Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Finally, a Challenge to the GOP Establishment

divemaster5734

This is how it starts my friends.

I you have a republican in congress, use this link http://www.house.gov/representatives/find/ to get their email address.

Let them know you are tired of Boehener, and his limp wristed leadership.

Gohmert is one of the most conservative people there. He has at least promised to tackle immigration and Obamacare.

If we can oust the establishment puppet, you may very well see a whole different paradigm in Washington ......  JMHO.....DM

Rep. Louis Gohmert (R-Texas) said Sunday that he will challenge John Boehner (R-Ohio) as Speaker in the new Congress.

“I’m putting my name out there today to be another candidate for Speaker,” Gohmert said on "Fox and Friends."

Gohmert said that after “years of broken promises, it’s time for a change.”

Rep. Ted Yoho (R-Fla.) on Saturday announced that he would not support Boehner for Speaker.

"This is not a personal attack against Mr. Boehner, however, the people desire and deserve a choice," Yoho said in a Facebook post. "In November, they resoundingly rejected the status quo."

“Eventually, the goal is second, third, fourth round, we have enough people that say ‘you know what, it really is time for a change,' ” Gohmert said Sunday. “'You deceived us when you went to Obama and Pelosi to get your votes for the cromnibus. You said you’d fight amnesty tooth an nail. You didn’t, you funded it.' ”

Gohmert said, if elected, he would ”fight amnesty tooth and nail. We’ll use the powers of the purse. We’ll have better oversight. We’ll fight to defund ObamaCare.”

“In 2010, Boehner and other leaders said if you put us in the majority, we will have time to read the bills,” Gohmert said. “That hasn’t happened. We saw that with the cromnibus, again.”

“We’ll get back to appropriating and we will go through regular committee process, so every representative from both parties will have a chance to participate in the process and not have a dictator running things,” he added.

"With a growing Republican majority in the House and a historically high number of liberty-voting fiscal conservatives within it, there is an urgent need replace Speaker Boehner with fresh, bold leadership that better represents the views of the whole caucus," FreedomWorks President Matt Kibbe said in a statement on Sunday.

“Speaker Boehner has kicked fiscal conservatives off committee positions for voting against his wishes, caved on numerous massive spending bills at the eleventh hour, and abused the legislative process to stomp out opposition by holding surprise votes and giving members little time to actually read the bills before they vote," Kibbe added.

The conservative group will urge activists to contact their representatives ahead of Tuesday’s vote.

Incoming Rep. Barbara Comstock (R-Va.) said Sunday on CNN’s “State of the Union” that she would vote for Boehner.

“We voted in our conference in November, and … it was near unanimous. I think there was one weak voice that didn't say, that may have said ‘nay.’ There hasn't been a campaign or any phone calls that anyone has received, so I expect that will move forward very smoothly.”

--This report was updated at 1:50 p.m.

• Upvote 4