Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Selling 1 Million IQD

RicknSaudi

Hello my fellow DV'ers,

Well, it's sad to say, but I am selling off 1/2 of my IQD portfolio due to some pretty rough times my family and I are now experiencing.

As my username suggests, I started out a member here when I was in Saudi Arabia, flush with cash, and not a worry in the world.  As the months and years progressed after our demobilization, the volitility of aircraft maintenance work here in the states has taken it's toll.

Long story short, I wish to sell 1 Million new, uncirculated Dinar in an even (or close to it) split of 10k's and 25k notes.

Have no proof of purchase, but I know they are genuine as I've checked each and every one of them against the known safety features documented here at DV, and other legit sites.

Quick story on how I acquired them.  Working in Riyadh for 6 years beginning in '03, the F-15 PDM program I was working employed many different nationalities.  Among them, about 50% of them were ex-RSAF personnel.  Most of these Saudis were trained in the states, spoke good english, and had no problem adapting to western culture (when it suited them ;o).

One day in early '04, some Saudi friends and I started talking about the new war in Iraq, it's affect on Saudi's, and if we thought more SCUDs might start flying.  Frankly, after our compound got bombed in May of '03, we were all still wondering if the Saudi govnm't was going to get thier house in order (they finally did).

Anyway, the subject of the NEW IRAQI DINAR came up and what it's potential as a future money-maker might be.  Then my good friend Khaled chimed in saying that his brother worked at a bank in Jeddah and that he would call and see if he could get some of that new fangled Deenar (he was clear on the massive new currency influx into Iraq - and NOT the Saddam crap).

The next day at work, he said he could get all the new, uncirculated stuff we wanted.  Our price was going to be 3000 Riyal ($800).  That's when I ordered from him a million in 10k notes and a million in 25k notes (and gave cash up front - knowing he wouldn't rip us off because A.) We worked together and would be for a long time, and B.) Saudi's hate to lose face.

The following Sunday after the weekend (Fri/Sat in KSA), here comes Khaled with a bag of cash.  He said he drove to Jeddah to see his brother and all went well.

Bottom line here, I know for certain that IT'S ALL REAL and uncirculated (seriously, how much circulation could have gone on that early in the currency's life).

That said, I know by reading Doc31's profile posts that he has reached his quota (for the time being).  I would really like to deal with someone REPUTABLE on this site. Someone with whom others here have dealt successfully with. 

I am asking $850 for an even split of 10k and 25k notes to total 1 million IQD.  Of course, I would like to NET that amount (buyer pays shipping - his/her option of methods).

As far as the money transaction, not sure how to proceed on that.  I am not VIP, so I can't PM, but can provide personal email if seriously interested.  I do have an active PayPal acct.

As you all can see from my profile, I've been here awhile, but really haven't contributed too much (thanks for pointing that out Dontlop ;o).  I have learned sooooo much though about Iraq, the region, and other things from this site which is what keeps me coming back and remaining hopeful.  Thanks Adam for your "sticktoitiveness" over the years.

In conclusion all, myself and the Mrs. are hoping this goes well as we really need it to.  We will hang on to our other million for another 10 years if need be!

Thanks,   -RnS-

• Upvote 1

I wish I could help...not just cant at this time....Glad to know you are keeping some!

Oh yea!  For me not to keep some after all this time, given the current (and hopeful) situation in Iraq right now, would be well....Uncivilized!

Thanks for your concern SG and just so you know, I'm going to "bump" this once in awhile should it go "stale"  :o)

You were just fine rick

You seemed to be getting on my case so I just responded

I think you have been a fine guest here on dv

Hope everything works out for ya

I'm done so I can't help ya out if nothing happens try safe dinar or dinar trade or one of the dealers

I got my check two days after I sent mine in delivered to my door

You were just fine rick

You seemed to be getting on my case so I just responded

I think you have been a fine guest here on dv

Hope everything works out for ya

I'm done so I can't help ya out if nothing happens try safe dinar or dinar trade or one of the dealers

I got my check two days after I sent mine in delivered to my door

Thanks DL. We'll give this post a day or two before I take it to the next level. No hard feelings.

