Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Adam Montana weekly and then some. October 8 2014

Adam Montana

Thanks Adam for your post. I really appreciate all the honesty and wonderful debates on this forum.  I don't feel I have to agree with anyone to appreciate their posts.  I learn alot by being on DV and love this site.  I think that because of the internet we are a more informed public now than in previous presidencies, which makes it harder for our government to hide it's true agenda, but this agenda started long before Obama and cannot be blamed on just one man.  The bad guys have been with us for ages but are being exposed now more than ever. I just pray that the light will win over the darkness and goodness will prevail.  Hopefully we will not have to flee to another country.  I love this country too much! 

Thanks DV!

• Upvote 2

By the time I got to the bottom reading, I forgot what you said at the top!  Don't rekon it was enough to offend anyone.  I hope this happens before long so people will get the hate out of their head.  YOU didn't tell them to buy or sell them their Dinar, so why be upset with ya.  Have a great long weekend everyone.

• Upvote 1

Iraq... this is a big one, and right at the heart of this site. Obama screwed

up BIG when he made the decision to pull all of our troops out. YES, it was

his call. I don't think America should be the "world police", but let's be realistic.

Iraq could have used our help for a little longer, but all Obama cares (cared) 

about is appearance(s)... he doesn't give a flying hoot about our country.

Probably get banned, or negged to death, but I have to correct you. It was NOT his call.

The U.S.–Iraq Status of Forces Agreement (official name: Agreement Between the United States of America and the Republic of Iraq On the Withdrawal of United States Forces from Iraq and the Organization of Their Activities during Their Temporary Presence in Iraq) was a status of forces agreement(SOFA) between Iraq and the United States, signed by President George W. Bush in 2008. It established that U.S. combat forces would withdraw from Iraqi cities by June 30, 2009, and all U.S. forces will be completely out of Iraq by December 31, 2011.[1] 

He was bound by the agreement signed by his predecessor.

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 2

Adam I don't agree with your rant but, its your and I could respect that.

And for those of you that's going to NEG me ask yourself is it because I disagree with Adam or you just don't know why.

You follow your leader and I follow mine.

Now, lets get back to business...Go RV

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 2

Sir Adam: I did not have one problem with your post, at all. Nada problema. I have had disagreements in the past with a position you have taken, though I cannot remember what it was about. I have always enjoyed your straight forward honesty and opinions. Your facts ring true, and your twist on them are out of the box, and right on the money. I now look at economic news in a totally different way. Like a person who knows when to buy and when not to buy. What I should disagree with my broker about. So ... THANKS, for this post and all your other ones.

Well, I am definitely coming really late to this party!  Sorry, but I've been on the road for a couple of days.  All I can say is "WOW".  In a little over 48 hours, there's been 233 posts made to this thread!

I've been involved with the DV site since January, 2011, and was graciously invited to be a moderator about a year later.  And since that time, I have grown to admire & respect Adam tremendously. We as moderators see and discuss things behind the scenes that you guys out here are not aware of.  And it's because of the "behind the scenes" work and actions that Adam takes that has made my respect for him grow.  You are all seeing a glimpse of the real person that runs this sight.  And I am so glad he has "let it all hang out" with his "opinion piece".  And I too am overwhelmed at the positive response he has received.  I knew that most of you that are in VIP and OSI were conservative-leaning just from the conversations in those forums, but out here in the public forums?  Amazing!  

And I agree with kcw - it's about time, Adam, it's about time!   :D  :D  :D  

• Upvote 5

Hi Adam,

My opinion is that people who are properly informed about what is going on in the world, (TRUELY INFORMED), which is almost impossible in todays world, Those people including myself will agree with you. I happen to be fortunate to receive Glenn Beck's new network The Blaze where I become most informed..After reading your post I for the first time felt you possibly where a little less optimistic about our investment, or did I miss something...Anyway I feel you have created a wonderful forum here and provided the best informative site that one could wish for..Thanks from a loyal DV'er...

• Upvote 1

Hello to all RV family members. This is my first post since I joined 4 yrs ago. I have listened and learned a lot from you guys. It did my heart good to hear that Adam  mirrored my emotions.almost to the letter. I was gladdened to hear his comments. This is an evil world we live in. Is there a country  we can live in to get away from all this? When the time comes I am all in for a move. Again I thank you Adam and all members for keeping me informed. God bless you and good luck in all your choices       SEMPER FI

• Upvote 2

***Just to clear things up a bit, Adam was not necessarily advocating leaving your home country or current citizenship (though you may choose to), but rather acquiring a 2nd citizenship/passport for both travel and wealth retention. This is perfectly legal (as are all strategies endorsed by DV), and does not require surrendering your US citizenship (if that is your country of citizenship).

