Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

MP Promises Budget Discussion Next Week

Theseus

MP assures discussing Budget Law next week

September 29, 2014 - Ahmed Hussein 

Baghdad (IraqiNews.com) MP, Jabbar al-Abadi, of the Parliamentary Finance Committee stated that the Budget Law will be discussed in the parliament on next week.

Speaking to IraqiNews.com, he said “The 2014 Budget Law will be sent to the parliament in next week and will be discussed as soon as we received it.” /

Meanwhile....

Germany starts training 32 Kurdish fighters

Baghdad (IraqiNews.com) Germany’s army has started training 32 Kurdish peshmerga fighters at an army school in Bavaria to support them in their fight against Islamic State extremists.

A spokesman for the German defense ministry said Sunday that the 32 Kurdish fighters would stay in Germany until October 3 to receive weapons’ training.

Germany also began delivering arms to the Kurds in northern Iraq on Thursday, dispatching a shipment of 50 hand-held anti-tank weapons, 520 G3 rifles and 20 machine guns.

total, the German plan calls for arming 10,000 Kurdish fighters with some 70 million euros ($90 million) worth of equipment.

Germany is also sending some 40 paratroopers to help train the fighters on the weapons./End/

Well 32 is better than zero. Right 0bummer?

And for those who remember the museums being ransacked...

UNSCO adopts resolution to ban smuggling Iraqi antiquities

Baghdad (IraqiNews.com) The United Nations of Education, Scientific and Culture “UNESCO” announced adopting a draft project resolution for its members that commit them to ban smuggling the Iraqi antiquities. 

Should deserters be reinstated?

URGENT: Iraqi Army deserters to be re-registered by Central Government

(IraqiNews.com) The New York Times reported today that Iraqi army has launched a campaign to re-register soldiers and military personnel who deserted their units and positions in an attempt to rebuild the army to confront ISIS.

The American newspaper added that although the Iraqi government is currently training and equipping new volunteer forces, they urgently need experienced soldiers even if that requires opening enrollment to deserters.

Data from the Iraqi Army indicates that more than six thousand soldiers have been registered through this re-enrollment campaign in Kurdistan while more than 5 thousand troops have been registered in Baghdad.

And a little good news (I Guess)

URGENT: ISIS Leader, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, flees Syria airstrikes to Mosul says KDP

0001.jpg

The leader of the organization of the Islamic State in Iraq and the Levant, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi.

Erbil (IraqiNews.com) The Kurdistan Democratic Party, led by Kurdistan Region President Massoud Barzani, announced that the leader of the terrorist organization of ISIS, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, arrived in the city of Mosul after fleeing from the violent aerial bombardment on the Syrian city of Raqqa.

The Kurdistan Democratic Party said in a statement posted on its website and followed by IraqiNews.com that “after the international coalition started the bombardment on the Syrian cities, Baghdadi was forced to move between Syria and Iraq, noting that the air strikes targeted him on his way to Anbar a few weeks ago.”

The statement added that “this morning, the terrorist gunmen of ISIS began a widespread campaign of intimidation in the streets of Mosul. They are inspecting the identification of all vehicle passengers and bystanders traveling in groups of 2 or more people.”

(All articles dated Sept 29, 2014)

Edited by Theseus

It was not in Malikis best interest to pass the budget...nothing in it for him. THis is a new government...they understand the importance and I feel have made major steps forward. I believe we will continue to see changes at what we will think are record speeds compared to the "old guard".

I have a lot of faith in the now gov. I think it may take some time, but I have been waiting this long I am highly encouraged by what is being posted in the news articles on a daily basis. I am NOT saying tomorrow, but IMO things are moving faster than they have in a very very long time

• Upvote 3

It was not in Malikis best interest to pass the budget...nothing in it for him. THis is a new government...they understand the importance and I feel have made major steps forward. I believe we will continue to see changes at what we will think are record speeds compared to the "old guard".

I have a lot of faith in the now gov. I think it may take some time, but I have been waiting this long I am highly encouraged by what is being posted in the news articles on a daily basis. I am NOT saying tomorrow, but IMO things are moving faster than they have in a very very long time

I wish there was a like button here like FB.. Would make this so much easier!

• Upvote 2

DISCUSSING the budget.

Doesn't mean taking action, passing, voting or anything.

Makes me wonder what the hell Parliament has been DISCUSSING these last few months!

UNSCO adopts resolution to ban smuggling Iraqi antiquities

---- WOW they're like 10 years too late on that one!