Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

40 World Leaders in France Stand Up for Freedom Against the Terrorists. One Major Figure Was Missing. Can u guess WHO?

BY JUSTEN CHARTERS (2 HOURS AGO) | ELECTIONS

4613334821-770x330.jpg

Getty - Dan Kitwood

Nearly four million people took to the streets of Paris Sunday to take a stand against terrorism.

The massive crowd included more than 40 world leaders, but President Obama was nowhere to be found.

Just to be sure he didn’t have something else demanding his attention, we checked his schedule on whitehouse.gov:

Obama1.jpg

Image Credit: Whitehouse.gov

People on social media began wondering: where is Obama?

New York Times Best-Selling author, Brad Thor put it like this.

Then, someone attempted to rebuttal Thor.

Twitter-Exchange..jpg

Image Credit: Twitter

Another Twitter user shared their thoughts on what they considered to be a double standard.

In addition, Fox News contributor Tammy Bruce pointed out.

However, some felt that a few world leaders in attendance were magnifying hypocrisy.

Others thought the president’s foreign policy might be a little misguided:

Even former Clinton adviser and ardent Obama supporter didn’t understand the reason for the president’s absence.

The Atlantic’s Jeffery Goldberg illustrated how it was really a snub to our French allies.

Author Stephen England commented on the event with some biting satire:

It turns out: Obama first sent Eric Holder as the U.S. representative, but for some reason he wasn’t able to attend. The next best choice according to the White House was our ambassador to France, Jane Hartley. Moreover, Secretary of State John Kerry’s face couldn’t be spotted in the sea of people either.

One thing we did learn, Obama is planning a summit for world leaders in February to map out a plan to fight back against violent extremism, which he plans on hosting. While that’s all well and good, it appears the opinions are unanimous that the president should have been marching in Paris.

After all, he is the head of the coalition fighting ISIS, a terrorist organization with more power and resources than Al-Qaeda. Obama’s absence isn’t doing anything to improve the relationship with our long time ally France, it’s only showing a massive lack in leadership from the ‘leader of the free world.’

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I guess the feeling is shabs is that the rest of the world thought this was important enough that high ranking officials 

attend .

Not ambassadors.

But now that I re-read this,  it was a call for world LEADERS.

So yes it was fitting that Berry not attend.

We all know that berry doesn't qualify 

Hey some of my best friends are trailer trash 

• Upvote 3

Jake Tapper: I'm ashamed by U.S. leaders' absence in Paris

By Jake Tapper, CNN

Paris (CNN)"Thank you," said the man. I was standing outside of the offices of Charlie Hebdo covering the aftermath of the terrorist attacks for CNN. He was thanking me just for being here, just for covering the event and its aftermath, what Le Monde referred to as France's September 11. And his appreciation was echoed by French citizen after French citizen.

The rally Sunday for unity drew 1.5 million people in Paris and more than twice that nationwide; it was like nothing I've ever seen or covered. Our nation's oldest ally stood firm. A young Muslim Frenchwoman held a sign saying "Je suis Juif."

140926164030-jake-tapper-profile-image-l

Jake Tapper

A man and his son came over to me holding a sign saying "I disapprove of what you say but I will defend to the death your right to say it," beseeching me to share their message with the American people. And world leaders were standing together amidst a procession that included Francois Hollande of France, Angela Merkel of Germany, David Cameron of Great Britain, Mahmoud Abbas of the Palestinian Authority and Benjamin Netanyahu of Israel, along with the leaders of Mali, Jordan and Turkey.

It is no small thing for the king of Jordan, a direct descendent of the Prophet Mohammed, to march in a rally prompted by the murders of people who mocked Islam as well as of innocent Jews -- all of whom were killed by Islamic extremists.

The United States, which considers itself to be the most important nation in the world, was not represented in this march -- arguably one of the most important public demonstrations in Europe in the last generation -- except by U.S. Ambassador Jane Hartley, who may have been a few rows back. I didn't see her. Even Russia sent Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov.

I say this as an American -- not as a journalist, not as a representative of CNN -- but as an American: I was ashamed.

I certainly understand the security concerns when it comes to sending President Barack Obama, though I can't imagine they're necessarily any greater than sending the lineup of other world leaders, especially in aggregate.

But I find it hard to believe that collectively President Obama, Vice President Joe Biden, Secretary of State John Kerry, Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel, Treasury Secretary Jack Lew and Attorney General Eric Holder -- who was actually in France that day for a conference on counterterrorism -- just had no time in their schedules on Sunday. Holder had time to do the Sunday shows via satellite but not to show the world that he stood with the people of France?

There was higher-level Obama administration representation on this season's episodes of "The Good Wife" on CBS.

I get that the President visited the French Embassy in Washington and that Secretary of State John Kerry spoke in French, and I certainly understand that the American commitment to security in Europe rivals no other. But with all due respect, those are politicians spending money that they didn't earn and sending troops whom they don't know.

And this is not just a matter of the current occupant of the White House.

I find it hard to believe that Speaker of the House John Boehner and new Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell had more worthy pursuits on Sunday than standing side-by-side with our French brothers and sisters as they came together in an inspirational way.

After September 11, the first world leader to visit the United States was France's Jacques Chirac, though the most forceful conversation about France in Congress that I can recall came a few years later during debate over whether to invade Iraq and revolved around renaming pommes frites in the U.S. House cafeteria.

And I'm frankly floored that not one of the people who is contemplating running for president in 2016 has yet to even tweet on the subject of the momentous demonstration in Paris, much less attend France's biggest rally in the history of the republic.

