Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Who has biblical proof that Jesus was born on dec25

sheltagar

The debate over whether Christians should celebrate the birth of Jesus on a particular day is totally missing the point.  It doesn’t matter if “the day” is December 25th or August 25th or April or October.  Arguing for either pro or con on this issue detracts from the real meaning and purpose of the account in the Scripture.  “Pay no attention to myths . . . which give rise to mere speculation rather than God’s provision which is by faith.” If our attention is taken away from this important teaching, we become susceptible to a theological deflection away from the real meaning of the coming of the Messiah into the world. 

The reason for the revelation in the Gospels is to identify the birth as the coming into the world of THE Savior whom God had promised: Christ, Immanuel, God with us; the Son of the Most High; the Word made flesh; the only begotten God!

What makes the difference is the reverence we give to the One who has entered into our world by becoming flesh.    

The Word was born of a virgin.

Let’s begin with a definition: “The birth of Jesus Christ was a birth in normal human flesh from a normal human mother, whose conception was not the result of sexual inter­course with any man, but by the supernatural activity of the Holy spirit.”

The virgin birth was a fulfillment of the prophecy of Isaiah: “Therefore the Lord Himself will give you a sign: Behold, a virgin will be with child and bear a son, and she will call His name Immanuel” (Isaiah 7:14). 

What is most significant about this prophecy is that of all the Old Testament texts considered by the Jews to be Messianic prophecies, were not included. This means that the Jews did not expect a virgin birth.  

The virgin birth is the clear claim of both Matthew and Luke.  (Matthew 1:18,20; Luke 1:31,34‑35)

The Word is God incarnate. If Matthew emphasized the truth that Jesus was the Messiah, the rightful heir to the throne of David, and Luke stressed the humanity of our Lord, John confronts us with His undiminished Deity (John 1:1‑3,14,15, 18).  The text of John 1:18 reads,

θεν   οδες     ἑώρακεν    πποτε   μονογενς      θες    ὁ    ν      ες   τν   κλπον

God   no man    has seen    never     only begotten  God   the   one   in   the   bosom  

το         πατρς    κενος    ξηγσατο. 

of the     Father    that one    declared .    

Lord as God incarnate, we refer to Jesus as undiminished deity and perfect humanity united permanently in one person. He is the One that came in the form of a baby!  He is the One who has (exegesato) declared God to us. 

The Implications of God becoming Man:

It states that God is ability to save.  “For nothing will be impossible with God” (Luke 1:37). God was able to give elderly Zechariah and Elizabeth a child, impregnate Mary without the participation of a man, to move the Empire to take a census in Palestine so that prophecy could be fulfilled, to save an infant from the treachery of a king, then God is capable of rising from the dead, and He is able to save a rebel like you and me.

The birth of God in the flesh is the measure of God’s willingness to save. If there is anything clear in the Gospel accounts of our Lord’s birth, it is that God has taken the initiative in seeking men for Himself.

The incarnation is God’s standard for measuring our love for one another. In Philippians chapter two, Christians are exhorted to have the mind of Christ. The mind of Christ was a love of others that compelled Him to lay aside the glories of heaven for the humiliation of birth in a stable and death on a cross (Phil 2:5-11). This is the standard that God has appointed as the measure of our love for one another (2 Corinthians 8:9; Romans 15:3)

The coming of the Christ in the flesh is the means God has ordained to save men.  It is hypothetically possible that God could have chosen any number of ways to redeem fallen man to Himself. But the message of the Gospels is that God has chosen to save men through the humiliation and sacrifice of His Son.

The Gospels inform us that God has made one way of salvation available through faith in the sub­stitutionary death of His Son. The other religions of the world make sacrifices to their god (s).  Only Christianity has a God Who would make sacrifice for His people.  Only in the incarnation and sacrifice of God is this observed. 

“Jesus said to him, ‘I am the way, and the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father, but through me’” (John 14:6).

Stop debating about the date.

Start declaring the Deity of Jesus and the salvation He brings to mankind!!!

• Upvote 1

Wow , all i asked for was 2-3 verses to support this "christian" celebration.

I thought it was a sin for christians to lie.

So what is your reason for the season?

When i say christian ,i dont mean catholic.

Im talking baptised in Jesus name for remission of sins and filled with the Holy Ghost and speaking in tongues.only one way to be saved

Acts2:37,38

Sheltagar: Help me to understand. This is important for all Christians, including Catholics, to understand. We all agree that December 25th is the day we "celebrate" the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ. Above in my initial response to your great question which involves Church History, and from others, you received your answer to your original question. There are no quotable verses from The Holy Bible that peg Christs birth as being December 25th. Looking to the bible, while realizing the need to "translate" from the calendar that was in wide use at the time to the one we now use now places Christ's birth approximately from April - September of 6 BC. That's the biblical evidence.

The cultural history of Christ's time ( this is our Church History) tells us that the births of lower class people were seldom recorded anywhere. Sort of, if your weren't a Noble you weren't worth the effort. The Bible tells us that Jesus lived in Galilee (I know I spelt that one wrong ), a community of the poorest of the poor, living in a collection of huts. While His parents traveled to His place of birth for the purposes of the census, he essentially was from this poor town. That's the historical evidence.

