Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraqi PM: Plot uncovered to attack New York, Paris Subways

k98nights

Iraqi PM: Plot uncovered to attack New York, Paris Subways

Associated Press

Posted: 09/25/2014 08:35:50 AM PDT0 Comments | Updated: about 2 hours ago

NEW YORK -- Iraq's prime minister says his country's intelligence operation has uncovered a plot for an imminent attack on subway systems in United States and Paris.

Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi said he was told of the plot by Baghdad on Thursday, and that it was the work of foreign fighters of the Islamic State group in Iraq. Asked if the attack was imminent, he said, "Yes."

Asked if the attacked had been thwarted, he said, "No." Al-Abadi said the United States had been alerted.

He made the remarks at a meeting with journalists on the sidelines of a gathering of world leaders at the United Nations General Assembly.

http://www.mercurynews.com/nation-world/ci_26603966/iraqi-pm-plot-uncovered-attack-new-york-paris

• Upvote 2

CNN. Broadcasting While The Shiite Just Got Real !

TERRORISM Iraqi intelligence uncovers ISIS plot to attack US, Paris subways, PM says
Published September 25, 2014

Iraq's intelligence operation has uncovered a plot for an attack on subway systems in the United States and Paris, the country's prime minister said Thursday.

Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi said he was told of the plot by Baghdad, and that it was the work of foreign fighters of the Islamic State group in Iraq. There was no immediate comment from Washington or Paris, and al-Abadi's assertion could not be independently confirmed.

Asked if the attacks were imminent, he said, "I'm not sure." Asked if the attacks had been thwarted, he said, "No." Al-Abadi said the United States had been alerted, and that the suspects included extremists from the United States and France who were fighting for the Islamic State group in Iraq.

"Today, while I'm here I'm receiving accurate reports from Baghdad that there were arrests of a few elements and there were networks from inside Iraq to have attacks ... on metros of Paris and U.S.," al-Abadi said, speaking in English. "They are not Iraqis. Some of them are French, some of them are Americans. But they are in Iraq."

He made the remarks at a meeting with journalists on the sidelines of a gathering of world leaders at the United Nations General Assembly.

"We have not confirmed such a plot, and would have to review any information from our Iraqi partners before making further determinations," National Security Council spokeswoman Caitlin Hayden said. "We take any threat seriously and always work to corroborate information we receive from our partners. We’re obviously very focused on the issue of foreign fighters, as you saw evidenced yesterday at the Security Council session the President chaired." 

"We are aware of the Iraqi Prime Minister's statements and we are in close contact with the FBI and other federal partners as we assess this particular threat stream," New York Police Department Deputy Commissioner of Intelligence and Counterterrorism John Miller said in a statement Thursday. "New York City normally operates at a heightened level of security and we adjust that posture daily based on our evaluation of information as we receive it."

New York Governor Andrew Cuomo said Thursday his administration is treating the report "with the utmost precaution." 

"Our administration has been coordinating at a high level with local, state and federal partners. I want to assure the people of New York that we are monitoring these reports closely and are in close communication with officials in Washington," he said. 
The Islamic State extremists' blitz in Iraq and Syria prompted the United State to launch airstrikes in Iraq last month, to aid Kurdish forces who were battling the militants and to protect religious minorities.

In addition to the brutality Islamic State has visited on the people in Iraq and Syria, western leaders have voiced concern that the group would move its terror operations outside the region.

This week, the U.S. and five allied Arab states expanded the aerial campaign into Syria, where the militant group is battling President Bashar Assad's forces as well as Western-backed rebels.

The Associated Press contributed to this report. 

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

9:48: 09/25/2014

abadi_25092014b.jpg

Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi

Khandan - a spokeswoman for the National Security Council, The White House was not aware of a plot of specific elements Daash to attack networks Metro French and American, referred to by the Iraqi Prime Minister Haider al-Abadi earlier in the day on Thursday. said spokeswoman Caitlin Hayden said in a statement "We have seen reports statements of Prime Minister al-Abadi. did not confirm such a conspiracy, and we will have to review any information from our Iraqi partners before issuing the provisions of the other. " It was Abadi announced that Iraq had received intelligence information credible that elements Daash planning to carry out attacks on the metro networks in Paris and the United States. said Abadi on Thursday to a group of American reporters "today .. while I'm here .. getting accurate reports from Baghdad, where they arrested a few elements and networks are planned from inside Iraq to carry out attacks." added Abadi: "They are planning attacks in metro networks in Paris and the United States" He continued, saying: "I have received details .. Yes seem credible." Abbadi said he had received information on Thursday morning in New York.

The kind of attack I would expect, where something as small as poison gas would be very effective.  However, this is also the kind of Red Herring I would expect Isis to "leak" so the average westerner will "quake in their boots" and beg our governments to leave the nice murderous extremists alone.

The headlines stating we are at war were NOT exaggerating.  However, I think we will eventually need to involve our ground troops.  Not doing so encourages Isis to believe we will NOT do whatever it takes to END them.

Victory, then Peace and Prosperity

• Upvote 2

It is interesting to see the networks talking to US Gov officials and they are all down playing the threat. I am certain they are upset that PM spoke and advised the world of the threat. We the people have the right to know about the threats and to be aware to be aware. But this should be something we all should do anyway. However, we don't. We walk around and never notice what is going on around us. I would be surprised to learn it has slowed anyone down from using the subway system.

But you are right, we shouldn't be in fear of them. If we did then they have already won without even doing anything. IMO

• Upvote 3

Of course the White House & Media down play this threat. Many American's do not want anything to interfer with their daily lives. Machine guns in public scare people. Guns in general scare some!

America is a ripe apple sitting in a big tree! We have done little or nothing to prepare for terrorist attacks! We count on CIA/FBI & Intelligence to defeat the enemy overseas before they get to our shores. All we have in place are plans to react to an attack.

Individually I think many Americans realize the danger. That's why the sale of AR-15's has skyrocketed. Why ammunition is so hard to find.

Edited by gymrat76541