Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Federal Public Budget Law of The Republic of Iraq For 2015

Nadita

Let's see how long it takes before the

Guru's start spouting their pu-pu about

the new rate being in Article 38, and that's

why it's missing.

Anyone want to place bets on which

one will do it first...?

I'll wager that Okie landed his '747' and has already taken credit for 'breaking the news'

• Upvote 2

Okay, so now what? They talked about the 2014 budget being a big deal. Then the 2015.

Seriously. I'm not trying to be negative but neither do I want to be a lame brain. If that is the rate in the 2015 budget- what would give us reason to think it is planned or expected to change this year?

It's all percentages/ratios. I mean, if you have a budget of 1000 units at a current rate of 1unit = $10 for a total budget of $10,000, if you revalue so that your 1 unit equals $100, you adjust everything that utilizes your currency/money system in ratio. It's all just simple math. No gain or loss anywhere. Neutral event.

Iraq could easily do the same. Just sayin'...

• Upvote 3

Seriously. I'm not trying to be negative but neither do I want to be a lame brain. If that is the rate in the 2015 budget- what would give us reason to think it is planned or expected to change this year?

Looks like they built the budget around the 1166.  We're screwed.

I would think that they would build their budget around their natural resources , since that is all they have for the time being. The IQD does not reflect their natural resources, it's an artificially programmed rate unless they plan on using USD for the next year or so. 

• Upvote 1

The 1166 is today reality rate which is on the CBI....the CBI works independent...the folks voting on the budget are presented a Budget that has today Reality Rate...the CBI works Independent...folks voting on the budget have no clue on a different rate.....Listen to the Clown post #82.....Thanks Thug....

• Upvote 6

It's all percentages/ratios. I mean, if you have a budget of 1000 units at a current rate of 1unit = $10 for a total budget of $10,000, if you revalue so that your 1 unit equals $100, you adjust everything that utilizes your currency/money system in ratio. It's all just simple math. No gain or loss anywhere. Neutral event.

Iraq could easily do the same. Just sayin'...

I'm going to expand on this

So now 100 units of $100 still equals $10,000 yes it is more or less a neutral event in the country, (the total dollar didn't change)  BUT 2 things did just happened by this. One is that the unit count changed . TWO is that the purchasing power just changed.   

That is what we are waiting for the CBI to change. That is what we are looking for.

Edited by deniscanada
  • Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Step Away From The Ledge - They Changed The Rate A 'Massive' 4 Pips Late In 2011 :o

They Can Change The Rate At Any Time ! ;)

:D:D:D

The 1166 is today reality rate which is on the CBI....the CBI works independent...the folks voting on the budget are presented a Budget that has today Reality Rate...the CBI works Independent...folks voting on the budget have no clue on a different rate.....Listen to the Clown post #82.....Thanks Thug....

Thanks Clown and thanks Yota.

Yota, I appreciate your helping little old lame brained me understand that all the belief that the rate is in the budget came from GURUS. I didn't realize I'd absorbed that belief from gurus, but I had. Thanks for stopping me from drinking the Koolaid!

They are passing the budget based on what the GOI has TODAY and that's a rate of 1166.

I'm cool with this. Thanks again Yota. You da man.

Wash your face, Thug.

Edited by Deborah Layne
  • Upvote 2

I'm going to expand on this

So now 100 units of $100 still equals $10,000 yes it is more or less a neutral event in the country, (the total dollar didn't change)  BUT 2 things did just happened by this. One is that the unit count changed . TWO is that the purchasing power just changed.   

That is what we are waiting for the CBI to change. That is what we are looking for.

Hi Deniscanada...no disrespect, I've been trying to understand this concept for a long time.

I get the unit count change... not so much about purchasing power... if my $10 is still worth $10?

How is it this could be a "neutral event" in Iraq and Not for us too?

Honest Questions...Just trying to follow this line of reasoning. :)

• Downvote 1

Do you honestly believe that the GOI knows when the CBI is going to change the rate? That country is so corrupt. Their trying to recover money thats been stolen.. "Hey all you evil people, Look ! You better load up on more Dinar!"

IMO- the GOI only knows of the steps that need to be taken to even have a chance at empowering their money. They have no idea of when or how the CBI plans to do this. Could you imagine if they did? 

Hi Deniscanada...no disrespect, I've been trying to understand this concept for a long time.

I get the unit count change... not so much about purchasing power... if my $10 is still worth $10?

In the scenario that was used is kind of in reverse and very simplified. I will type out the way that from what I understand will happen. their are 2 possible scenario's I will explain both in more detail. back in a bit

In the scenario that was used is kind of in reverse and very simplified. I will type out the way that from what I understand will happen. their are 2 possible scenario's I will explain both in more detail. back in a bit

I'll look forward to that and appreciate the effort on your part to clear up the confusion...Thanks Deniscanada.

• Downvote 1