Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

2015 Budget - Going to be difficult

rockfl9

I loved what dontlop stood for fighting the trolls and exposing the lies of the lopsters. However it was clear these few months that dontlop has become the very thing he vowed to stop, I started to keep away because of what dontlop was becoming.I will have a drink for you dontlop, for a while you were my hero, I wish you well no matter what you doing! What you achieved with some of the more sinister lopsters needs to go in the IQD history books. Loved it when keepem finally got prisoner up in the tank!

• Upvote 1

I feel the same way DB. I have learned a lot from him, I just don't know what made him turn unless it was that he was always a lopster and enjoyed a great debate against what he knew so well. Dontlop was straight up and straight forward, he reminded me of great friend of mine that was an attorney, who possessed very similar skills. There is one thing for certain, I don't know if he will come back under another name, but if he does he will not be able to hide his flair, I would recognized him anywhere.

He was breaking down for a while .. Too many facts.

Then discovered there was a three times better chance for pigs to fart rainbows than a dinar RV!

He cracked.

Now in Addiction Center of America and they have taken away his cell and computer. Expect a complete cure in 2 weeks but he wont be back . They are good at what they do. 

Farewell DL.  sniff!

• Downvote 1

Well it sure doesn't sound like you're going to miss him rock. You are one tough Ole lopster. One thing I noticed was a lack of respect from the outside looking in. I believe that a man should always respect his opponents. Anyways I don't see how you can say 100% that an RV is impossible. The way things are moving we might have an RV this year. I have never seen things moving at such a fast pace since Abadi was elected. I have some things to do but before I leave I wanted to ask you why you think that the HCL won't bring a complete change in monetary reform. Thanks

I love it when those that consider themselves more intelligent than the rest have a hard time figuring out why they get banned-LOL. Evidently not as smart as they thought.

Ditto ! This ain't rocket science.
  • Upvote 1

I am glad he will now get professional help. It was painful to watch him go thru RV withdrawal by himself.

Rocket science is child's play compared to the possibility of an RV that makes a profit . No one can explain it . It must be some kind of magic!  Pray,. Push a button. THEY have a plan? 

• Downvote 1

Did it annoy anyone else, his pattern of posting?  You would go into a topic and he was the last one to post;  You read what he posted, and exit out, only to find that the topic is still marked as unread, and you go back in, he's edited his post adding "one" line.  You read that, exit the topic, the topic is still  marked as unread, you go back in, and he's added another line, etc, etc.. :lol:

-

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Oh.. I forgot to mention Iraq has a liquidity crisis.. Er Ah it's BROKE. Borrowing to make the budget. Next year borrow more to pay for what they borrowed. 

Classic case of a country preparing to increase the VALUE of the local currency.

. Rock when the HCL is finished they can pump enough oil to pay for an RV and pay off all debts in probably just 7 years time.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Tex :: Iraq needs to find a way to not expect oil to solve its problems. Too volatile  and doesnt solve the unemployment problem. idle hands and minds make trouble.

The first thing is to reduce dependency on imports like agriculture, clothing and household goods.

Then find a niche  for exports. They need to train for it. 

• Downvote 1

Markinsa,

LOL!!! How about those ten page triple space one sentence posts!!!!  But really what's annoying to me is not how someone can argue so feverishly one way then presto reverse fields, but the slap in the face  and attacks on intelligence to those that he (and other LOPsters) NOW disagree with.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Markinsa,

LOL!!! How about those ten page triple space one sentence posts!!!!  But really what's annoying to me is not how someone can argue so feverishly one way then presto reverse fields, but the slap in the face  and attacks on intelligence to those that he (and other LOPsters) NOW disagree with.

My pet name for him was Cybil.:lol:

+

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Tex :: Iraq needs to find a way to not expect oil to solve its problems. Too volatile  and doesnt solve the unemployment problem. idle hands and minds make trouble.

The first thing is to reduce dependency on imports like agriculture, clothing and household goods.

Then find a niche  for exports. They need to train for it. 