This topic is not discussed in the open forums, perhaps briefly in VIP, and extensively in the OSI section.*** :twocents:   

• Upvote 2

Ocdude - at least 5 generals have said that he didn't pursue it even though they had advised him that he had to have a Status of Forces Agreement. A couple of them even went so far as to say that all he had to say is okay if we pull the troops we are taking all our guns, our equipment & our ammunition & that would have been the end of it.

• Upvote 1

Ocdude - at least 5 generals have said that he didn't pursue it even though they had advised him that he had to have a Status of Forces Agreement. A couple of them even went so far as to say that all he had to say is okay if we pull the troops we are taking all our guns, our equipment & our ammunition & that would have been the end of it.

He didn't HAVE to pursue it at all, the agreement signed by Bush was binding. We can play if/then all we want...the point is that the agreement signed by Bush was binding unless BOTH parties agreed to amend it, and the troops immunity was non negotiable for us....something the Iraqis refused to negotiate on....as was their right as a sovereign nation.

In one of his final acts in office, President Bush in December of 2008 had signed a Status of Forces Agreement (SOFA) with the Iraqi government that set the clock ticking on ending the war he’d launched in March of 2003. The SOFA provided a legal basis for the presence of U.S. forces in Iraq after the United Nations Security Council mandate for the occupation mission expired at the end of 2008. But it required that all U.S. forces be  gone from Iraq by January 1, 2012, unless the Iraqi government was willing to negotiate a new agreement that would extend their mandate. And as Middle East historian Juan Cole has noted, “Bush had to sign what the [iraqi] parliament gave him or face the prospect that U.S. troops would have to leave by 31 December, 2008, something that would have been interpreted as a defeat…”

But ending the U.S. troop presence in Iraq was an overwhelmingly popular demand among Iraqis, and Prime Minister Nuri al-Maliki appears to have been unwilling to take the political risk of extending it. While he was inclined to see a small number of American soldiers stay behind to continue mentoring Iraqi forces, the likes of Shi’ite cleric Moqtada al-Sadr, on whose support Maliki’s ruling coalition depends, were having none of it. Even the Obama Administration’s plan to keep some 3,000 trainers behind failed because the Iraqis were unwilling to grant them the legal immunity from local prosecution that is common to SOF agreements in most countries where U.S. forces are based.

So, while U.S. commanders would have liked to have kept a division or more behind in Iraq to face any contingencies — and, increasingly, Administration figures had begun citing the challenge of Iran, next door — it was Iraqi democracy that put the kibosh on that goal. The Bush Administration had agreed in 2004 to restore Iraqi sovereignty, and in 2005 put the country’s elected government in charge of shaping its destiny.

• Upvote 3

his call. I don't think America should be the "world police", but let's be realistic.

Probably get banned, or negged to death, but I have to correct you. It was NOT his call.

The U.S.–Iraq Status of Forces Agreement (official name: Agreement Between the United States of America and the Republic of Iraq On the Withdrawal of United States Forces from Iraq and the Organization of Their Activities during Their Temporary Presence in Iraq) was a status of forces agreement(SOFA) between Iraq and the United States, signed by President George W. Bush in 2008. It established that U.S. combat forces would withdraw from Iraqi cities by June 30, 2009, and all U.S. forces will be completely out of Iraq by December 31, 2011.[1] 

Wow I guess it really is Bush's fault!

Grandpa always said that even broken clocks can be right twice a day! ;)

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

I know I'm 12 pages late at jumping in on this topic, I've been working somewhere where internet is not allowed. All I have to say is "Adam let it all out buddy, don't hold back. Nobody should have to suppress their views/thoughts especially you on your own site."

I'm away again Monday so I'll catch up here in another 7.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

But the agreement allowed from 10=20,000 troops to remain.  That would have prevented a lot of this ISIS mess.  

• Upvote 5

But the agreement allowed from 10=20,000 troops to remain.  That would have prevented a lot of this ISIS mess.  

No, it did not. It allowed for ALL US troops to be out of Iraq by Dec 31, 2011.

Article 24

Withdrawal of American Forces from Iraq

Admitting to the performance of Iraqi forces, their increased capabilities and assuming full responsibility for security and based upon the strong relationship between the two parties the two parties agreed to the following:

All U.S. forces are to withdraw from all Iraqi territory, water and airspace no later than the 31st of December of 2011.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2