Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Global Warming - Up-date

bigwave

It's definitely cold.....However, I am one of the very few who LOVES the cold :)  It was 9 degrees yesterday morning and as I took my dog for a walk I enjoyed every minute of it. Unlike in the summer when I am grumbling the entire 2 miles about how dang hot I am....and not in a good way :)

Try driving in Texas when there is ice & snow on the roads! These fools can not drive even when it rains!

I have fun counting the number of stupid people who slide off the road into the ditches, median, or hit something!

Top it off - the state of Texas does not buy salt fo the roads! They put down dirt & call it a day! LOL

You are correct in saying that some of these Texas drivers have no clue on how to drive on icy roads, we do get a lot of ice when our temp drops.  But on the Houston end of town we definitely have salt on our roads, not like it helps much.  When it snows its a site to see, even when it turns into slush.  The cold doesn't bother me, as long as I'm bundle I'm fine.  :twothumbs:

Edited by pattyangel
  • Upvote 1

Try driving in Texas when there is ice & snow on the roads! These fools can not drive even when it rains!

I have fun counting the number of stupid people who slide off the road into the ditches, median, or hit something!

Top it off - the state of Texas does not buy salt fo the roads! They put down dirt & call it a day! LOL

Nope...don't want to drive with fools :)  However, I do live close to Chicago...we have our own group of fools!! I am from ND in a little town. No salt on the roads there just sand for the intersections!  I still call the salt trucks....sand trucks every now and then and people look at me like I am crazy!

This week I had to resort to long sleeves. It was in the low 50's working at the docks in Long Beach/Los Angeles. Not sweatshirt weather yet. Chance of 1/4" rain on friday and might have to bust out the windbreaker.

:tiphat:

The water off San Diego is still warm. 68 degrees at Cortez and Tanner Banks. Bluefin and Yellowfin Tuna still being caught, Yellowtail also.

Best year for fishing off So Cal in 15 years.

PD41

Edited by PD41
  • Upvote 1

Nope...don't want to drive with fools :)  However, I do live close to Chicago...we have our own group of fools!! I am from ND in a little town. No salt on the roads there just sand for the intersections!  I still call the salt trucks....sand trucks every now and then and people look at me like I am crazy!

Same here in MT - No salt used and sand at the intersections. They do use a liquid de-icer as long as it's above zero that works pretty well and as I understand it doesn't promote rust as badly as salt does. 

This might sound crazy, but we also have barrels of sand at each of the major intersections with a scoop in it.  If someone gets stuck at an intersection, they can use that to get some traction and get moving again.  I see it beign used all the time in the winter.  There's a reason you see so many AWD, 4WD and 4X4 trucks, SUVs and cars in MT.  Had a friend of mine visiting last summer from GA who asked me if it was required to own a pickup or a Jeep to live in my town. :lol: