Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Giant 6 pound gold nugget found in California sells for $400k

SocalDinar

My dad searched for the Mother Lode most of his adult life. He panned and had a river sluice box in the California foothills west of San Joaquin county...found flakes and a few nuggets, nothing big. It was hard work for so little in return....BUT hey, we, more than lots of folks know about keepin' that dream.

Edited by kadianne
  • Upvote 2

My dad searched for the Mother Lode most of his adult life. He panned and had a river sluice box in the California foothills west of San Joaquin county...found flakes and a few nuggets, nothing big. It was hard work for so little in return....BUT hey, we, more than lots of folks know about keepin' that dream.

Well he had a dream and pursued it. Good for him but might have been tough on the family.  Yep, Digging is hard work.  The new equipment makes it easier to process for the small time miner but you still gotta dig.  No more dredging here in CA.  But a reversal on that is looking good in court.

Those mother lodes are out there. Ancient river beds are still to be found. The Gold I dig for is pre cambrian ( over a million years ago  )  gold placer deposits

When I was studying up on Cali gold I read that scientist believe only 15% of Ca gold has been extracted.

Hey PD41, 

Been diving LOL? Those years catch up to you.  Drulis is taking us out bugging next week if you are in. Room left on the boat

What does your brother use since the dredge ban?

Finding one of these would almost be as good as a RV.  I have the detectors to find nuggets like this. Just wish I had a button to push for the RV.        :)

I a own mid range Minelab Xterra 705 and would surely find this piece of gold at 1 ft down. But it would miss anything under an ounce at 12"

You get out and use it much ?

Just for all you trivia buffs, the expression "There's gold in them thar hills!" was first used for the gold rush in Georgia.  

Did not know that. I guess I always assumed CA..Thanks

• Upvote 1

Just for all you trivia buffs, the expression "There's gold in them thar hills!" was first used for the gold rush in Georgia.

I've always heard since being in NC that the gold coins forged in the first 50 yrs of this country came from NC and GA...makes sense. And because of the type of mining and the high water table many of the mines were abandoned when the flooded...even if they were finding gold. Remember...they had no way of pumping out the water at that time. So I would guess Nelg...thar is still gold in them thar hills!!! ;o)