Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Who's the final authority?

Deb45

So I've been wondering.... there's the Iraqi parliament, the house of representative, the cabinet, the PM. Who or what group is the final authority on passing the budget?  What is the structure or hierarchy of the GOI?

Each of those entities seem to put out their own statements on issues and each sound as if they are the one that has the final say so on what's going to happen.   I know that it has to be read 2 times then its voted on and something about it being posted in the iraqi gazette. But Who/what group are the ones that make the FINAL vote and make it into Law?

Anybody?

So I've been wondering.... there's the Iraqi parliament, the house of representative, the cabinet, the PM. Who or what group is the final authority on passing the budget?  What is the structure or hierarchy of the GOI?

Each of those entities seem to put out their own statements on issues and each sound as if they are the one that has the final say so on what's going to happen.   I know that it has to be read 2 times then its voted on and something about it being posted in the iraqi gazette. But Who/what group are the ones that make the FINAL vote and make it into Law?

Anybody?

the parliament has to pass by 2/3 majority vote and Jubouri has changed the voting structure so that the 2/3 majority is determined by  how many are in attendance, not the total amount of ministers elected (last elections).  then massum has to sign off on it, but there are articles stating that he already has a "standing" acceptance/signature on the budget, dating back to enact the budget retroactively, to Jan 1 2015

it's coming up for a second reading..if there's amendments to be made, the parliament will do it and then, from all I can tell, those amendments/if any, have to go back again to the COM , then it goes back to parliament  for a third vote (again, all this depends on changes - if any)

Edited by TBomb
  • Upvote 2

Yeah I know the CBI has the say so on the rate change but I'm talking about the budget and HCL.

The Council of Ministers is the executive branch headed by Prime Minister, and the Council of Representatives is the legislative branch, like our Congress.

The legislative branch creates and passes laws and the executive branch, the pm along with the council of ministers have to ratify them.

• Upvote 3

Thanks

Your the Bomb T, you too Queezy. Just trying to get my head around it. Just when I think I do, something else comes along to fowl me all up.

Btw, that's not the font I chose to post in. It picked something else up instead. Anyway...