Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Planes loaded with weapons land at airports under Islamic State control in Iraq

k98nights

Planes loaded with weapons land at airports under Islamic State control in Iraq

By Nidhal al-Laithi

Azzaman, November 17, 2014

The Islamic State has been using the airports under its control for the transport of weapons to its militants in both Iraq and Syria, according to Hakim al-Zamili, the head of the Defense Commission at the Iraqi parliament.

Zamili said one such plane landed in Baghdad carrying 40 tons of weapons and destined to Islamic State militants.

"The plane was seized along with the weapons," he said, adding that the government was aware of numerous landings by cargo planes at airports in the northern city of Mosul and other locations.

Zamili said the plane whose cargo was seized at Baghdad International Airport was the no "the first to be loaded with weapons to Daesh" the local name for the Islamic State.

He said the fighting against the Islamic State in both Iraq and Syria has sparked a booming black market in weapons smuggling.

The contraband trade is so lucrative and widespread that cargo planes are being deployed to transport weapons, he added.

Planes landing at airports controlled by the Islamic State need no papers or permission, Zamili said.

A senior military commander has called on the U.S. air force to destroy airports currently under Islamic State control to prevent planes carrying weapons from landing.

The plane that landed at Baghdad International Airport was carrying forged documents in which the cargo was reported to be ' cigarettes. '

It is not clear how many planes have used the Baghdad airport as a destination to unload their weapons on their way to the Islamic State.

But reports say that such planes might have landed and emptied their cargo at other airports under either Kurdish or central government control.

Zamili said intelligence reports point to brisk trade in smuggling of arms in Iraq. The Islamic State, he added, "is using the hard cash it earns from oil exports on the purchase of weapons."

http://www.azzaman.com/english/?p=640

I wish you all would stop bashing the President for everything.  I'm tired of the Republicans saying "American People have spoken" every time they want to make a point.  The votes they got to win this past midterm election does NOT represent ALL the people.  I for one don't want to see our children going over there and getting killed for Iraq or any other country in the Middle East.  Those people need to fight and die for their own country.  We have already lost 4000+ of our sons & daughters, and thousands came home maimed and scarred for life.  It's easy to sit in your nice comfortable easy chairs and want the President to commit our troops... just make sure YOU are going with them.

• Upvote 8
  • Downvote 16

He's the one with the Pen and the Phone! Nobody's asking him to send troops, there is a lot more that can be done other than sending Americans into harms way...send them the equipment they need to fight their own battle, sucks when the enemy has better arms than you do!!! Politics has nothing to do with this, THEY ARE KILLING AMERICANS!!! Nuff said!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 3

I wish you all would stop bashing the President for everything.  I'm tired of the Republicans saying "American People have spoken" every time they want to make a point.  The votes they got to win this past midterm election does NOT represent ALL the people.  I for one don't want to see our children going over there and getting killed for Iraq or any other country in the Middle East.  Those people need to fight and die for their own country.  We have already lost 4000+ of our sons & daughters, and thousands came home maimed and scarred for life.  It's easy to sit in your nice comfortable easy chairs and want the President to commit our troops... just make sure YOU are going with them.

Ive done two tours, and will gladly go again, they just need to take our leash off, drop all the stupid ROE (rules of engagement) and let us do what needs to be done, to hell with winning the hearts and minds of the people, let us eliminate the threat by any means necessary.

• Upvote 16

The 'monkey' comment is a very harsh remark. Some might even deem it as an racial slur. I guess we can say anything we want on this site now. Especially if it downgrading the president. I'm sorry, but I'm old school. My parents taught me that you always show respect to those in authority. Even If you don't agree with them. By the way, I think the Holy Bible teach the same thing. I have been a VIP member on this site for a while. I don't think I'll renew it. I feel if individuals don't agree with someone, that don't give them the right to slur that individual, or be disrespectful. The sad thing is the people that do this constantly on this site, then type words like they are devout Christians. 

