Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Adam Montana weekly - 7 January 2015

Adam Montana

Morning everyone!

Things just keep getting better! The budget was read today, as planned. It's 
possible to have a decision as soon as tomorrow, but there is no official vote 
scheduled that I know of... either way, when Iraq meets deadline after deadline 
after deadline after a decade of postponements and delays, you know it's time 
to put on a smile!

We already know that we have an HCA, and they are already talking about making 
that an HCL. Again, moving quickly and making solid progress.

:twothumbs:

army03 Just waiting on the text.  No more question it's clear :bravo: Thanks AM.

Deb45 We are soooooo close!
So when you do send us all a text.....How is this all going to go down.  (the chronology of it all)

1. Text message sent to everyone that has the service

2. Specific instructions sent to VIP members

3. General email sent to everyone on the email list

countryroads   Hi Adam.  No question, just a short statement.
I'm sure by now that you've had a chance to read the post of someone else trying to correct your answers to last chat.  Adam we have come too far together, and in the process have rooted out these people. I just want to say that I am with you till the end ,if it ends up .10 or $1.00. Keep up the good work you are doing and let's ride this train to the bank.
My opinion and I hope it is the same as everyone else's.
Go RV

I glanced at it... apparently someone is so desperate for attention they are answering questions that weren't even asked of them? :lol:

I don't waste my time on stuff like that.

:tiphat:

M. Incredible Let me start by saying that I have been a member here since 2011. I was more active back then but just because I haven't posted or responded in the past couple years I still come here all the time for my dinar info fix. This site IS the place to be and I am proud to be a member here.

On with the question.

I currently hold physical notes along with electronic. When we do experience an RV, when will the IRS see this as income? At the time of the rate increase or at the time I decide to cash in?

My concern is with the electronic dinar, Will that be taxed according to it's initial RV'd value or the (hopefully increased) value at the end of the 2015 if I let it ride to the end of the year? or will I only be taxed on it when I decide to convert it to USD regardless of when I decide? What I'm really asking is will I need to convert enought IQD into USD to cover all appropriate taxes of the entire electronic account value and transfer that back into the US to cover my liability? I know a foreign account is a gamble. I'm just concerned with getting the enough funds back into the US to pay the taxes in a timely manner.

Hope this line of questioning makes sense. I wrote it and I'm still a bit confused by it..... :) Since this is my first question (ever) I hope you can forgive my lack of, I mean the way I, Uhmm.....  the phrasing of the..... what's the word...... oh yeah, words...

Again, Thank you and your mods for running a fantastic site!

Ah, TAX questions! I'm not giving financial or tax advice here, just stating my opinion:

I believe you are referring to ISX/Warka when you say "electronic", correct? If so, I have to assume it will work exactly like stocks in your Sharebuilder or Scottrade account... you pay the taxes on them when you realize the gain, which doesn't happen until you sell them or cash out your account.

============= to be continued... ==============

• Upvote 10
  • Downvote 3

========== ...continued... ==============

Jaygo  Cowboys on Sunday.. Not sure how happy I am about that. So if we win that means an automatic RV the next day in Dallas correct??? It's a valid question right?? 

Yes. :lol:

securityguy  Adam; I have been around a little while. Watching and listening mostley. Out of all the possible results we have before us, the most logical openion to me seems that we will see a slight movement in the Dinar value. I am talking pennies at a time increase in value. Over time that will continue. Maybe after at least a year of small movements the value will arrive to where some may consider cashing in. For anyone wanting to cash in when the value reaches 1 to 1 we could be looking at possibly three years or more. That is the way I see it really happening. How say you Adam?.

It's very possible to happen that way. If it does, I'm not going to complain. The only people that will be seriously disappointed at that type of RV are the ones who expect $13 by Monday every week.

Hellifiknow  Adam. If I didn't have the email coming from you on the rate change, how would I know? As in do you think it will be on the nightly news "Iraq is back " maybe spun as all the billions we spent freeing them from a dictator was worth it. Maybe in a way that says...now they can PAY US BACK !  Just make the news...
I am glad I have my email coming from you !!
Go rv

It will definitely be on the news. If you go through the archives, whenever the major news stations do a segment on the Dinar they are always careful to not rule out the possibility of an RV, so when they do get to announce it they won't have to admit they were wrong.

