Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Questions for Adam's Update 12-31-2014 "New Year's Eve"

TexasGranny

Please post your questions below for Adam's Wednesday update.

Please do NOT respond to the questions posted!    :shakehead:

Responses that are not on topic will be removed!    :surgeon:

:cowboy2:

NOTICE: Since this is New Year's Eve, not sure if Adam will be doing an update or not. Leave your questions anyway and he will answer them in the next update he does! 

new-years-clipart-firework-broad.jpg

Happy New Year Everyone!!

• Upvote 11

Happy Holidays everyone on DV and thank you all for the fun, laughter you  have bought me on this site.

Adam let me be the first on here to wish you and all the Mods and everyone on this fantastic site a happy and prosperous new year.  :bravo::cigar:

Edited by limopeter
  • Upvote 5

Hi Adam...with everything going on right now, and the US bringing in more troops, do you think that the US is there to stabilize the security for Iraq, during the revaluation process? My conspiracy theory!! Also, are you looking forward to the NFC Championship game with my Seahawks? Thank you for providing this forum, which gives us insane dinarians a place to hang out! Go Hawks!!

• Upvote 2

I'm in the group that sees this probably happening within the next few days- mid-January at the latest. If not, it will mean that I have no idea what's going on and have misjudged the whole process.

IYO, if this does drag on past your own percieved timeframe and series of events, what will you be looking for next?

• Upvote 8

Hi Adam I hope your X-Mass was good and I wish you and yours a happy and Prosperous New Year!

With the lastest report of the 7th being the 2nd reading of the budget do you think, (in your opinion), this is it, or do you see it taking more time?

With all of the BS going on out there does the USA really have any say in Iraq RV'ing their currency???. 

And the last question, what is wrong with with the idiot politicians starting with the Pres. to the Mayor of NYC. (Some day maybe we can have a lot of drinks on an island of your choice when all this is over to discuss world peace)?

You can answer the last question later if you don't feel like typing a book!

Thank you for all that you do to bring us some clarity on a Wednesday every week!! 

• Upvote 1

Hi Adam,

Since this is my first post with a question for you, let me start by adding my thanks for all that you do for all of us.  Much appreciated!

I've noticed that many DV members seem to assume that the new rate and the 2015 budget will be announced simultaneously, and that therefore the latest news of a Jan. 7th budget vote pushes the rate announcement back to that date as well.  Since Gov. Shabbibi has always said that it's best that a new rate starts at the beginning of the year, how likely do you think it would be that the rate is announced announced Jan. 1st, and then the budget, with the new rate, is voted on Jan. 7th?

Ok...gonna ask your "honest opinion" on Detroit's #90 (Suh)...should he get an acting award for not acknowledging that he stepped on Aaron Rogers bad leg not once...but twice!!! I will try to restrain myself but words can't describe how low someone has to stoop to try and pull off such a cheap shot!!! By his track record and another teammate doing the same thing to someone else last week I gotta ask how can anyone choose to support players like that??? It's a game...one they get paid quite well to participate in...so I'm not sure I can support a sport that allows undisciplined actions like that. Don't get me wrong...I love the Packers...but wth is going on when a sport... by their inaction...condones such behavior??? I'm mad and sad at the same time! :(

Onto the Dinar however...It appears from what I'm reading in the news from our great news hounds (how do you do it btw???...get such great folks that do such a great job on bringin' us the latest and best news out of Iraq and around the world!)...that Shabibi might indeed be back at the CBI if not already then in the near future...what is your take on how he would effect the RV? I have always liked him for a bean counter and always doubted the charges against him...but is he, in your opinion, good for Iraq's economy and a healthy RV?

Sandfly again for keepin' it real Adam and gettin' such great Mod's to work with such a rowdy bunch like us!!! :)

• Upvote 1

Happy Holidays Adam and Mods - I want to thank you all for what you do on the sight for DV and I want to wish you and your family a very Happy New YEAR!!!!  My question is in regards to HCL- I know we have HCA but how long do you think it would take for HCL and/or is it in the Budget for 2015?  Finally - Do you think we will see RV sometime in 2015 first quarter?

Side Note...I am a Detroit Lions fan, but I believe it's time for Suh to GOOOO - We are fed-up with his foolishness in Detroit and that was the last straw by stepping on Aaron Roggers - No reason for that non-sense...GO RV....

Edited by eburt
  • Upvote 3

Thanks for that personal note eburt....I'm not opposed to good healthy competition....but your right, when it gets out of hand that player should go...and I don't mean to another team. Quarterbacks...no matter if it's Rogers, Manning, or even that poster boy Brady....are one of the main attractions in the sport and consequently have a bucket load of rules to protect them. I did just find out Suh has been suspended but I have no idea for how long...but IMO when a player has his track record of unsportsman like conduct it's time to bench him....permanently!!! There should be no room in the NFL for that kind of behavior... No matter what team a person plays on!

Feel free to chime in on this Adam if you have time...after all...the Packers are the only team that are owned by the fans!!! ;o)

• Upvote 1

Hey Rod my brother...I agree with you.  Suh, came from my hometown, Portland Oregon, and I thought was a immature young guy, but hoped he would mature, eventually.  I think he is getting worse, not better.  He is detrimental to the Lions, and I think you will see them dumping him soon.  In fact, he is not the only defensive lineman that needs to go, on the lions.  I think that there is a mentality on that team now, that is going to push their fans, and the all important sponsors away.   JMHO, and I really hope that they learn, what a priviledge, it is to do what they do! 

Go RV or RI Soon!!!

:twocents:

• Upvote 2

from Reuters

Iraqi Finance Minister Hoshyar Zebari has taken a brutally realistic stance on the passing of Iraq’s 2015 budget, Reuters reports. Zebari has previously been frank about the challenges Iraq faces and the war economy situation the country is now in.

The Finance Minister noted how,

“The strategy was to present a real budget – to engineer our budget according to our actual revenues so that we will be able to meet our top priorities.”

Such frankness is a good thing if we follow the logic that a good politician manages the expectations of the public and is realistic about the challenges ahead. If we look at the last administration for example, we saw several promises by the former PM that Iraq’s problems such as the electricity crisis or the security crisis would end within “months”.

Previous budgets had also been based on the expectation of a high oil price, a risky strategy.

Nonetheless, like so many other oil dependent nations, Iraq has been hit hard by the collapse in oil prices, although the IMF recently reported the country’s economic contraction would be less than originally forecast, just half a percent according to one estimate. As such, the 2015 budget comes in at $103 billion (123 trillion dinars) running a deficit of 23 trillion dinars.

On the positive side, the 2015 budget cements the recent interim Baghdad-Erbil oil agreement, which some analysts hope could form the basis (if not the ultimate solution) to Iraq’s oil revenue dispute.

And the Abadi administration has a mixture of confidence tinged with concern about the challenge ahead. Oil Minister Abdel Adel Mehdi has noted how the current financial squeeze could provide an opportunity for genuine public sector reform, a key objective of the Abadi government.

------------------------------------------------------

So it seems the drop in oil has hurt the Iraqis as much as other countries - would Abadi's budget based on lower oil be enough to stir the needed change for the average Iraqi citizen, or will they have to wait for oil to rebound?  A 23 trillion dinar deficit is nothing to sneeze at!

By the way, thank you for providing this site and the great content and forums for us to share our ideas, opinions and humour.

All the best to all Dinarians in 2015 !!!

• Upvote 3

Hello Adam,

I have been in DV for 5 years now and wait anxiously for that magic moment when we can say YES, we can go to the bank now. On the other hand, I read things like this: Http//: www.wealthdaily.com/articles/the-future-of-the-iraqi-dinar/4424 and then my bubble is burst and I wonder how I could have wasted this much time following this currency. We have seen just about everything that had to be completed get completed.  We read articles that stated we would see everything come to fruition by years end. Now we are being told to watch for January 7th..................does this begin the new push into 2015?  We know you don't give a rate/date, but I think we are at a point where we need you to give us a " little more" info on how much longer you think this will continue.   Happy New Year