Defense Department official said.

The official, speaking on condition of anonymity, said "Centcom is taking appropriate measures to address the matter."

http://news.yahoo.com/u-central-command-twitter-feed-appears-hacked-sympathizers-175514451.html

_80220560_hack2_624.jpg

US Central Command's Twitter and YouTube accounts have been hacked by a group claiming to back Islamic State.

One message said: "American soldiers, we are coming, watch your back."

It was signed by Isis, another name for the Islamic State. Some internal military documents also appeared on the Centcom Twitter feed.

US Centcom said it was taking "appropriate measures". The Twitter account was later taken down so no tweets could be viewed.

The hack happened as President Barack Obama was preparing a major speech on cybersecurity.

His spokesman Josh Earnest said the US is looking into the Centcom hacking.

He said they were investigating the extent of the incident, and that there was a significant difference between a large data breach and the hacking of a twitter account.

_75306515_line976.jpg

Analysis - Dave Lee, BBC technology reporter

Let's be clear: this does not appear to be a hack of US Central Command, or any of its systems. It's far less sophisticated than that - but this was always intended to be a PR coup rather than a technical one.

The timing could not have been more embarrassing. President Obama was speaking about his big new plans for cyber-security - an announcement designed to reassure Americans that after a year of massive hacks, and the damaging Sony Pictures attack, personal information on the internet was safe.

As he was wrapping up his speech, the official Twitter account for US Central Command starting spilling out propaganda from IS. On YouTube, pro-IS videos were being posted on Centcom's official channel.

Messages on Twitter pointed to what hackers call a "data dump" - proof, they say, that they've accessed top secret files.

That claim is so-far unverified. The BBC found at least one of the "leaked" images was in fact already publicly available on the Pentagon's website - but the source of the other information posted is unclear.

• Upvote 1

bring it you bas@^$.....lets end this one and for all!!!

I couldn't agree more!!  Lock and Load!!

I for one am tired of always looking over my shoulder between the raciest allegations to these A-Holes!!  Let's get this over with and let God sort us all out between BAD and GOOD!!

• Upvote 2

evened ya out Bump

Thank ya SG7, been a while since i had a red mark!!  They only have 7436 more to go!!  lol

I figured someone wouldn't like that but sometimes truth hurts!!  

Thanks Again!!   :tiphat:

Let's make it the 19th- I'm buying!

I'm right next to ya!!!!   :cheesehead:

• Upvote 1