Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Black Lives Matter: Ferguson Erupts After Grand Jury Clears Officer in Michael Brown Killing

umbertino

I guess the first paragraph of this story really pretty much sums it up. 

A grand jury in St. Louis, Missouri has chosen not to indict Ferguson Police Officer Darren Wilson for the fatal shooting of Michael Brown, an unarmed African-American teenager. The decision follows three months of deliberation by the jury of nine whites and three blacks, including four hours of testimony from Wilson himself. 

3 months of pouring over the evidence these jurors made their decision.

I remember I didnt like the OJ verdict either

But I dont remember burning any stores down over it. . 

• Upvote 6

The ones that are out there destroying their own community don't give a damn about Michael Brown or his family. All they needed was an excuse and a push from Al Sharpton  to act like animals and steal  and destroy whatever they could. The black community should be outraged and ashamed of what's going on in Ferguson. 

• Upvote 6

Funny how some are calling for a "change in the system" after the grand jury's decision - they didn't want justice... they wanted justice for Brown.  I haven't heard anyone call for people (black or white) to not punch a police officer in the face while he's sitting in his patrol car, try to take his firearm, and then charge the officer when he exits the patrol car...

• Upvote 1

The thing about the Ferguson case that I fear is brainwashing people everywhere is this: The issue being portrayed is police brutality towards blacks. When in fact police brutality has no color. As a matter of fact brutality towards white people are suppressed by mainstream media. Mainstream media has created this black pattern of brutality. Shortly after this shooting occurred, a white mail guilty of no crime whatsoever was gunned down by a black police officer in Idiho or Ohio as I recall. But I never heard a word about this on mainstream media. I can't help but suspect that the PTB are TRYING to create racial tension and turn ourselves on one another to hide what is really going on. Police brutality on the order of Rodney King now happens almost daily to people of all color. You see on the mainstream news what they want you to see. Ok I am done with my rant. :twocents:

Of course black lives matter, I just wish more members of the black community acted like they matter.  In October there were 2 children ages 10 and 6 who were killed in separate drive by shootings in the Kansas City area, one on each side of the KS/MO state line.  One while in her home, the other while walking out of a 7/11 holding her father’s hand.  I do not recall Obummer , Sharpton, Holder, et al saying a single word about these tragedies let alone demanding justice for the families.   

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/two-men-charged-in-fatal-shooting-of-kansas-city-6-year-old-angel-hooper/

http://www.kansas.com/news/state/article3400457.html

Seems to me that instead of “snitches sleep in ditches” the black community might want to try “if you see something say something” as a first step in ending the senseless violence.

• Upvote 2

Turning Ferguson outrage into united action for justice

November 25 2014

Outrage. That's the sentiment in Ferguson and around the country in reaction to the failure of the Ferguson grand jury to indict Darren Wilson for the murder of Michael Brown.

The decision was not unexpected. From the outset, local and state authorities carried out a campaign to criminalize Brown: video footage was released of him allegedly shoplifting at a local grocery; even grand jury testimony of forensic evidence purporting to favor the policeman's version of the deadly encounter was leaked to the press.

Still many held out a glimmer of hope that a process leading to justice would prevail. Instead the worst fears of decent minded Americans were realized. Once again a deadly pattern of racist police murder of black and brown youth was upheld, a pattern that almost guarantees immunity for the perpetrators in blue.

Indeed, the grand jury process from the beginning had the appearance - if not reality - of being rigged. From the outset, St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney Bob McCulloch's close ties to local police were cause for concern, concerns that were justified when the prosecutor failed to provide the grand jury with possible charges against Wilson. Calls for a special prosecutor went unheeded, additionally undermining public confidence.

It's no surprise then that faith in justice system, particularly among young people has been lost.

Sadly, some of the outrage in Ferguson took violent forms last night complete with the familiar pattern of police provocation and the reaction of some protestors. But the call of Michael Brown's parents along with the civil rights, labor and community organizations to honor his life with peaceful protests is sure to prevail.

Civil rights groups are calling for a completion of the Justice Department's investigation. Sign HERE to add your voice. The NAACP is calling for a 120-mile 7-day "Journey for Justice" march from Ferguson to the governor's mansion in Jefferson City.

The call for Governor Nixon to appoint a special prosecutor is ongoing.

The tragic events in Ferguson, beginning with killing of Michael Brown at point blank range, the military response of local police, culminating in the failure of the grand jury to return an indictment has indicated that a new movement against police crimes is being born.

The country may be reaching a turning point. The spate of police murder of young black and brown men is at new level. Nearly 400 are killed yearly by police, exceeding the numbers lynched during the height of Jim Crow.

Whether a turning point will be reached will depend on the degree of public pressure to insure justice is done.

We urge our readers to continue fighting for justice for Michael Brown by participating in the militant and peaceful protests occurring all over the country. Let's keep the pressure on!

JFMSmother520x300.jpg

Photo: Lesley McSpadden, second from right, Michael Brown's mother, is comforted outside the Ferguson police department as St. Louis County Prosecutor Robert McCulloch conveys the grand jury's decision not to indict Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson in the shooting death of her son, Nov. 24, in Ferguson, Mo. (AP Photo/St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Robert Cohen)

http://www.peoplesworld.org/turning-ferguson-outrage-into-united-action-for-justice/

• Downvote 3

"From the outset, local and state authorities carried out a campaign to criminalize Brown: video footage was released of him allegedly shoplifting at a local grocery."

The video actually (not "allegedly") shows Brown taking the cigarillos without paying, and then shoving a much smaller man who was attempting to stop him from leaving the store.

"Still many held out a glimmer of hope that a process leading to justice would prevail. Instead the worst fears of decent minded Americans were realized. Once again a deadly pattern of racist police murder of black and brown youth was upheld, a pattern that almost guarantees immunity for the perpetrators in blue."

This opinion writer (and apparently you, Umbertino) thinks justice only exists in this case if the police officer was indicted.  Justice exists when the evidence is examined and a decision based upon that evidence (not popular opinion) is achieved.  In this case, justice was served.  How did Brown's DNA (blood from the thumb wound) get into the patrol car?  How did blood find itself over 50 beyond Brown's body (away from the patrol car) if he did not turn and come back towards the police officer?

The "pattern of racist police murder of black and brown youth" garbage completely ignores the fact that Brown confronted and assaulted the police officer.  If Brown does not punch the officer in the face while seated in his car, and then attempt to forcefully take the officer's firearm, we never hear of this case or either the officer or Brown's name.  Even if after doing the previous, Brown had obeyed the command of the officer and surrendered himself, we would have never heard of this case.  Brown is solely responsible for repeatedly placing himself in that position.

"The tragic events in Ferguson, beginning with killing of Michael Brown at point blank range…"

None of the three autopsies, including the private autopsy paid for the Brown's parents, support this ridiculous and incendiary statement.  The only wound on his body from "point blank range" was the wound to his thumb he suffered when he reached inside the patrol car and tried to take the officer's firearm. 

"The spate of police murder of young black and brown men is at new level. Nearly 400 are killed yearly by police, exceeding the numbers lynched during the height of Jim Crow."

This absurd statement assumes that all of these 400 were killed solely because of the color of their skin (because that's what was happening under Jim Crow).  This is not only incorrect, but incredibly irresponsible.  Besides, there have been over 400 murders in Chicago every year for the last 40+ years, the vast preponderance of which are "black on black" murders.  That's more in one city every year than under Jim Crow…  Is that racist?

The writing of this garbage is bad enough, but purposefully sharing this tripe from the safety of the other side of the pond… there are no words.  Shame on you.

• Upvote 3