If you require a biblical quote to believe, you will remain eternally unsatisfied. The bible will tell you/us if you/we look but we must look deeply into His word which is the Bible, and into the Church's History, different calendars in use then verses now, seasonal references in the scriptures found in the Gospels of Luke, all only to get an approximation of the time frame of His birth.

What I don't understand about you is why you don't see that God wants us to recognize the birth of Jesus, His son, our brother as co-heirs with Christ, in fulfillment of century old prophesies from the Old Testament, and how His actions during His earthly ministry show the Father through Him. Our faith does not need to focus on a date, it should focus on the man Jesus was. That He was the Messiah, and that He died on the cross to pay the price for our sins so that we won't have to. That's mercy and grace. That's all.

Is the date so important to you that you will believe or not believe in the deity of God the Father, three in one? How then will you believe when you comtemplate that fact that Jesus, by all accounts, will look like a Middle Easterner and not the fair skinned Northern European of many paintings. What then? Believe now in Jesus Christ, in the word of God which is the Old and New Testament The Holy Bible. Do not get caught in the weeds over non-pivotable non-essential points. Together you and I and others can find out the true answers to these questions and more when we enter Heaven. We can asked God the Father, Mother Mary, Father Joseph, or Jesus Christ himself.

There will always be nice to know the answer questions, that should never cause our faith to not get stronger and more satisfying . Ex: Preterist, pre- , mid - or post -, tribulation. One thing is for sure we will eventually find out.

Take care , God Bless, and a Merry Christmas to all . Amen.

• Upvote 1

Im talking baptised in Jesus name for remission of sins and filled with the Holy Ghost and speaking in tongues.only one way to be saved

Sheltagar,

I know that is ALL you asked for and I don't personally refer to myself as a "Christian" which is a whole other can of worms LOL. I have been born anew in Christ my Saviour and am a simple follower of He the only begotten Son of the ONLY true Elohim/God. Notice I said a "follower" of Christ because we are not to worship Christ directly but,YHWH/God THROUGH him and YHWH/God makes that clear as well, again, another can of worms...

However, you and i both know that verses pertaining to Christmas, celebrating Christ's birth, a date, santa claus, mistletoe or otherwise does not exist in Scripture which makes it not of our Father but, people continue to make excuses as to why they do these things because they simply don't want to accept the truth even when it is tight in front of them.

If it were a true "Christian" celebration of the birth of Christ then it wouldn't involve all of the other things it does. Those things would be REMOVED from it alltogether and  my guess is that IF that were to ever happen there would probably not be many at all left who would be celebrating it. Also, why are the majority that engage in this holiday non believers?

I completely understand where people are coming from. I did it most of my life because that is what I was taught to do but, when I asked YHWH/God to open my eyes to the truths of these kind of things he did so, I have no excuse now and I wont turn back to it because it displeases my Father.

If people would study and ask for understanding of YHWH's word and really seek him and his will instead of just reading it or memorizing or taking what false teachers are saying as truths the scales would be peeled away.

Love and Blessings in Yahushua HaMashiach/Jesus Christ!

• Upvote 1

Thanks Djorgie for that comment. Christ certainly never arrived

to start yet another religion, so there are no labels we should

have attached to us, period. Over 35,000 protestant 'social clubs'

and still counting, what a divided mess, but it sure makes a lot of money!

Thankfully, more folks are walking away from the clubs and beginning to

understand how foolish the game is and refuse to join it. There are also

many who understand christmas was created by merchants and wrapped

up in pretty colorful paper and sold to the public in order to make them

feel obligated to participate and of course...spend more money.

Some how it is always about the money, with no substance.

Edited by Jim1cor13

Let's see.... it has been some 54 years ago since I left the denominational maze.  I have been just a "child of God" or "Christian" since that time.  Free from the "organizational" monster has provided abundant opportunity to grow "in Christ" the way God wants us to grown.  I still have a looonnnngggg way to go, but the journey is beautiful.  

I am trying to get people to look outside their religious tiny boxes.

Its ok to question your pastors on what they teach. But our beliefs as christians must be firmly grounded in the word of God.

I believe as the one guy said to be like the bereans ,check out all your doctrines which means teachings.

Is Christ Mass a Christian celebration?

If it isnt plz dont tell ppl it is .i know it isnt a salvation issue, but lying is still a sin.

Salvation go to the book of Acts and see how a sinner was saved.

Godhead , youtube Larry T Smith explains it in a 2 part series .

Endtimes many teachings on this,check out partial preterism or kingdom eschatolgy.

There is many lies and false teachings in the church.

I am trying to get people to look outside their religious tiny boxes.

Its ok to question your pastors on what they teach. But our beliefs as christians must be firmly grounded in the word of God.

I believe as the one guy said to be like the bereans ,check out all your doctrines which means teachings.

Is Christ Mass a Christian celebration?

If it isnt plz dont tell ppl it is .i know it isnt a salvation issue, but lying is still a sin.