Thanks for the return Rock ! And you are a 100% right that the Iraq's need training in all of the different fields that will arise. You also a 100% right that idle hands and minds make for the ISIS workshop. However to me oil is money and money is always a quick fix, yes it doesn't solve all of your problems but it solves all of your money problems. Iraq needs to pump oil everyday and everynight 24/7 for the next 10 years. Most of the rest of the problems will go away with all of the foreign investment dollars that can be used to rebuild their infrastructures. Iraq should require that these incoming companies train and hire Iraqis to do those jobs. The labor should be cheap enough most of these folks have never had a real job because they were just too busy trying to survive. Iraq is an American dream, we set them free for the first time in their lives. Iraq can have their own sovereignty, their own freedom, whatever they wish. It shouldn't be hard for an oppressed people to have that dream, because it means hope and that's sometimes all a man needs to succeed...... Iraq needs help and that is why we are back there. Iraq must accept and buy into this dream to accomplish this dream. Iraq has all of the resources they need and now is the time to use them. Which brings me back to the HCL,this is huge Rock. I believe this to be the most major event in their lives to bring unity and solidarity to Iraq. Oil will pay their debts for starts.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

You're welcome Tex. I hope you don't get in trouble visiting the tank where we discuss facts, logic and reality. Not pleasant thoughts for RVers.

Iraq should pump only the amount of oil it can sell profitably. I mean it should should not build infrastructure e.g. wells pipes and ports , just to break even .

I read a lot from other sources and until now the citizens have done pretty  well , not suffering as you think. But that is due to a lot of subsidies. Abadi and crew are trying to prepare the people for the new economy. but taking away the freebies will cause pain, maybe for the first time.

Back to the HCL. Have you read the existing draft law? It is complex,. more than just sharing the income. It puts the power in Bagdad and the Kurds will not agree to that. They oppose the central being in position to tell them what to drill, when and where and mandated inspections. Not going to happen. Maybe the rewrite will take care of that .. 

I dont know whats behind publication of the budget. I suspect there may be something like lay off and salary cuts in it that the MPs didnt realize  were in it when they approved. While they approved the words the numbers are still being tweaked!

• Downvote 1

Thanks again Rock ! I have read some of the draft law and that was part of the problem, that it just take more time than I can devote to it's understanding . I cant imagine the average Iraqi citizen without much of an education understanding any of those laws. I am an optimist Rock I choose not to let negativity rule my life so while you are perhaps looking at all of the reasons why it's not going to happen, I am at a complete 180 from your point of view, just looking at all the reasons that they can succeed. I've waited a lot of years just to be at this junction. I'm all in and well invested in this pure speculation, I'm not really out anything because I had the money and that's was my gamble to choose. The HCL is on the table, our troops are on the ground, Iraq has no choice but to come together, if they fail this round they will be left for the wolfs to eat. The United States can only prop them up for so long and now they have been given a chance to succeed or fall. If I was Iraq I would throw everything that I had just for a chance to survive. Unity is the key and the key is the HCL , I'll make my own conclusions after that, this is a major turning point, let's see where it goes. Thanks

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Tex.. You sound "grounded " and that's good. You know it is a gamble and you say you can afford to loose it all. I suspect you are in the minority. 

As long as I have you ear I would like to know why you think the GOI would give away millions of dollars of potential profit??? That is what it would be. You say you are looking for reasons to succeed. ??

Doesnt make sense !   

They need the money now more than ever. If the price of oil doesnt go back above $100 soon ( not likely) There will be serious cut backs in all parts of their economy. 

• Downvote 1

Tex.. You sound "grounded " and that's good. You know it is a gamble and you say you can afford to loose it all. I suspect you are in the minority. 

As long as I have you ear I would like to know why you think the GOI would give away millions of dollars of potential profit??? That is what it would be. You say you are looking for reasons to succeed. ??

Doesnt make sense !   

They need the money now more than ever. If the price of oil doesnt go back above $100 soon ( not likely) There will be serious cut backs in all parts of their economy. 

Because they'll be making trillions.  You don't jump over $10-$100 to get to a $1. 

-

• Upvote 2