Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Oh for GOD sakes let the LOP thing die

doc80904

Personally I think it's funny when people that have no idea of what they are talking about get on a chat and spread everythng form the sky is falling to the grinch stole christmas. Stop and think a minute, Ethiad, Emirates and Air France either are or will be flying into BIAP (Baghdad Int'l Airport) shortly as a regularly scheduled stop. Just the cost of remodeling that facility alone will be a huge undertaking, let alone all of the other ventures that Iraq has under way or is planing in the near future. How about all of the businesses from the good old U.S. that will be coming in country to conduct business, how will that be paid for in good wishes? How about the debt that was just forgiven by the UAE, lets forget about China for a minute.....and how about the talks to forgive debt with Saudi? Ok........lets forget about all of that, if that is possible, what about the new bank being constructed on the VBC (Liberty)? Incidently that brings to mind 3 seperate banks opening on the military bases in Iraq alone. For God sakes get over this LOP.........It cannot and will not happen. When this will open I do not know but I do know that it must be very, and I do mean very shortly. This is being spread by people that just dont think. After researching this for over 3 years and being in country for almost 7 years, common sence will say that this just won't happen. I have explained, as have many others, that any sort of LOP just will not happen other than to exchange larger bills for smaller denomns by the end of the year as has been explained for so long it almost feels like pushing rewind and play every time someone brings up this silly concept, again and again and again. I am sorry to sound cross but I hate it when people start saying things that they cannot support........hmmmmmmm or is it will not support with facts. I am not a "Guru" as so many people are labeled on here I am just posting what I see in country. I am not in the U.S. and have not, as I have said for almost 7 years so it makes me crazy when people that are not here do their best to talk like they are.

WOW........I am sorry, I didn 't mean to go off like that sometimes I get a little crazy.......

Have a great day all........

• Upvote 5

Personally I think it's funny when people that have no idea of what they are talking about get on a chat and spread everythng form the sky is falling to the grinch stole christmas. Stop and think a minute, Ethiad, Emirates and Air France either are or will be flying into BIAP (Baghdad Int'l Airport) shortly as a regularly scheduled stop. Just the cost of remodeling that facility alone will be a huge undertaking, let alone all of the other ventures that Iraq has under way or is planing in the near future. How about all of the businesses from the good old U.S. that will be coming in country to conduct business, how will that be paid for in good wishes? How about the debt that was just forgiven by the UAE, lets forget about China for a minute.....and how about the talks to forgive debt with Saudi? Ok........lets forget about all of that, if that is possible, what about the new bank being constructed on the VBC (Liberty)? Incidently that brings to mind 3 seperate banks opening on the military bases in Iraq alone. For God sakes get over this LOP.........It cannot and will not happen. When this will open I do not know but I do know that it must be very, and I do mean very shortly. This is being spread by people that just dont think. After researching this for over 3 years and being in country for almost 7 years, common sence will say that this just won't happen. I have explained, as have many others, that any sort of LOP just will not happen other than to exchange larger bills for smaller denomns by the end of the year as has been explained for so long it almost feels like pushing rewind and play every time someone brings up this silly concept, again and again and again. I am sorry to sound cross but I hate it when people start saying things that they cannot support........hmmmmmmm or is it will not support with facts. I am not a "Guru" as so many people are labeled on here I am just posting what I see in country. I am not in the U.S. and have not, as I have said for almost 7 years so it makes me crazy when people that are not here do their best to talk like they are.

WOW........I am sorry, I didn 't mean to go off like that sometimes I get a little crazy.......

The RV will happen! Go RV!

• Upvote 1

glad to hear it, im in country also, a newbie to it all, wish i had time to talk in person so u could enlighten me, im at d-8 toolroom. keep posting please, i need all the input possible. thanks

Thanks for your input stay safe. :D:D:D

Doc, THANK YOU!! I feel the same as you. I am a "Newbie", but I get what they are doing. I have a friend that I introduced the Dinar to and am sure he will read this post as well. He DRIVES ME NUTS about the LOP, no Matt, stop worrying about all this LOP CRAP. I have given him the same talk to over and over. They have to bring in smaller bills to be able to do business. We have all seen signs that say " No Larger Bills the $20's" here in the US. I am sure Iraq will not have change for a said $25,000 bill if this does RV for a Dollar to Dollar.

Again thank you Doc.

Linny

Doc I completely understand your theory on this subject and appreciate your wisdom and most definitely your service.

I am not trying to be a buzz kill here and am by no means in any state of panic. But Your theory on the LOP is not the only theory in existence and even the Administrator of this site explained recently that the LOP by his estimate has a 50 / 50 chance. He also went on to explain that even if the "ugly" LOP theory comes to pass that there will still be some small profits made by us all depending on what you bought in for.

So again, I understand your theory and I believe you are right.

But to be fair and open to every one the LOP is not an impossibility.

Hope everyone has a great Monday!!

• Upvote 1

Doc I completely understand your theory on this subject and appreciate your wisdom and most definitely your service.

I am not trying to be a buzz kill here and am by no means in any state of panic. But Your theory on the LOP is not the only theory in existence and even the Administrator of this site explained recently that the LOP by his estimate has a 50 / 50 chance. He also went on to explain that even if the "ugly" LOP theory comes to pass that there will still be some small profits made by us all depending on what you bought in for.

So again, I understand your theory and I believe you are right.

But to be fair and open to every one the LOP is not an impossibility.

Hope everyone has a great Monday!!

If I understand this picture correctly, Iraq wants to move forward, by lopping, it would make them go back way back which they do not want. Do you really think that all of these investors and Oil companies wants into Iraq with worthless currency. Come on give me a break.. .

