Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Mr. President, you are wrong!

Nelg

It is hard for many people to see that a religion can be so cruel, sadistic, and murderous when taken to the extreme.  The "letter of the law" kills even in the most peaceful of religions.  One starts thinking that they are doing the will of their god, when in reality it is their human flesh and desires that they are following.  

"Conscious" is a deceptive tool and can justify as good the most horrendous acts.  Beware.  

• Upvote 6

Thanks Maja.  Good stuff!  

I do a series on Islam, but not as much of the political emphasis as Dr. Warner.

Remember Christianity during the Reformation and during the Dark Ages. If you didn't believe then you were tortured, (drawn and quartered, put on the Rack and other pleasantries) and killed. All in the name of Christ. No religion is exempt in the face of zealotry and fanaticism.

Did you watch the video of Dr. Warner?

So everyone falls for the oldest lie in the book.  We are all gods.

Hey uncirculd, I understand the "oldest lie", which is "you shall be like God."  But what do you mean by "We are all gods."?  Just an inquiry, I really want to know. 

Remember Christianity during the Reformation and during the Dark Ages. If you didn't believe then you were tortured, (drawn and quartered, put on the Rack and other pleasantries) and killed. All in the name of Christ. No religion is exempt in the face of zealotry and fanaticism.

But this behavoir isn't encouraged or found written in the Bible. 

• Upvote 1

You can quote the Reformation during the Dark Ages because there is a history of that period of time put down in books. History of Islam has been revised so many times most don't even know it anymore. While Christianity has moved on and reformed so that these practices are no longer being practiced today, you fail to make the correlation between Christianity and Islam in this manner. This is why. Islam has never reformed towards the stopping of practices that took place during the time of their prophet and some would even say time before their prophet. Crucifixion, while attributed to Romans is more associated with Christianity, is still practiced in the ME today. Christianity was separated from the state. Islam has always controlled the state and has never let its grip up from this control. The Dark Ages in Islam means something totally different than the Western Civilization Dark Ages. Reformation during the dark ages in Western Civilization was brought about by invaders into Christian lands but it went amok and eventually it turned onto its own people. You will hear that the Renaissance was brought about by Islam, this is furthest from the truth. Renaissance was brought about by Spain freeing itself from Islamic rule. Islam will claim all the great inventions but what they don't tell you is that Islam conquered these people converted them to Islam or killed them and assimilated that technology as their own. Not much has come out of the ME except for oil since the 18th century.

Should you attempt to say that well the USA stole lands, make sure you know which lands Islam stole on the Arabian Pennisula because I can start naming them off. The USA has dealt with Islam since its inception, the Barbary Pirates were muslim. Not many knows the connection in the Marine Anthem to Islam in this tidbit of our national history.

Like I said Millie, Christianity reformed, Islam has not. There is a cry for Islam to reform, but this is falling on deaf ears because so-called moderate muslims will not speak out for fear of being called an apostate or even worse, have committed shirk.  

Edited by Theseus
  • Upvote 3

It is hard for many people to see that a religion can be so cruel, sadistic, and murderous when taken to the extreme.  The "letter of the law" kills even in the most peaceful of religions.  One starts thinking that they are doing the will of their god, when in reality it is their human flesh and desires that they are following.  

"Conscious" is a deceptive tool and can justify as good the most horrendous acts.  Beware.  

Amen to that!!! I am so grateful that my Christianity was not typified  by the brutal murders of hundreds of thousands during the Christian reformation / Crusades,... or characterized by Tim McVeigh when he blew up Oklahoma.. I can only guess how much destruction that would have delivered if the internet were around when he planted those bombs in the name of Christ and killed all those kids... At the same time,  I can't even imagine what it would like if the non-Christian world thought David Koresh and his constant Bible quoting and "Christian" justification reflected the teachings of the Bible..... Again, I'm grateful the internet was not real widely available... The Christian sect using live snakes is all over the internet, especially after head preacher guy died, The whacko group that shows up at Veteran's funerals with mourners having to be protected by the Hell's Angels... ugh... There are even formally organized Nazi groups proclaiming Christianity at the center of their fundamental beliefs... all over the internet...ewwwwww  And then there's the whole Mormon sect of child bride  pedophilia and multiple wives thing.....  .

