Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Nadita,

Glad all is okay.  You can pick up a magnetic key box at any hardware store.  They also have the kind with velcro if you have trouble finding a metal part to attach to under your car.  Most car insurance offers road side assistance, kind of like AAA.  I have the road side assistance.  You call and they have someone local come open your door.

Nadita - glad you made it through your ordeal.  I did the the same basic thing when my daughter was young. Then I started carrying a spare key in my wallet - which works great if your a guy. Most guys don't leave their wallet in the car - unlike your purse.

The magnetic/velcro key boxes also work well. Just have to find the right spot on the car. Mine was usually the passenger side bumper someplace.

I have also learned - too successfully - how to get into a lot of cars with a little ingenuity and a Leatherman multi tool. Had a friend of mine lock her keys in her car last summer, and was getting ready to call the locksmith to come out. I told her to let me try - and give me 3 minutes.

2 minutes, 17 seconds later, her passenger door was unlocked.  Not going to reveal the tricks of the trade here - but suffice it to say it works for a LOT of the models of vehicles currently on the road.

Nadita - +1  I have been gone all day and was caught in one of the worst & hardest rains I have even been in - you could not see  right in front of you it was so heavy -  It was pretty scarey and cars  were either  barely moving or had pulled off the road - 

I am glad you are ok - when I first started reading your last paragraph I thought  it was from a news story I had just read last week - the same thing happened to a lady but the police would not come out -   I think the police officer or the one that took the 911 call  was reprimanded  -

Again, glad things turned out ok   - I was  also concerned   and I have missed the spin - I  want  them everyday -- lol  you have spoiled some  of us!!

Oh and BTW I wrote you a very long PM and somehow clicked on something and lost it -  I  cried   and was so mad - I made  2 attempts to rewrite it but was just not the same - I will  make up for it though soon -- {{HUGS}}

Uneek :)

I called 911 lol and still took them 20 minutes to come to unlock the door :)  

Yep.. writing pm can be frustrating.. I know what you mean :)  well..whenever you have time, I will look forward to that long pm :)

Wow what a day! So happy it all worked out. :)

Puck :)

Good to see you :)  yes it was quite a day lol

• Upvote 1

Rod :)

Question.. where did you buy the magnetic key box? and where did you put it on the car?  I have the spare key but in my purse lol it didn't help because it was in the car too :)

You can buy them at any automotive store or key cutting department at Lowe's or Home Depot....just don't use your credit card at Home Depot as they have been hacked! It's hard to find metal on most cars now a days but you can reach up under the bumper and attach it to the frame that holds the bumper....hope that never happens to you again dear!!!