Edited by sanders2340
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 3

I wish you all would stop bashing the President for everything. I'm tired of the Republicans saying "American People have spoken" every time they want to make a point. The votes they got to win this past midterm election does NOT represent ALL the people. I for one don't want to see our children going over there and getting killed for Iraq or any other country in the Middle East. Those people need to fight and die for their own country. We have already lost 4000+ of our sons & daughters, and thousands came home maimed and scarred for life. It's easy to sit in your nice comfortable easy chairs and want the President to commit our troops... just make sure YOU are going with them.

• Upvote 1

You know this kind of nonsense, idotic, low-self-esteem, want-to-be, imbecilly-stupid comment like this by Soledad, accepted and approved by the Adam and his staff is why many of the good-sense contributed members stop posting on the forum.

Thank- God, we have individuals like Sander2340 who speak out about this matter. I noticed that other members failded to mention Soledad's biggotry. These Dinarian forums has no place for racism.

I personally think Obama droped the ball on ISIS, he should have had Maliki removed long ago. History have tought us that where ever America went to war and won; we always left a few thousand marines on the ground to make sure all the money and blood we shed in the war did not go un-notice.

The mistake the world made in WWI should not have been repeated in Iraq. After the coalition won the war, they left Germany with no supervision which allowed them to re-armed and started WWII.

Yes, Obama dropped the ball on ISIS but that does not make him a monkey. Many other presidents have made decisions we don't approved of, we don't called them racist names.

You know, America is a very good country; it is people like "Soledad" who give it a bad name. 

• Upvote 3

Individuals that tolerate that type of behavior, in my opinion, are just as bad as the people that make those type comments. At one time, I felt that this site was somewhat better dealing with things of that nature. Therefore, I became a VIP member. Boy was I wrong. I refuse to financially support this site if the mods allow individuals to make racial slurs. I also think the buck stop at the desk of Adam. 

• Upvote 2

This Monkey President we have is probably waiting to draw another red line in the sand!  We have the capability to control this, what is he waiting for, unbelievable! ! !

Soledad, Soledad, Soledad,  now why do you wish to show your uselessness here.  Remember that the "Truth Seekers" are always watching even in here.  You have been spotlighted due to your own dumb-mindedness.  I don't like this president either but I also don't like you!  Now that you have gotten it started, maybe Adam and the other moderators will chime in on this one!  You are bad business and needs to go and that goes for anyone else that has your idiotic attitude.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

quote name="universal_exports" post="1456239" timestamp="1416370503"]Ive done two tours, and will gladly go again, they just need to take our leash off, drop all the stupid ROE (rules of engagement) and let us do what needs to be done, to hell with winning the hearts and minds of the people, let us eliminate the threat by whatever means necessary.

quote name="Gut Feelings" post="1456135" timestamp="1416351445"]I wish you all would stop bashing the President for everything.  I'm tired of the Republicans saying "American People have spoken" every time they want to make a point.  The votes they got to win this past midterm election does NOT represent ALL the people.  I for one don't want to see our children going over there and getting killed for Iraq or any other country in the Middle East.  Those people need to fight and die for their own country.  We have already lost 4000+ of our sons & daughters, and thousands came home maimed and scarred for life.  It's easy to sit in your nice comfortable easy chairs and want the President to commit our troops... just make sure YOU are going with them.

Yeah the monkey comment was unneeded . As is being blamed for all the earths I'll wills because I am white and not a passifist .

I am here to express my feelings about whatever I think about what my President does. Regardless of who he or she is, their party affiliation, or the color of their skin. It is this Presidents policies and LIES to the American people that have placed us at the foot of Iraqi War III. He tried it his way, what we have in Iraq and worldwide right now is a by-product of his failed experiments. Is anyone out there finding his socialized medicine health care act, anywhere close to affordable? Monthly cost gone up double to almost triple? I am all for fighting Islamist Extremists here in the U.S. We can easily determine who they are on our soil and prosecute them appropriately by laws or armaments. I also would rather take the fight to them at their home, in their neighborhood, in their country. For when we are allowed to win, and do what must be done to prevent their even thinking about hitting us again in a organized or individual fashion.