Salvation go to the book of Acts and see how a sinner was saved.

Godhead , youtube Larry T Smith explains it in a 2 part series .

Endtimes many teachings on this,check out partial preterism or kingdom eschatolgy.

There is many lies and false teachings in the church.

1 John 4 New King James Version (NKJV)

4:1 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world. 2 By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is of God, 3 and every spirit that does not confess that[a] Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world. 4 You are of God, little children, and have overcome them, because He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world. 5 They are of the world. Therefore they speak as of the world, and the world hears them. 6 We are of God. He who knows God hears us; he who is not of God does not hear us. By this we know the spirit of truth and the spirit of error.

Amen Jesus did come in the flesh, but i dont think it was on dec 25.

I just want biblical prooof for such an "important"" christian holy day

Matthew 2:9-11(NLT)

After this interview the wise men went their way. And the star they had seen in the east guided them to Bethlehem. It went ahead of them and stopped over the place where the child was. 10 When they saw the star, they were filled with joy! 11 They entered the house and saw the child with his mother, Mary, and they bowed down and worshiped him. Then they opened their treasure chests and gave him gifts of gold, frankincense, and myrrh.

There is nothing in the bible that states how old Jesus was when the Wise Men showed up at his "HOUSE".  House, indicates he was no longer in the manger.  Perhaps that is why King Herod had all of the children 2 yrs old and younger killed.  Jesus could have been 2 years old.  Perhaps the arrival of the wisemen was calculated to be in December?  The giving of gifts to imitate that of the Wisemen's gifts to Jesus.

Just a thought. :shrug:

-

I think all the exchanging of gifts among ourselves should be done on thanksgiving

And this day should be a holy day

God teachs to give freely every day not just one day a year

I don't like tying Christmas to shopping and black Friday and sales at Walmart

But again we have free will

So if someone wants to do this which I believe they have been brain washed , then they can do it , but what's witb the name calling if you don't ?

Is that gods teachings ? To call someone a Scrooge ?

Who's idea was that ? Calling people a Scrooge who do t partake in the pretentiousness of Santa claus

I realize it draws attention to God from the children

But to call people names if they don't pretend , that can't be godly

sheltagar, good to know you are using your bible as the best source for spiritual answers, so before excepting a teaching as true, wouldn’t you agree the scriptures should be examined carefully making sure it harmonizes with the bibles teachings as a whole, before excepting it as truth.

Acts 17:11― Now these were more noble-minded than those in Thes·sa·lo·ni′ca, for they accepted the word with the greatest eagerness of mind, carefully examining the Scriptures daily to see whether these things were so.

I’m not able to find any text saying such, I know this to be a common teaching, if you provide some scriptures you are using to support this belief it would help.

God’s first creation began with the creation of his son so they are not one and the same, one is the creator God the Father, one is the creation, either in heaven or when he was here on earth his position has always been that of Gods only begotten son, firstborn of all creation.   

He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation; because by means of him all other things were created in the heavens and on the earth, the things visible and the things invisible, whether they are thrones or lordships or governments or authorities. All other things have been created through him and for him. (1Col 1:15,16)

At Genius 1:26 who is it God would be talking with? The first born of all creation the only begotten creation his son, all other things have been created through him and for him.

Jesus himself referred to his Father as “the only true God.” (John 17:3) The most high God himself said: “Besides me there is no God.” (Isa. 44:6) The apostle Paul wrote that, to true Christians, “there is . . . one God the Father.” (1 Cor. 8:5, 6) So God the Father is unique; no one else shares his position. The true God stands in utter contrast to all such objects of worship as idols, deified humans, and Satan. All these are false gods

Among whom the god of this system of things has blinded the minds of the unbelievers, so that the illumination of the glorious good news about the Christ, who is the image of God, might not shine through. (2Cor 4:4)

Jesus is spoken of in the Scriptures as “a god,” even as “Mighty God.” (John 1:1; Isa. 9:6) But nowhere is he spoken of as being Almighty God as in. (Gen. 17:1) Jesus is said to be “the reflection of [God’s] glory,” but the Father is the Source of that glory. (Heb. 1:3) Jesus in no way seeks the position of his Father. He said: “It is God you must worship, and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.” (Luke 4:8) He exists “in God’s form,” and the Father has commanded that “in the name of Jesus every knee should bend,” but this is all done “to the glory of God the Father.”—Phil. 2:5-11

Hope this helps.

Fly, are you serious with you enquiry?  

Are you making Jesus a "lesser God"?  

Do you accept the fact that Jesus is Jehovah in the sense that He is LORD?  

Are you saying that Jesus was never God, that He just seemed to be God?  

I don't think anyone is saying that Jesus is the Father (certainly some have), but that Jesus IS God.  Jesus is God just as the Holy Spirit is God and the Father is God.  The Three are not part of God or separate Gods, but all are One God.  

Concerning Jesus, He was never "created" but He was the Creator.  The LORD, the JHWH of the Old Testament is the Jesus of the New Testament.  The Scripture teaches Christ IS God!  He is NEVER referred to as "a god," that is false claim base in a very poor translation of the Bible.