Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraqi Oil: Erbil agreement will raise oil production and wait Barzani

yota691

Iraqi Oil: Erbil agreement will raise oil production and wait Barzani

SUNDAY, OCTOBER 15 2 / NOVEMBER 2014 13:32 M P

•  

Twilight News / announced Oil Minister Adel Abdul-Mahdi, that the agreement signed with the Kurdistan Region recently, will double its oil production in Iraq, at the time referred to the upcoming visit of the President of the Government of the Territory to Baghdad.

irq_492160350_1415896271.jpgAbdul-Mahdi said at a news conference in Baghdad with a number of conservatives in the country, "the agreement signed with Erbil will guarantee us two days before the Iraqi oil production of oil has doubled, and Kirkuk, which may be due to the production."

Mahdi said, "We are awaiting the visit of President of the Kurdistan Regional Government, Barzani to complete oil talks and resolve all problems."

And oil production rates in Iraq, the minister said, "We passed the three million barrels per day," referring to the decline in world oil prices and their impact on the Iraqi oil market.

The two sides reached Baghdad to Erbil agreement during a meeting in Arbil, the President of the Government of the Territory included Barzani and his deputy Qubad Talabani and Iraqi Oil Minister Adel Abdul-Mahdi.

The disagreement between the two sides going back for years about the management of oil wealth.And cut off Baghdad Kurdistan's share of the state budget, including the salaries of the staff of the region earlier this year because of differences on the export of Kurdish oil.

Baghdad says it is the sole owner of the right to enter into contracts and export of oil out of the country and threatened to sue international companies that buy oil from the source of the Kurdistan Region.

But the region confirms that the country's laws allow him to manage the oil fields in its territory and entered into contracts over the past years with international oil giants.

Since last May, the region began to export its oil to international markets through its own pipeline to the Turkish port of Ceyhan.

The region produces about 300 thousand barrels per day to 400 thousand barrels per day by the end of this year.

• Upvote 1

wtf....is this superfly vs sandfly?

erm...anyway...yeah, oil production...maybe Baghdad will continue to seek progress with a fresh change of PM's...and finally catch up with the Kurds, maybe

even pay them their due.  Kurds have always been LESS talk...MORE ACTION, especially in a democratic sense.  De facto, or not,  I cannot blame the Kurds

for leaving Baghdad behind previously.  No matter how much I hope they unite now, it was the management of the Kurds that even allowed the oil contracts to

exist as Malarki certainly did not use his leadership to build future economic development or unity with the Kurdistan region for that matter.

Furthermore, had the Kurds' example been followed, the relationship with Turkey would be better controlled by the GOI, I'm sure.  At the very least, having exports

rolling out to the north with Turkey, exporting prices could not be as easily suppressed in the south for Iraq, as they actually were in 1990.  I'm not saying Saddam was justified

in his aggression towards Kuwait...AT ALL...however, with two means of export routes and two competing gateways...Iraq (along with Kurdistan) would be less

likely to become victims of export $ suppression tactics.  Also, not saying Kuwait suppressed the rate, but they did nothing to argue it.

ANYWAY...before I digress too much, Baghdad must surly realize they will do better working WITH the Kurds than AGAINST them.  So far, the new PM seems to be

a much better diplomat and I am hopeful.  We shall see...and hopefully soon.

Yota, ty for the post :)

Crossfire

Edited by caughtinthecrossfire
  • Upvote 1