:twocents:

Texstorm   Great Job Adam ! My question to you is, If Iraq continues at a 1166 exchange rate  while pumping roughly $18,000,000,000 a year in oil revenues, will that give them enough money to facilitate all of the re-building projects that are needed, and I guess the other thing that I'm looking for why would they RV given all of their outstanding debt.

I'm not sure what exact re-building projects are "needed", so I won't answer that one. But regarding "all of their outstanding debt" - there's not that much left now that half the world has forgiven and they've repaid so much over the last 10 years! I'm sorry, but I don't agree that either of those points is sufficient to stop them from raising the value of their currency.

I gave a long list of reasons I believe the value can and should be higher in my book RV Intel, so I won't list them all here again. 

I hear it's a good read! Get it if you haven't already. :twothumbs:

calkid11   Hello Adam & Mods any news yet about the HCL being done?
Thank you
Hope you all had a good New Years

Yep! Check the link in my first post. :twothumbs:

============= ... to be continued ... ==============
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

============ continued (last one!) ==============

stealthwarrior  Adam,do you see a true end in sight for this adventure?

It's been a long time since I felt comfortable using the word "soon", but yes - I think this is coming to an end SOON.

labdog  Happy New Year to you Adam and everyone reading this :twothumbs: I have been a holder of this currency since 2004 when I saw the first full page add in USA today!  Interestingly enough I took a speculative risk and bought 1/2 million to start. My holdings have increased over the last 10 years and without any real gains. I have been a follower of your posts since your start and I am a VIP as well. (VIP questions removed)

Hi labdog,

I'm happy to answer your questions but please take them to the VIP section. :tiphat:

boosterbglee   Packers 21  Cowboys 17
Do you agree, King Cheese?   :cheesehead:

Packers 27 Cowboys 17

Jrose  Hi Adam, I have a two questions for you today.  One, do you think the low gas prices as of late would give speculation that Iraqi will RV soon?
Second, my father has been skeptical of the Iraqi Dinar from the begenning and he has asked me the question, where will the trillions of dollars come from when a RV occurs (let's say it revalues at 50 cents :twothumbs: ) when people cash in the Dinars?  Thanks and good luck to the Packers!!

I'm not here to try to convince people like your father - some people simply refuse to see the possibilities here. But for the benefit of the members, I'll still answer.

The price of oil doesn't have anything to do with "if" or "when" they RV, but it could have an impact on the RV amount. We'll just have to wait and see what they do with that one. 

Regarding where the money comes from to cover the increased value, that's easy. Think about the US - when we borrow a few billion from China, China doesn't actually send us a boatload of physical cash. It's the same thing with Iraq - they won't be handing out physical cash to cover your currency. 

That's the beauty (and shame) of all fiat currencies like the Dinar or the USD. As long as the world will accept Iraq's promise to honor the value they state their currency is worth, that's all that matters. Iraq has vast amounts of liquid gold, their production keeps increasing, they continue to make positive progress with their government, etc etc... all that adds up to bolster their credit-worthiness.

Caye98  These certainly seem to be exciting times for holders of IQD! Add to that we can now not only have Adam answer our questions, but we can also wait for someone to steal the questions asked of Adam and post a video from under a rock somewhere answering questions no one has asked of him (but I digress...)
Having read numerous articles about the Iraqi Parliament having the second reading of the 2015 Budget proposal today [7/1/2015] and reports of Article 140 being approved/included to satisfy the Kurds, (and realizing that this is Iraq we are talking about so anything is possible) I am still unclear if once the Budget has been read a 2nd time what is the legal/anticipated time frame for acceptance? If I understand correctly, until it is published in the Gazette it is not law? If this is the case, what is/should the required time frame for the budget to become past and accepted a law? A simple reference to a number below is fine...
1. It can be passed immediately after the 2nd reading...  :backflip:
2. They must wait at least 4 more days (Possibly Sunday 11 January)... 
3. They must wait at least 20+ days for comment and a final vote...  :rolleyes:
4. It is easier/more certain to guess the outcome of Packers vs Cowboys  :lol:

Thank you and Happy New Year!  

