Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Open invitation to join us Gold mining near Barstow Ca - Oct 18

SocalDinar

We are Planning a trip to my 20 acre placer mine October 18 and 19. 

All DV members are invited to come out for the day and dig in the dirt.

I find color every trip. 

14 dirt road miles off FT Irwin Rd.North of Barstow CA

Bring your drywashing equipment or recirculating sluice

Kind of deep in but the roads are ok for 2 WD

Message me directly for more information.

• Upvote 3

Awwwww shucks Social...ya know how to get a guy don'tcha!!!! Post RV when I don't have to worry about work schedules and the cost of travel...I would love to give it a go....then you could come out my way and try your luck at gem mining. NC has emeralds, rubies, and gold! Sandfly for the offer!!!! :)

• Upvote 1

I got a ticket for not wearing a seatbelt at the border crossing of Cali and Nevada,I would have had to go to Barstow to fight it. But alas I live to far away..I was on my way from Las Vegas back to San Jose,then back to Maine.. Good luck to all with their digging!!  :peace:

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Social would love to have been there my friend and sounds like fun. Any pics of your find you would like to share :-) perhaps some motivation is needed to gather a bigger inner circle.

Its pretty darn hard work Wiljor. Most friends who tag along make it to one  trip and thats it. Throwing a pick into hard ground all day is not alot of fun.

You also need some pretty expensive metal detectors to really hunt for gold. Like $3,000 +

I have 2 drywashing machines and can usually sling enough dirt myself to feed both. Its funny but I actually process more materiel by myself than when I have help.

Only problem is Im 14 miles off the pavement with no cell signal. ( Im going to  invest in a satellite phone someday ) 

If it was easy everyone would be doing it.

This is a video of the same area my mine is located. I posted a couple of pictures in gallery of our recent finds

http://youtu.be/-JpZq9sVwpw

Edited by SocalDinar
  • Upvote 2

So let me get this straight...you have to "work" for the gold??? LOL!!! ;o)

I'm not familiar with the drywashing method...but it looks like you still wet pan at the end...correct?

When we go creeking for gems we just sit on a rock in the creek and use a simple screen/box to sift through the gravel...that only works in warm weather unless you have a wet suit. In our neck of the woods you gotta pay to play though...unless you have land close to a water source or like you...dig your heart out and sift it out later!

Edited by RodandStaff
  • Upvote 1

Thats right Rod and staff. You still have to get the gold out of your concentrates.

No water where we are at in the middle of the desert. I always take home my concentrates and first pan down to the black sand and the larger pieces of gold then I use a Blue bowl method to get the flour sized gold.

I have two different drywashers. One runs on a 12v motor. and the other uses a leaf blower

The 12v ( much quieter ) pushes a bellow under the unit which pushes a puff of air lifting the lighter materiel and letting them fall to the next riffle. untill they finally fall of the end

This leaves the heavier materiel caught in the tray.

My leaf blower model  ( Home made ) pushes a fan blade with a counterweight below. This causes the entire tray to vibrate and air pushing lighter materiel up trapping the heavy materiels

Weather is good so going back this weekend.

• Upvote 2

You got that right Social, tough work, but the rewards are sweet. Looks like it's a weekend jaunt and the a day to recover. Still sounds like an adventure my friend and perhaps one day I will have the honor :-) until then I will dig away at the office, slugging and shuffling the dirt around there and who knows, maybe that "pay dirt" as you say will arrive to us all here. Good luck and enjoy.

• Upvote 4