Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Florida police shoot woman, 62, in back with stun gun

umbertino

• Officer on administrative leave after incident in Tallahassee

• Investigation promised into incident captured on video

• Associated Press in Tallahassee, Florida
  •  
  • theguardian.com, Wednesday 1 October 2014 14.58 BST

A Florida police officer is on administrative leave after he fired a stun gun into a 62-year-old woman’s back during an arrest.

At an early Wednesday news conference the Tallahassee police chief, Michael DeLeo, said there will be an internal affairs investigation of the incident, which occurred on Tuesday.

Someone on a nearby porch captured the incident on video, which was released by police.

Officers were investigating complaints about drug sales.

DeLeo says officers had detained three people when Viola Young approached, inquiring about one of the arrests. An officer told her to stay back and another officer attempted to arrest her. In the video, Young appears to be walking away when the officer uses his stun gun, striking her in the back. She falls face-first to the ground.

Young was later taken to jail. It is not known whether she has a lawyer.

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2014/oct/01/florida-police-shoot-woman-stun-gun

Next time don't resist-lol

Ya ever notice how topics go in cycles in regards to news...................two weeks from now something new to be outraged about. I've come to the belief that a lot of whats reported is scripted...............along the lines of reality TV.

Edited by caz1104

Need to hear the whole story.

It could be exactly the way it sounds. police being overly aggressive.

or it could be these were cops that know the neighborhood and know this lady to be violent.

Thats the way it was in my day.

If the police was called on certain people in the neighborhood  they would respond with 3 cop cars instead of one.

I was in that category.  he he he   

• Upvote 2

Need to hear the whole story.

It could be exactly the way it sounds. police being overly aggressive.

or it could be these were cops that know the neighborhood and know this lady to be violent.

Thats the way it was in my day.

If the police was called on certain people in the neighborhood  they would respond with 3 cop cars instead of one.

I was in that category.  he he he

Only 3?

Slacker!

• Upvote 1