Thank you very much SG.  I don't believe I've ever seen this behind-the-scenes footage.  I will say that I was in A&P school down in Alabama living in the dormitory when this movie came out.  And as a new aviation enthusiast, I must have watched this movie a hundred times.  Not long after graduation I married my beloved and became "off the market, and 100%, prime time in love with her".

Edited by RicknSaudi

I see that cashfordinars.com and selliraqidinars.com are buying at $825/million.....fyi

Thanks KristiD. Have you or someone you know dealt with them? Are they reputable? I will certainly give them a shout tomorrow if I think I won't get the shaft! Price is right.

Well Crap!  XOA (Dinartrade) WILL NOT accept ANY dinar for which there is no receipt!  I even offered to send it to them for verification FIRST!  Unbelievable.

Anyway, I desperately need some help.  I've upped it to 1.5 million (30-25k notes and 75-10k notes).  I will take $1,000 for the works.  For that price though, buyer pays shipping!  BOTH WAYS!  I'm in central Arkansas.

I am keeping enough that, should anything happen for the better in Iraq, I'll at least get a taste of it.

Thanks in advance,

RiS

I see that cashfordinars.com and selliraqidinars.com are buying at $825/million.....fyi

KristiD, did contact the first Co you mentioned. They will work with me without a receipt. I do hope they are honest as my wife is certain we're gonna get ripped off.

I on the other hand am not having any luck selling on this board. Poor timing I reckon.

If this does work put, I will let you know how the transaction went in this thread!

I had a buddy who ran into that problem when trying to sell to DInarTrade and Sterling they woudln't buy from him. I know a few dealers of the top of my head who buy from pretty much anyone as long as notes are legit DealOrBuyDinar.Com, BuyIraqiDinarHere.Com, CashForDInars.Com. I believe all are paying around $800 or there abouts and can probably get your money quick assuming your willing to drop down to $800.

I don't know much about cashfordinars.com and selliraqidinars.  there was not better business report on either (they're both in Vegas and I suspect they may be the same company.)  However, I could NOT find any negative comments about them - which is good.  If they were crooks, I'm sure people would be slamming them, so that's something....  If anyone has used them, please let us know how it went! 

And all the best to you and your wife Rick.

I don't know much about cashfordinars.com and selliraqidinars.  there was not better business report on either (they're both in Vegas and I suspect they may be the same company.)  However, I could NOT find any negative comments about them - which is good.  If they were crooks, I'm sure people would be slamming them, so that's something....  If anyone has used them, please let us know how it went! 

That's very kind of you to say Kristi.  Am currently "under contract" with Cash For Dinars, and the package is going out today.  I'll keep you apprised as to the validity of this company.  Fingers crossed!

They are legit, they are registered and payout however I have had a few friends call and $825 is basically just to give you a call, actual payout price seems to be more like $800 if not $780. They are legit though.

Just a heads up about using BBB as a defining thing of wehther a business is legit. In the past BBB was kind of the place to go. These days BBB isn't that well respected. It's basically an extortion racket. If a business is willing to pay $500 to $700 you get a BBB seal and good rating, if you don't pay you basically have no record with them unless you have complaints. Moral of the story if someone has complaints be wary but don't be scared away that someone isn't hooked up with BBB as all it means is that they were willing to shell out money.

Actually, I sent my stuff to CashforDinars today (USPS Next Day). Should arrive tomorrow and should have my cashiers check by Thursday. I spoke with Mike who was very helpful.

He did mention that his 'collectors' pay more if the bills are sequential. Which mine MOSTLY are. BTW, I upped it to 1.5 mil. Like I said before, I'll hang on to my last bit for another 10 years if need be.

I'll keep you posted.

Ok. Sorry for the delay. CashforDinars wired me the money to my bank account the day after they received them. So by last Wednesday afternoon, the deal was finalized. I recommend this firm.

I see they advertise $825 per million which seems to be by far the best price around. Did you wind up getting the full $825? Just curious as if so thats a great deal and will recommend them to any friends thinking about selling.