Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Prayers are such a Comfort

pattyangel

Hello DV Family,

Just asking for a few more prayers.  Remember about a 1 1/2 months ago I asked for prayers for my brother in law and that I would be traveling this road again with my brother.  Yesterday morning my brother lost his battle with cancer.  Sooner than we hope for.  He was diagnosed with a rare form of liver bile duct cancer just 3 months ago.  It was an aggressive cancer,we really hoped to of celebrate the birth of Christ with him one last time, instead he is heaven helping preparing for the birth of Christ.  His last loving words, and such encouragement to not only me but my family were "Everyday is a Blessing...Everyday is a Blessing"  I hugged him gently and kissed him and told him his love as a brother was like no other. 

Send me you love and prayers to help mend my heart that hurts so much.  I've accepted his passing its the hurt I need help with. 

God Bless you all and May your "Everyday be a Blessing" 

Merry Christmas to you All

• Upvote 7

My condolences for your loss. Cling to our Saviour for comfort for only he knows and understands your pain. If you have a minute listen to "Cant stop the rain" by Third Day it may bring a few minutes of comfort. Know that God will carry you through this season of grief.

Lifting you up in prayer.

• Upvote 2

Patty dear,

I pray that the spirit of our Father be upon you and your family... that you be filled with a peace that only he can provide... and  that your sorrows are softened by his comfort and that he anoints your spirit with his love.

The love of YHWH/God heals ALL! In Yahushua HaMashiach/Jesus Christ

• Upvote 3

Patty dear...when one hurts we all hurt...and losing a sibling is no easy matter to deal with but you already know that...and all the encouraging words sayin' the pain won't always be there just don't cut it! But I will say this sweetie...we are reaching out in our spirits and wrapping our arms around you and morning with you! One small consolation....you got to say goodbye....many don't get that blessing...let that grow into a fond memory...cause it sure sounds like y'all had good relationship if I'm not mistaken! Love from your DV family our dear sweet Pattyangel...peace be onto you!!!

Edited by RodandStaff
  • Upvote 1

So sorry to hear about your great loss. I'm praying that God will ease your pain as only he can. It's a tough time of year to lose family (always tough) but smile and know that he is in a better place that is pain free. Blessings to you and your family.

• Upvote 1

Dear sweet Patty,  You are one of the strongest people I've met here on DVets.  Time after time you have been faced with ever increasing challenges.  I grieve for you and your family, but have comfort that if your brother possessed even a speck of your faith, he sits beside the Father.  You are and will continue to be part of my prayers.

• Upvote 2

Patty, so sorry to hear about the loss of your brother.  You are in our prayers in your time of despair.  Since it seems to me that this year there have been multiple losses in your family so I also pray that next year you may have a peaceful year that allows you to just enjoy your family and not mourn another loved one.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Patty, sorry I'm late in my condolences to you, my heart aches for you, but I send you peace and comfort.

Right now, in the middle of all you're facing, the Lord is there to give you strength and grace.  Many prayers are with you too.

When life seems too great, it's then that the Lord whispers to our hearts...Come to me all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest.  Matthew 11:28

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

PattyAngel,

It was placed in my  heart to share this scripture and words with you.  I hope they bring some comfort to you as you grieve your losses.

Temperament5

"My Princess Triumph Through Trials"

I see you when you are in the garden of grief.  My princess, I hear your cry for help in the dark hours of the night.  I Myself cried out in the garden the night I was betrayed.  In My suffering I asked My Father for another way...a less painful way.  Yet I trusted His Will and purpose for My life and knew the ultimate victory was the at the cross, just as olives must be crushed to make oil, I poured out My life as a lover offering for you.  Don't ever doubt that I am with you and I long to take you to a place of comfort, please and victory.  Even when you cannot see Me from where you are, I am working on your behalf.  Give Me the crushing weight of your circumstances and come to Me in prayer.  When it is time to leave the garden, I will walk with you across the valley and straight to the cross-where your trials will be transformed into triumph.

Love,

Your Savior and your Victor

For When your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow, So let it grow, for when our endurance is fully developed you will be strong in character and ready for anything. James 1:3-4

• Upvote 1

PattyAngel,,

So sorry for your loss. Remember he is in a far better place, and able to watch over all his family and friends.

May the Good Lord help and guide you in your time of hurt, may He bless and keep you moving forward on life's journey. This I pray in His Holy Name. Amen.

• Upvote 1

Thank You all so much for your precious words of comfort. 

Even the strongest of us have moments when the trials of life seem to great.  It is then that the Lord whispers to our hearts "Come to Me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Matthew 11:28

I walk with the Lord who gives me strength. Yes my heart will ache, my heart will be lonely, and tears will fall.  Eventually my heart will be calm and soothed with the hope of knowing I will see him again. As well, my heart can trust in something beyond myself.  I know that God will guide me and give the strength to overcome the tears of heartache and turn them into tears of joy.  He will give me the strength to win. 

Death is just a transition to a better life...how lucky for my brother to lead the way for us. 

Again thank you all for your wonderful comforting words. 

"Everyday is a Blessing!!!"

Now where's my Kleenex :(

• Upvote 1