Of course we / Christians know that none of that represents the written Word of the Bible as practiced by non-radical extreme Christian groups... I can't even imagine how sick and defeated I would feel if the whole non-Christian world.... who really didn't know Christianity beyond what they were told... if they thought those extreme practices represented my religion..... It would be really sad.....

In any event, I thought his comment about separation of Church and State was an interesting solution regarding the ME. The essence of that is a right protected by our Constitution.... something ME people don't have protecting them... It occurred to me that once again, the wisdom of our forefathers continues to shine brightly on the brilliance of what they put in place as the foundation of our country.....

The kid had an interesting perspective and view and it would be interesting to know more about his background in terms of religious development and practice.... I noticed at one point he mentioned Sunni and Islam, and I was wondering if that was at the specific exclusion of Shia,.... was it specific to Sunni... why separate out this sect from the others?.... And the one question still unresolved for me in this and many other views being shared these days... the one thing I can't quite reconcile... or at least remains a question.... (not just this thread, ... in general)...

The US is currently the only... the only non-Arab country in a partnership of military engagement and weapons deployment in Syria... There are no western or European countries participating in the military engagement of Syria..... All of our allies are Arab, and therein, all of our allies fighting alongside us are Muslim.... Clearly stated, the entire military population serving as Allies with the US... are Muslim....

So what exactly are our brains supposed to do with that relative to what this kid is saying... He's very clear that the all Muslims are Islam... and want to kill the infidel and etc etc... Yet the entire allied force joining the US... is Muslim... The question is by no means rhetorical... not in any sense.... Odds are almost exclusively... if I am in battle and conducting air strikes, the person covering my 6 will be a Muslim.... What in the sam hill is my brain supposed to do with that.... What do I do about the Muslim ally who is on my side fighting this vein of the war, and who is protecting me from harm?!?!  In fact its happening in Iraq  as well though western participation reduces very very very slightly the probability that I would be fighting alongside this generalized group of Islam people who categorically hate me... How does that work? Maybe I will email and ask him... .

Throwing everybody into one pot and painting them with this broad brush stroke of all being he same... does not in any way reconcile that we are taking our entire ally force from that exact same pot... And fighting side by side with them against a common enemy..... I am putting my life on the line and into the same hands, shoulder to shoulder.... and.. well.....  how in the sam hill is that supposed to work?!?!?  .  

ps: to my tribe peeps

Happy Rosh Hashanah

• Upvote 2

Hey uncirculd, I understand the "oldest lie", which is "you shall be like God."  But what do you mean by "We are all gods."?  Just an inquiry, I really want to know. 

The same thing.   So many lies and deceiving going on and people are believing them.  It's sad.  But, the same thing as the apple in the garden of eden.   You take that "you shall be like God" and you take the verse were christ said "with faith of a mustard seed you can move mountains".  People think they are Gods and just can't tap that energy.  Wrong, mountains I believe are referred to as Nations.    

You see the video you bring speaks the truth.  The patterns are overwhelming that something is not right with the extreme hatred of those folks., and that the so called peaceful religion is barbaric.  People want to go back in history and talk smack about the other freaks in religions but guess what.  we can't call them out cause we weren't there.  But,. we are here and now and we can call them out.  I just get sick of folks trying to do the ah ha got ya.  I love people, when I see people who hate this much, I can't call them human.  It's beyond my comprehension.   I think O knows good and well what the hadith says and what the religion teaches.  I also think he knows that some mosques or outside mosques  they teach love of each other in islam all others are infidels.   There are many good folks who are muslim/islamic, but they are considered what I call here a sunday/wednesday christian.    That's all.  I didn't want to write a book.

The same thing.   So many lies and deceiving going on and people are believing them.  It's sad.  But, the same thing as the apple in the garden of eden.   You take that "you shall be like God" and you take the verse were christ said "with faith of a mustard seed you can move mountains".  People think they are Gods and just can't tap that energy.  Wrong, mountains I believe are referred to as Nations.    

You see the video you bring speaks the truth.  The patterns are overwhelming that something is not right with the extreme hatred of those folks., and that the so called peaceful religion is barbaric.  People want to go back in history and talk smack about the other freaks in religions but guess what.  we can't call them out cause we weren't there.  But,. we are here and now and we can call them out.  I just get sick of folks trying to do the ah ha got ya.  I love people, when I see people who hate this much, I can't call them human.  It's beyond my comprehension.   I think O knows good and well what the hadith says and what the religion teaches.  I also think he knows that some mosques or outside mosques  they teach love of each other in islam all others are infidels.   There are many good folks who are muslim/islamic, but they are considered what I call here a sunday/wednesday christian.    That's all.  I didn't want to write a book.

