Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

ISX/ESX ?

rockfl9

I am surprised that members here are invested and not aware of normal stock market operations.

In most countries stocks are traded only in the local currency.

In most cases if the local currency goes up 1% stock prices adjust  the same  amount in time.

If the currency  adjusts the stock prices do also  but only to the point of    real value . future cash flows may not.. In the case of banks they decline.

I would like to know  how  in the minds of isx/esx investors hwdinar? they will profit in an RV of the 

• Upvote 1

I can't speak for others, but my holdings in the ISX have no bearing on what the currency does (RV or LOP). I and many others, including big investors, feel many of the companies/banks in the ISX hold great promise for growth, which happens often as a country recovers from war (should Irawq recover, which I believe they eventually will).

For those who have been buying/selling actively and at the right times on the ISX, you could have already doubled or tripled your investment, not including bonus/paidup shares, and dividends.

• Upvote 2

ROW:: Not sure you are totally correct. If the nominal value of the underlying currency changes significantly the stock PRICE must adjust. With a  3 zero lop, if the original share price was 3 dinar the new share price becomes .003 dinar. (i.e. neutral value). With a 10X RV it would be .3 dinar. With a float stock prices will become unstable but not as bad as the dinar. In that respect the stock market is entirely logical.

Now, RE.  your profits? Have you or anyone you know actually been able to physically  receive your profits in dollars?  

ROW:: Not sure you are totally correct. If the nominal value of the underlying currency changes significantly the stock PRICE must adjust. With a  3 zero lop, if the original share price was 3 dinar the new share price becomes .003 dinar. (i.e. neutral value). With a 10X RV it would be .3 dinar. With a float stock prices will become unstable but not as bad as the dinar. In that respect the stock market is entirely logical.

Now, RE.  your profits? Have you or anyone you know actually been able to physically  receive your profits in dollars?  

No doubt, totally agree. But regardless if their a LOP and a stock split, or an RV and price fluctuation, many people (professionals) feel that the ISX is a good investment long term and very undervalued should Iraq reach its potential economically.

Regarding my profits, I've reinvested them into the ISX, so I have not requested a withdrawal. Another member claims to have tested our broker ---- (several of us do not use WARKA (actually, it frustrates me that instructions on how to open a WARKA account is still pinned . . . . ), by requesting a withdrawal of several grand and received it quickly. However, I'll only belive this when I try it, but the broker I work with has yet to disappoint me. But of course, there is risk involved when working with any broker (bernie madoff), but investing in the ISX is one I feel is worthwhile.

ROW::: I wonder how you can get enough info to select stocks in the ISX. Does your broker provide prospectus and/or annual reports. Seems like a lot of trouble to buy/sell through a human broker in a foreign country as you do. More than enough good opportunities here. I like to know I am in control.

Not much risk working with US registered brokers if you are just trading...Bernie was running a hedge fund, thats different, people were trusting him to do the investing for them. 

ROW::: I wonder how you can get enough info to select stocks in the ISX. Does your broker provide prospectus and/or annual reports. Seems like a lot of trouble to buy/sell through a human broker in a foreign country as you do. More than enough good opportunities here. I like to know I am in control.

Not much risk working with US registered brokers if you are just trading...Bernie was running a hedge fund, thats different, people were trusting him to do the investing for them. 

There are a few sites that give info on each listed company (earnings, ratios, news, etc.). Are they as thorough as US sites? Of course not. There is more guessing involved for sure, but this doesn't stop one from trading technical  analysis and potentially turning a profit. I mentioned bernie as an example of giving my money to a third party and potentially getting ripped off, which is what happened.

Yes, there are some good opportunities here, which I have taken advantage of, but I hold on the ISX for long term and trade when there is a good profit to be made. I am long on serveral positions and Im banking that through bonus and paidup shares, and dividends, they will turn a better profit than some companies here in the states, especially in the long run.

Doesn't anyone have a birthday or something

Everything could happen for your birthday

We can all get rich because iraq needs a higher exchange rate

I see Japan is into the three zero catagory now with their 10,000 yen notes

Are they going to not be allowed on the forex now or get kicked out of the WTO

How can they trade with a weak yen like that internationally

Maybe it will come on my birthday that would be a good present

Ah ha ha ha ha ha

Iraq has 4 billion dollars worth of gold

Can't they rv 80 trillion dinar to a dollar and hurry up too I'm getting old

Iraq is rich now and they don't need to borrow any money they can be a donor and give away trillions of dollars to solve the worlds financial crisis

ROW  ::; When I saw the steps required to trade in the ISX , it was not for me . Too expensive and complex. I have 3 on-line accounts that cost nothing to maintain.

Trades are $7 or free. 

Until now with the confusion and corruption there,  too risky for me.

Hope you understand that you don't have a profit or loss in an investment until you actually sell and pocket the cash! Otherwise only a potential. For that reason would be good to test the ability to sell or close an account!1 

The trading process is archaic at best. Possibly better with the new systems. Then there are the many holiday closures.  

Edited by rockfl9

They know the amount of non-Iraqi trades ! So by your account# you are a foreigner ! Hmmmmm SO do their laws prevent them from favoring a Iraqi investor????

The ISX matching is completed by lot size not individual investor account number. We are under the 9 year old investment Law, you might want take a look at the current investment law.

I wonder that these new Money/financial firms are just IPOs looking to attract foreign investment playing on the RV myth???
Think about it? It has to be the impression that these money transfers involve movement in/out of the Iraqi market anticipated when there is an RV! Typically IPOs are set up to recover angel investors money by selling stock.
I think anyone who buys these stocks is a sucker!