Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Who are the FINAL 4 COLLEGE FOOTBALL TEAMS for 2014 going to be?

DiveDeepSix

Ok, I know it's early in the season, but what are y'alls thoughts on who the final 4 NCAA college football teams are going to be for this year's playoff system?

My picks:  Nebraska (I'm biased and the media hates us so got to root for the underdog), Oklahoma, Alabama, Oregon or Florida State a toss up on the last one I think one or both of them will lose at least one game!

nebraska-logo.gif

• Upvote 1

Nebraska , Alabama , Louisiana ,  t.c.u.  texas Christian <-------- a long shot

I would have put  Mississippi state ,  but I do think  they will be in top  15 finals

Good picks, I like TCU, actually they are the only Texas team I like!!  :D  :lol:  :lol:  We'll find out if Miss. State is for real soon enough as well! 

Edited by DiveDeepSix

Bama, Free Shoe University, Oregon......can't decide on the 4th.  No team will come out of the BIG 10 unbeaten, so if a one loss team can get in.....it will be Sparty.  Ughh....just threw up in my mouth a little bit.   :drool: 

GO RV, and NO BV

I think we can beat Sparty, it will be our biggest test this year, our problem is it's not the big ones that get us, the ones that scare me are the games we are supposed to blowout someone!!!  Besides how can a true Meatchicken fan cheer for the Spartans now go rinse your mouth out with some lacquer thinner or something!!  :D  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

• Upvote 2

I think we can beat Sparty, it will be our biggest test this year, our problem is it's not the big ones that get us, the ones that scare me are the games we are supposed to blowout someone!!!  Besides how can a true Meatchicken fan cheer for the Spartans now go rinse your mouth out with some lacquer thinner or something!!  :D  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Your Huskers have Sparty and the Badgers........on the road.  You've already lost and you don't even know it.  I wish you luck though, brother.   :peace: 

GO RV, and NO BV

• Upvote 1

Your Huskers have Sparty and the Badgers........on the road.  You've already lost and you don't even know it.  I wish you luck though, brother.   :peace: 

GO RV, and NO BV

I know they are both away, but we are "supposed" to win in Lincoln, and we are "supposed" to blow some teams out, those are the ones that I worry about.  I'd rather go in with the odds against us and come out good then lose to somebody like ........................... Illinois, Minnesota, My lady's school of handicapped gardeners .............................. Michigan.............. <_<  :D  :lol:  :lol:  :peace: Couldn't resist!!

Edited by DiveDeepSix
  • Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...

WOW the top 25 continue to get shaken up, and the media is still fawning over their beloved overrated SEC!!!  The more things change the more they stay the same!!  What a great year so far in college football!!!  :twothumbs: 

GO RV, and NO BV

I think we will be seeing old Sparty in the big10 championship, if they can get past Ohio State.  Hey if you are bored buddy look up "Clapgate" on Youtube!!!  <_<  :D  :lol:  :lol: 

Eastern Washington!!!

<_<  :)    :twothumbs: 

Looks like the media is up to the same old tricks, keep enough SEC teams high enough in their made up poll, to keep at least some of them there when they all start losing and imploding on each other! :rolleyes:  At least the Coaches poll looks a bit more accurate.

Edited by DiveDeepSix

Just be glad the best teams can't come out of the same conference....The SEC would spank that a$$...

If I recall correctly Skeet, the SEC's best took a beatdown in the bowls last year Bama lost to Oklahoma, Auburn lost to Florida St, heck even us unrated Huskers threw Georgia a beating!!!  LSU played Iowa ............... really? Iowa? j/k It was a good game.  This year so far we've had SC beat Georgia, then lose to Missouri, who then lost to Indiana  <_< I know right? Indiana!!  :D  :lol:  :lol: Bama could have just as well lost in their one point win over Arkansas, who I believe could be really good in a year or so.  Anyway that's why we watch the games!!  :peace: 

Here's where everyone stands after this week's coach's poll, I'd post the AP poll but it's all biased BS from them trying to remain relevant!! 

Top 25 coaches' poll (through Oct. 18 games)

(first-place votes in parentheses)

1. Mississippi State 6-0 (36), 1,520  Last week: 1

2. Florida State 7-0 (22), 1,493  Last week: 2

3. Mississippi 7-0 (4), 1,447  Last week: 3

4. Alabama 6-1, 1,293  Last week: 7

5. Michigan State 6-1, 1,243  Last week: 6

6. Auburn 5-1, 1,210  Last week: 8

7. Oregon 6-1, 1,133  Last week: Toss up pick of mine between them and Florida State

8. Notre Dame 6-1, 1,117  Last week: 5

9. Georgia 6-1, 1,096  Last week: 10

10. TCU 5-1, 996  Last week: 12

11. Kansas State 5-1, 909  Last week: 14

12. Ohio State 5-1, 856  Last week: 13

13. Baylor 6-1, 853  Last week: 4

14. Arizona State 5-1, 654  Last week: 18

15. Arizona 5-1, 612  Last week: 17

16. Nebraska 6-1, 588  Last week: 19 GO BIG RED!!!

17. East Carolina 5-1, 578  Last week: 16

18. Oklahoma 5-2, 482  Last week: 11

19. Utah 5-1, 371  Last week: 23

20. Clemson 5-2, 320  Last week: 22

21. USC 5-2, 258  Last week: 25

22. Marshall 7-0, 247  Last week: 24

23. LSU 6-2, 155  Last week: NR

24. Minnesota 6-1, 147  Last week: NR

25. West Virginia 5-2, 143  Last week: NR

Also Receiving Votes

Oklahoma State 141; Duke 116; UCLA 107; Missouri 23; Colorado State 18; Wisconsin 17; Washington 5; Stanford 2

Schools Dropped Out

No. 15 Oklahoma State, No. 20 Stanford and No. 21 Texas A&M

Edited by DiveDeepSix
  • Upvote 1

DiveDeepSix....Dawg, I rated your article 5-Star before I read your post for the simple reason, I understand it's hard to see good football up in ''Hockey'' land...it's impressive to see yall finally figured out ya can't bring them stick out on the field and still call it a fair game...lol....I'm still PO'ed bout Sabine goin' back to Bama....I don't think T-Granny would appreciate me tellin' ya what my opinion of Les Miles...I'm goin to have to curl up with the ''SnowGlobe'' this year....LSU has shot their self in the foot again. They were young last year with 11 starting rookies but had as good a chance as anyone else with their talent but made the predicted rookie mistakes. This year with second year players we had higher hopes with a year seasoned team. Hell they played better last year as freshmen. LSU has had big yardage plays against them that all you could ask was ''What were they thinkin''...We don't get pushed around...we mostly get out coached....This year I have faith in Miles.... he'll show Sabine a thing or two and get past the 50 yard line...I have to laugh to keep from cryin'....lmao

• Upvote 1