If I understand this picture correctly, Iraq wants to move forward, by lopping, it would make them go back way back which they do not want. Do you really think that all of these investors and Oil companies wants into Iraq with worthless currency. Come on give me a break.. .

Actually Mr. mrref I stated that i believe Doc's theory to be the correct theory.

I was only adding that there are other theories that many, including the administrator of this site, have stated are a real possibility.

Actually Mr. mrref I stated that i believe Doc's theory to be the correct theory.

I was only adding that there are other theories that many, including the administrator of this site, have stated are a real possibility.

No problem thanks for responding :D

Ok......I will explain again the true LOP concept that no one has ever dibated. Here it is.......

The Dinar was printed late in 2003 to replace the Hussain currency. This was printed in England with all the denoms that would ever be needed either stamped or pressed.

The smaller notes ie 10,20,50 etc were also printed but with a limited value that they had and have at this point it would have had no prpose to release them into circulation. The larger bills at first were put into circulation ie 10,000 and 25,000 to be used, much the same as any other beginning economy. The more stable the economy becomes the lower the denoms that may be used. For example at present the simple cost of a loaf of bread here is between 5500 and 6000 dinar alone.

If you refer back to the beginning the new currency was put into play and compair it to now you would see a very large imporvement in the value to this time only. The market is getting better and better to the point now that the R/I, or as I believe will happen R/V, will kill the smaller business if they were continued to be used. For instance once the value has been changed to a dollar, just and example, that would make a 25000 note worth 25000 dollars in value. Imagine for a moment going into the local 7/11 to purchase a soda and a candy bar with 25000 U.S. dollars in your hand in one note. Imagine the look on the cashiers face, he or she would tell you to go to the bank and exchange that for a smaller note and come back to make your purchase.

If a person is really bent on the LOP therory to happen here is how it would happen. Once the R/V occurs it has been said that all notes will be honored through the end of the year. At the end of the year the larger notes will be required to be turned into the CBI to be used in their interbanking exchanges thereby making a 25000 note a 25 dinar note. There will be no difference in the value of the dinar just a removal of the larger notes making a 25000 into a 25 dunar note. This has been reflected in the paychecks that the Iraqi military recieves. Their paychecks will drop in actual amount but the value will remain the same.

What sort of time frame we will have to turn in our currency is an unknown to me at this time, as with everyone else that I know. It will be explained when the currency opens.

Now as for the possibility of a float or an exact rate there are many schools of thought on that if someone would like to understand more about that you will need to ask specific questions.

I hope I have cleared up this mess once and for all........

Have a great evening all........Its time for me to close my office.......enjoy..........

Bruce

Thanks Bruce for the enlightenment. I am sure as you read thru the various posts on this subject, that you will see that I too along with many others get tired of hearing the same old stuff. I do understand that many are newcomers to the site. I do also think that with membership should come a handbook that says, first of all, read the forum, read the pro's and the con's of each subject. Only after you have done this should you post in any category of the forum. As for the administrator of this site saying it could go either way, stop and think for a moment. He gives us all he knows and yet some still question and want to argue, just for the sake of hearing their fingers banging away at the keys of their used laptop. He does not want to disappoint anyone, nor does he want to argue all the time. Can't blame him. B)

• Upvote 1

doc, thanks....and yes, please, let's put this LOP talk to bed once and for all. I am NOT a newbie, but think there should be a special chat "for newbies that don't understand the LOP and are willing to talk among themselves". Let's all focus now on a healthy and substantial RV or RI.

Edited by Captjohn

LOP WONT HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh Im sorry, since you have 1000s and higher they are worthless, but if you have 50, 250, 500 you are safe. Bull.

Oh wait the other theory 25000s are now worth $25.....Well I guess the 50s are now worth a $.05 Ha :lol: That makes a functional currency.

Stop sweatin it people....its not a 50/50 chance. Its a 0% chance.....Do you really think that foreign banks would be sitting on large sums of DINAR if they thought they only make 5%, NOPE. Do you think Toyota would have just signed an agreement to sell vehicles in Iraq the other day if they knew Iraq would RV then the people would still be broke. NOPE!!!

Stop thinking about it so much...if you are so concerned about it then sell me you DINAR!!!

:twothumbs:

Edited by silo123

This will give them an ideal what will happen...

The Central Bank of Iraq has announced their plans to redenominate the Iraqi Dinar to ease cash transactions. By the end of 2010, they intend to drop three zeros from the nominal value of bank notes. It should be noted that the actual value of the dinar will remain unchanged. That means that 1,000 IQD (pre-redenomination) and 1 dinar (post-redenomination) will both be worth the same amount in US Dollars. As stated by the Central Bank of Iraq, their mandate is to "ensure domestic price stability and foster a stable competitive market based financial system." For more information about the redenomination, read "Iraq plans to slice three zeros off currency notes."

thanks rtrusty ... I think there is much misunderstanding about the terms we use, so thanks for the explanation.

This will give them an ideal what will happen...

The Central Bank of Iraq has announced their plans to redenominate the Iraqi Dinar to ease cash transactions. By the end of 2010, they intend to drop three zeros from the nominal value of bank notes. It should be noted that the actual value of the dinar will remain unchanged. That means that 1,000 IQD (pre-redenomination) and 1 dinar (post-redenomination) will both be worth the same amount in US Dollars. As stated by the Central Bank of Iraq, their mandate is to "ensure domestic price stability and foster a stable competitive market based financial system." For more information about the redenomination, read "Iraq plans to slice three zeros off currency notes."