Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Officials: Islamic State militants shoot down Iraqi helicopter

k98nights

Officials: Islamic State militants shoot down Iraqi helicopter

By Qassim Abdul-Zahra, Associated Press

Friday, Oct. 3, 2014 | 9:21 a.m.

helicopter-shot-down-northern-beiji.jpg

BAGHDAD — Officials in Iraq say an Iraqi military attack helicopter has been shot down by Islamic State group militants in the country's north.

An official with the Iraqi Defense Ministry says the Mi-35 helicopter was brought down Friday by a rocket launcher between the towns of Beiji and al-Senniyah in northern Iraq.

An official with the Iraqi air force corroborated the information, saying the helicopter's pilot and co-pilot were killed.

Beiji, located 200 kilometers (130 miles) north of Baghdad, is home to Iraq's biggest oil refinery.

Both officials spoke anonymously as they are not authorized to speak with journalists.

http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2014/oct/03/officials-islamic-state-militants-shoot-down-iraqi/

Personally I am a BIBLE THUMPING, SECOND AMMENDMENT NUT JOB (as some would say), but I do NOT believe that we should be the worlds police force, however with that being said there are certain evils in this world that only our Military can defeat, ISIL/ISIS being one of them, these people are EVIL to the core it will take (unfortunately) USA BOOTS on the ground to defeat and destroy this enemy of the World, if I had any say in this I would dip every bullet used in pigs blood before the Enemy receives them;)  if we have to use Boots on the Ground let our military LOOSE!!! do not handy cap them with rules of engagement (ie they have to fire at us BEFORE we can respond), as General Patton said no Bleep Bleep Bleep ever won a war by dying for his Country-they Won the war by making the other Bleep Bleep Bleep die for theirs.

• Upvote 2

I call complete bullshiz on this article, lets look at the picture closely, the retractable landing gear is out like it was taking off or landing and it hit on its side and didnt tear off the tail roter.

Looks to me like it crashed after take off from not to hi.

So my guess would be this is the crap Maliki bought from russia thats 20 yrs old and complete crap, and this shot down story is just to make them look better.