"Ah, got ya."  Couldn't resist.   :eyebrows:  

I see what you are saying and I agree with you.  Thanks.

Amen to that!!! I am so grateful that my Christianity was not typified  by the brutal murders of hundreds of thousands during the Christian reformation / Crusades,... or characterized by Tim McVeigh when he blew up Oklahoma.. I can only guess how much destruction that would have delivered if the internet were around when he planted those bombs in the name of Christ and killed all those kids... At the same time,  I can't even imagine what it would like if the non-Christian world thought David Koresh and his constant Bible quoting and "Christian" justification reflected the teachings of the Bible..... Again, I'm grateful the internet was not real widely available... The Christian sect using live snakes is all over the internet, especially after head preacher guy died, The whacko group that shows up at Veteran's funerals with mourners having to be protected by the Hell's Angels... ugh... There are even formally organized Nazi groups proclaiming Christianity at the center of their fundamental beliefs... all over the internet...ewwwwww  And then there's the whole Mormon sect of child bride  pedophilia and multiple wives thing.....  .

Of course we / Christians know that none of that represents the written Word of the Bible as practiced by non-radical extreme Christian groups... I can't even imagine how sick and defeated I would feel if the whole non-Christian world.... who really didn't know Christianity beyond what they were told... if they thought those extreme practices represented my religion..... It would be really sad.....

In any event, I thought his comment about separation of Church and State was an interesting solution regarding the ME. The essence of that is a right protected by our Constitution.... something ME people don't have protecting them... It occurred to me that once again, the wisdom of our forefathers continues to shine brightly on the brilliance of what they put in place as the foundation of our country.....

The kid had an interesting perspective and view and it would be interesting to know more about his background in terms of religious development and practice.... I noticed at one point he mentioned Sunni and Islam, and I was wondering if that was at the specific exclusion of Shia,.... was it specific to Sunni... why separate out this sect from the others?.... And the one question still unresolved for me in this and many other views being shared these days... the one thing I can't quite reconcile... or at least remains a question.... (not just this thread, ... in general)...

The US is currently the only... the only non-Arab country in a partnership of military engagement and weapons deployment in Syria... There are no western or European countries participating in the military engagement of Syria..... All of our allies are Arab, and therein, all of our allies fighting alongside us are Muslim.... Clearly stated, the entire military population serving as Allies with the US... are Muslim....

So what exactly are our brains supposed to do with that relative to what this kid is saying... He's very clear that the all Muslims are Islam... and want to kill the infidel and etc etc... Yet the entire allied force joining the US... is Muslim... The question is by no means rhetorical... not in any sense.... Odds are almost exclusively... if I am in battle and conducting air strikes, the person covering my 6 will be a Muslim.... What in the sam hill is my brain supposed to do with that.... What do I do about the Muslim ally who is on my side fighting this vein of the war, and who is protecting me from harm?!?!  In fact its happening in Iraq  as well though western participation reduces very very very slightly the probability that I would be fighting alongside this generalized group of Islam people who categorically hate me... How does that work? Maybe I will email and ask him... .

Throwing everybody into one pot and painting them with this broad brush stroke of all being he same... does not in any way reconcile that we are taking our entire ally force from that exact same pot... And fighting side by side with them against a common enemy..... I am putting my life on the line and into the same hands, shoulder to shoulder.... and.. well.....  how in the sam hill is that supposed to work?!?!?  .  

ps: to my tribe peeps

Happy Rosh Hashanah

Mutual enemies make strange bedfellows.  History is replete with enemies joining together to battle a mutual threat . . . until the job is done.  Then those same "allies" are turning their guns in our direction. Aka. Russia after the war with Germany.  In this case it is a "religion" and the zeal which they have toward this "radical" group does not nullify their dedication to their belief system.  The Zealots and the Pharisees and Sadducees had their radical differences, yet they came together against the  Roman occupation.  

Even though Islamic nations are our allies now, we need to "cover our 6" immediately after we leave the battle field. JMO.  

• Upvote 1