Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Kurdish Deputy: We asked the Iraqi Central Bank to reprint the Iraqi currency

lillymoon

Kurdish Deputy: We asked the Iraqi Central Bank to reprint the Iraqi currency

10/17/2014

The federal government has begun to change the Iraqi currency starting from the class (10) thousand dinars, and scheduled change the categories (5) and Ser (25) thousand dinars soon, while official announced in the Central Bank of Kurdistan, the Iraqi constitution that requires the presence of phrases Kurdish language on Iraqi currency.

And put the Iraqi Central Bank on September 11, 2014, the new currency of the class (10) thousand dinars in Iraqi markets officially, but the branch manager of the Central Bank in the Kurdistan Region Adham Karim Darwish announced for (Basenyoz), that the new currency has not yet reached to the region, adding: 'non-arrival of the new currency officially to the region, not to send regards the Iraqi government to the region's share of the budget and the salaries of the staff of the region during the previous period.'

And bear the new edition of the class (10) thousand dinars image Statue of Liberty is located in central Baghdad, instead of the image of the Arab world bin Hassan al-Haytham.

And about the lack of phrases and symbols of Kurdish on the new currency, said branch manager of the Central Bank in the Kurdistan Region: 'Iraqi constitution requires the presence of symbols and phrases Kurdish Iraqi currency, and are expected to be taking the subject into account when printing new categories of currency, and if the Iraqi government does not comply with this constitutional maturity, we will have a certain position and we will take necessary action '.

It is worth mentioning that the Iraqi currency has changed more than once since the publication in 1932, was last changed in 2003.

In turn, pointed out a member of the Finance Committee in the Iraqi parliament Hassan Piatti told (Basenyoz), that 'Central Bank of Iraq intends to reprint the two categories (5) and Ser (25) thousand dinars of the new currency, in addition to the class (50) thousand in later.

In turn, said a member of the Finance Committee in the Iraqi Council of Representatives for the Kurdistan Alliance list, Najiba Najib: 'We asked the Iraqi Central Bank to reprint the Iraqi currency, taking into account the Iraqi Constitution and the Official Languages ​​Act, and put words in Kurdish language on the new currency'.

Adding: 'bank approved our request orally, and scheduled the print category (50) thousand dinars later'.

And detection branch manager of the Central Bank in the Kurdistan Region Adham Karim Darwish, they 'sent a number of symbols of Kurdish to the Iraqi Central Bank, at the request of them to put it on new Iraqi currency', explaining that the symbols that have been sent include 'Castle of Arbil, Photos number of in the mountains of Kurdistan, a number of archaeological sites, and a waterfall (Gali Ali Beck) famous'.

http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ar&u=http://basnews.com/ar/News/Details/mod/38243&prev=/search%3Fq%3D%25D8%

If new currency is printed will the note we hold be worthless?

our notes will be fine, read it again.. says "REprint" The U.S does this all the time as many countries do.

We print new note all the time here in the U S and it stays the same. they have been saying to print new notes for years because of the note they use now are torn and in bay shape.

yes precisely. Happens when currency has been torn and wore over the years and managed by different exchanging of hands.  A reprint of the same currency and bring out new lower denom notes is what Iraq will do imho.

Edited by easyrider
  • Upvote 2

While I agree with your premise that our notes will be fine, I would have to disagree with your "reprint" statement. I have a couple of notes...None of mine has Kurdish language, and if any of you have one with it, I'd love to see a pic of that note.

our notes will be fine, read it again.. says "REprint" The U.S does this all the time as many countries do.

yes precisely. Happens when currency has been torn and wore over the years and managed by different exchanging of hands.  A reprint of the same currency and bring out new lower denom notes is what Iraq will do imho.

Edited by rsskelton

While I agree with your premise that our notes will be fine, I would have to disagree with your "reprint" statement. I have a couple of notes...None of mine has Kurdish language, and if any of you have one with it, I'd love to see a pic of that note.

They can "reprint" adding the Kurdish language and still honor what is already in the marketplace....Not change the currency or even redesign it.  Keep the actual design the same but add the Kurdish language... Simple