I imagine that Hillarious Clinton and her husband are kicking themselves for not hopping on a corporate jet to get here. Can you picture Hillarious and Bill walking in the front row, arm-in-arm with Netanyahu and Hollande?

Chris Christie, Scott Walker and Paul Ryan attended the Green Bay-Dallas football game Sunday and at least one of them sent his potential rivals mischievous tweets as if they were contemplating running for president of Beta Theta Pi.

And Jeb? Mitt? Crickets.

Why? I hope it's not American arrogance, a belief that everyone should express shock when something bad happens to us but that our presence at an international rally is worth less than a ticket to the Green Bay game when the victims speak in accents we don't understand.

I suppose there's always the risk that coming to an event like this as an American leader and getting stuck in the third row could be embarrassing or could lead to accusations that you're trying to capitalize on a tragedy.

But that's not how it would have been interpreted in France.

People here are happy that Americans care. They're eager and appreciative of any evidence of that. And I know it exists -- although American Twitter seemed much more focused on the Golden Globes than anything else Sunday night.

I only wish our leaders had done a better job of showing solidarity with the passion for the freedoms exemplified by the rally.

NYDailyNews.jpg

We ALL know he doesn't care . . . .that's a given.

Ask yourselves the real question as to why he didn't stand shoulder to shoulder with those other Leaders to " Stand Up for Freedom . . . etc. "

Isn't it that Obama doesn't BELIEVE in FREEDOM ? . . . . he has made that abundantly clear over the last 6 years of his reign as Emperor.   

I agree, it's embarrassing... but Dear Leader (shame be upon him) has made it clear he would stand with the Muslims.  He didn't DESERVE to be there.  This is another, in a long line of examples, where obama has chosen to come down on the wrong side of history.  He snubbed the entire free world... and that's what they'll remember.  I'm glad he wasn't there, or Biden, Kerry, Holder, the Clintons... it would have been very wrong if any one of them had been in that photo of World Leaders gathered in solidarity against Radical Islam <spit> since they can't even say the name of the enemy.  

WORST PRESIDENT EVER!

• Upvote 4

We ALL know he doesn't care . . . .that's a given.

Ask yourselves the real question as to why he didn't stand shoulder to shoulder with those other Leaders to " Stand Up for Freedom . . . etc. "

Isn't it that Obama doesn't BELIEVE in FREEDOM ? . . . . he has made that abundantly clear over the last 6 years of his reign as Emperor.

Maybe, just maybe, Obama didn't want to stand with the NWO.

Stand Up for Freedom? Kinda like the patriot act?

When these "leaders" are done, there will be no freedom of speech... anywhere.

Strange I do not remember 40 world leaders marching in New York City after 9-11. :(

Not sure 40 world leaders were actually "marching" in Paris either:

Paris march: TV wide shots reveal a different perspective on world leaders at largest demonstration in France’s history

Never mind those who did attend – the US President Barack Obama “let the world down” by failing to make the journey to France, according to the front page of the New York Daily News.

Now, a different perspective on the leader’s portion of the march has emerged in the form of a wide shot displayed on French TV news reports.

It shows that the front line of leaders was followed by just over a dozen rows other dignitaries and officials – after which there was a large security presence maintaining a significant gap with the throngs of other marchers.

The measure was presumably taken for security reasons – but political commentators have suggested that it raises doubts as to whether the leaders were really part of the march at all.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/paris-march-tv-wide-shots-reveal-a-different-perspective-on-world-leaders-at-largest-demonstration-in-frances-history-9972895.html

Not sure 40 world leaders were actually "marching" in Paris either:

Paris march: TV wide shots reveal a different perspective on world leaders at largest demonstration in France’s history

Never mind those who did attend – the US President Barack Obama “let the world down” by failing to make the journey to France, according to the front page of the New York Daily News.

Now, a different perspective on the leader’s portion of the march has emerged in the form of a wide shot displayed on French TV news reports.

It shows that the front line of leaders was followed by just over a dozen rows other dignitaries and officials – after which there was a large security presence maintaining a significant gap with the throngs of other marchers.

The measure was presumably taken for security reasons – but political commentators have suggested that it raises doubts as to whether the leaders were really part of the march at all.

So basically you're saying.......the first float and the last float in the Rose Bowl parade, are in different parades, or.......the first place car and the last place car, down by 40 laps in the Daytona 500, are in different races, or.......the first place Kenyan runner and the last place soccer mom runner in any marathon, are running different races.  Critical thought indeed......Okay then.   :huh: 

GO RV, and NO BV

• Upvote 1

Actually Shabs, I'm saying it was a photo op... and a campaign stop for the non-invited bibi.

http://www.veteranstoday.com/2015/01/13/netanyahu-got-busted-again/

Looks like bibi may be reaching for something. Maybe he dislikes blacks as much as Arabs.

Edited by flatdawg

To be perfectly honest with you.....I don't think much about Israel or Palestine.  People are my concern, not their countries.   :peace:  It's actually kind of humorous......the dislike you have for Netanyahu rivals the dislike Conservatives have for Obama.   :lol: 

GO RV, and NO BV

Edited by Shabibilicious
  • Upvote 1

I guess the feeling is shabs is that the rest of the world thought this was important enough that high ranking officials

attend .

Not ambassadors.

But now that I re-read this, it was a call for world LEADERS.

So yes it was fitting that Berry not attend.

We all know that berry doesn't qualify

Hey some of my best friends are trailer trash

Me likeie!

Friday night hot date!

Edited by Muleslayer

James Taylor Singing Live in Paris France, with John Kerry
Published on Jan 16, 2015

John Kerry laid it on thick today after failing to show up with world leaders last week to march through Paris in solidarity with France after the Charlie Hebdo attacks .