4!!!

In all seriousness, there is no law or rule that they can't circumnavigate in order to make things happen, so it's hard to open up the Iraqi Rulebook and point to a specific section that will give us an exact date. :shrug:

Cosmicndn   Thank you Adam for all you do. Question: The backing of the economy in Iraq is petroleum. Not so much textile or grain or whatever manufacturing other countries have. With a petroleum based economy do you think it would affect an RV? I think that is captain obvious stuff but the timing of an RV could or should it be delayed with a low per barrel price? Thoughts? I'm thinking America's team btw! lol

That's a good question. I actually read an article this morning on something Warren Buffett said - there's no point in trying to "time the market" - the smart thing to do is simply make good investments. I thought about the dinar on two levels after I read that.

1. Although we aren't "timing" this thing, we did have a specific timeframe to get in - aka Pre-RV. If we didn't know anything about the Iraqi Dinar before the RV, we'd be hearing about it on the morning news and then it would already be too late.

2. The price of oil will have an effect on how high they can RV, but for them to try to wait for oil to go back up would be foolish for exactly the reason Warren Buffett gave. I believe Iraq is smart enough to understand that concept... so their smart play would simply be if they were going to RV at $1 with $100 per barrel oil, then they simply RV at .50 with $50 per barrel oil.

That's my 2 pennies on it!

countryroads   Adam.  Was curious on your take for this. Today when I drove into town (western Ohio) I noticed that all the gas stations had raised their prices by about .30 cents a gallon. Are the oil prices starting to raise or was this just a local increase? I have no other information except the price increase.
Thanks.
GO RV

I don't know what's going on in your town, but it sounds like a conspiracy! AAA reports today that the national average is still 6 cents lower than a week ago!

=====================================

That's it for today - good questions everyone!

Keep an eye on that budget and HCL news, and I'll catch you next time.

• Upvote 12

2. The price of oil will have an effect on how high they can RV, but for them to try to wait for oil to go back up would be foolish for exactly the reason Warren Buffett gave. I believe Iraq is smart enough to understand that concept... so their smart play would simply be if they were going to RV at $1 with $100 per barrel oil, then they simply RV at .50 with $50 per barrel oil.

Keep an eye on that budget and HCL news, and I'll catch you next time.

I'll take your 2 pennies and raise ya' another 2!!  I swear I had the same thought process/idea on this for the last three days!!

You sure we weren't separated at birth? Here's to waiting on news for the HCL!!!  Hahahahaha!

Thanks Adam! :peace:

• Upvote 2

This is what I liked the most from your post Adam:    

It's been a long time since I felt comfortable using the word "soon", but yes - I think this is coming to an end SOON.

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/194051-adam-montana-weekly-7-january-2015/#ixzz3OA6eUtqE

Thanks for another good one.      

Thanks Adam!  Love your take on this. I'm just encouraged that you broke down and used the "S" word.

Let's see how long it takes the other gurus to twist your words saying that you predicted a .50 cent RV because of the low price of oil (Oh...THAT would NEVER happen... :wacko:  :blink:  )

Here't to my second favorite team having a great game!!! (My favorite team is the Seahawks - my second favorite team is who ever is playing the Cowboys...)

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Thanks Adam - I will be GLAD to take .50 RV anytime.....Lets GO IRAQ....

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Read more: http://dinarvets.com/forums/index.php?/topic/194051-adam-montana-weekly-7-january-2015/#ixzz3OAAcd4YG
  • Upvote 2

153 user(s) are reading this topic

46 members, 107 guests, 0 anonymous users

not a big packer fan...being form minnesota but, have to because they are in our Division .go :facepalm: green bay

love Adams post.. because they are getting shorter and shorter. less things needing to get done :bravo: .

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1