Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

"Big Bank"

Francie26

I have read "bank stories" on here for a long time, and now, I finally have one of my own.  I recently moved to Florida, and yesterday I went to Wells Fargo to open an account, thinking it would be good to have a little history with them before the dinar RV's.  DUH!!  After I put my money into those accounts, I asked her, "If I have some foreign currency I want to exchange, is that possible here?" She said, "Yes, you can exchange any currency you want here. We will be glad to help you with it. What currency do you own?"  I replied that I would rather not say.  Then she stared at me uncomprehendingly for a moment before saying, "Oh, well. We will help you with it. Unless it's the Iraqi dinar. We do not handle that. And we don't, won't, and never will cash it in. Never! never! never!"  She was so adamant that I was stunned. I left there, still leaving my money in those accounts for now.  However, since my main reason for choosing WF was to have my money in an international bank so I would be ready when the RV occurs, I want to change banks (again)  in the next couple of days--still for the same reason.  So where do I go now? This is a little bit funny, even to me, but I still need advise before I dump my money into another "big" bank. Or is using an international bank even important any longer?

• Upvote 2

I have read "bank stories" on here for a long time, and now, I finally have one of my own.  I recently moved to Florida, and yesterday I went to Wells Fargo to open an account, thinking it would be good to have a little history with them before the dinar RV's.  DUH!!  After I put my money into those accounts, I asked her, "If I have some foreign currency I want to exchange, is that possible here?" She said, "Yes, you can exchange any currency you want here. We will be glad to help you with it. What currency do you own?"  I replied that I would rather not say.  Then she stared at me uncomprehendingly for a moment before saying, "Oh, well. We will help you with it. Unless it's the Iraqi dinar. We do not handle that. And we don't, won't, and never will cash it in. Never! never! never!"  She was so adamant that I was stunned. I left there, still leaving my money in those accounts for now.  However, since my main reason for choosing WF was to have my money in an international bank so I would be ready when the RV occurs, I want to change banks (again)  in the next couple of days--still for the same reason.  So where do I go now? This is a little bit funny, even to me, but I still need advise before I dump my money into another "big" bank. Or is using an international bank even important any longer?

Grazie for sharing, Francie.

Is this your personal experience? I am a wells fargo customer also. Don't like the sound of that...

But you know they have been singing that song for some time now, moose......

thanks for sharing,

wow she said never, never, never, no, 

didn't know my wife worked at a bank

mmmm weird   :shrug:

rotflmao.....

I think too many people put too much focus on larger banks being able to better serve the customer. All small local banks are allied with a larger bank. It has been that way for many years dating back to the 70's and before. I used to work for a bank back then. The larger banks look for the smaller banks to do business with, to park money overnight, buying loans, providing services that the smaller banks don't want to handle, and a number of other things. If you do business with a smaller bank and you start talking 7 figure transactions, they can get the job done and will if they get a small piece of the pie. And the service is much better and more personal. I do business with a small local bank and have wired money around the world with no problem and usually with no cost. So big is not always better.

• Upvote 1

Yes, it was my personal experience.  But now, the bigger question is: Should I close that account and go back to my smaller bank, which had always satisfied me, except that I thought I needed an international bank.  But it seems not. Sounds like a smaller bank is really the best bet after all.

Bought mine at a BOK. Just check to see if your bank does currency exchanges. If they do you are fine. Even if they do not..they will send it to one that does...at that point it becomes a comfort thing...heck I spoke with someone a while back that said it if hits at over $3 he was driving to new york to cash is a the exchange...he said no wait time there lol