Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

How to choose an off shore haven

wizard1

I'm sure Adam has this covered but I thought it is food for thought.

1. Will the jurisdiction honor foreign judgments against assets transferred to a bank account or legal entity?

There may be exceptions if the assets are derived from fraud or other criminal activity, but otherwise, the assets should be protected unless legal action is successfully pursued in the local courts.

2. How strong are the asset protection and privacy laws?

Considerations here include how high a burden of proof creditors must overcome in the local courts to obtain a judgment against a trust or other entity formed in the jurisdiction and whether financial secrecy legislation is in effect. U.S. courts often hold negative views of international jurisdictions with strong asset protection and privacy laws. On the other hand, assets in a jurisdiction with weak or non-existent asset protection or secrecy laws may be vulnerable to attachment.

3. What legal "back doors" are in effect permitting governments to seize assets or compel disclosure without resorting to normal legal channels?

Tax information exchange agreements (TIEAs), mutual legal assistance treaties (MLATs), and tax treaties should all be examined in this regard. If the jurisdiction is an overseas territory or has other legal connections to a larger country, it may also be subject to the dictates of that country's government or its courts.

4. How politically and economically stable is the jurisdiction?

Nigeria and Zimbabwe inherited English law, but you probably wouldn't want to form a trust in either country, even if they enacted favorable trust laws.

5. How well developed is the legal and financial infrastructure?

Many international jurisdictions are remote islands with few banks, trustees, or lawyers from which to choose. A limited custodial infrastructure may require that trust assets be placed in custody elsewhere. It may also make it difficult to find qualified professionals to administer your wealth, or to defend it in case of litigation.

If the assets must be maintained and managed outside the jurisdiction in which you form a structure, you may wish to keep them in a jurisdiction with robust asset protection laws; e.g., Switzerland or Liechtenstein.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

I held a CC interview with a really good Trust and Offshore professionally a couple of years ago. I recorded it for a few people who warned to know more about it all. I chose a Nevis LLC and bank account. I've thought of Nevis/St. Kitts as a second-passport country also.

After 2 years, I don't even want to know what the Kenyan might be doing to destroy the safe shelter of foreign entities.

• Upvote 2

I held a CC interview with a really good Trust and Offshore professionally a couple of years ago. I recorded it for a few people who warned to know more about it all. I chose a Nevis LLC and bank account. I've thought of Nevis/St. Kitts as a second-passport country also.

After 2 years, I don't even want to know what the Kenyan might be doing to destroy the safe shelter of foreign entities.

Love it    " The Kenyan " -------- enough said.   :bravo:

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I WOULD ADVISE ALL WHO IS THINKING ABOUT TRYING TO EVADE TAX WITH OFF SHORE TAX HAVENS BECAUSE THE US TREASURY IS VERY MONEY HUNGRY AND THEY ARE GOING AFTER ALL THEY CAN.

Good advise - I took care of that red ruby. Geewiz Some people. :moon-from-car:

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone know if the Seychelles will be less of a safe haven, this year?

The Government has strengthened cooperation with the country's international partners, and, apart from signing the agreed Foreign Account Tax Compliant Act intergovernmental agreement with the United States, Seychelles also expects to sign the OECD's Multilateral Convention on Mutual Administrative Assistance in Tax Matters early next year, following parliamentary approval of an amendment to the Seychelles Revenue Commission Act. - See more at: http://www.tax-news.com/news/Seychelles_Budget_Increases_Taxes_To_Attain_Debt_Target____66732.html#sthash.3mnU62dp.dpuf

http://www.tax-news.com/news/Seychelles_Budget_Increases_Taxes_To_Attain_Debt_Target____66732.html