Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Ferguson video shows witness saying Michael Brown's hands were raised

umbertino

Thank You Umberto... I won't copy the whole article per the Guardian's request...

These excerpts were interesting and the video looks like it will be very relevant to the case.  IMHO

"Video of the moments after black teenager Michael Brown was fatally shot by a white police officer in Ferguson, Missouri, indicates that a witness on the scene said the unarmed 18-year-old's hands were raised when he was killed.

The cell phone footage, released by CNN, of two construction workers at the scene early last month appears to support accounts by other witnesses that Brown was retreating or surrendering when he was shot by Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson, legal experts said on Friday.

The video shows one of the men raising his hands immediately after the fatal shooting and shouting, "He had his f*ckin' hands up."

The man told CNN he heard a gunshot, then another about 30 seconds later. "The cop didn't say get on the ground. He just kept shooting," said the unnamed contractor. He added that he saw Brown's fatal head wound and repeated that the teenager's "hands were up".

The men told CNN they were 50ft (15m) away when Wilson opened fire. The second man said he saw Brown running away from a police car. The teenager "put his hands up", and "the officer was chasing him". Wilson then fired a shot at Brown while his back was turned."

"The workers in the video footage are not from Ferguson and were employed by a business from Jefferson county, south of St Louis.

Benjamin Crump, the lawyer for Brown's family, said both workers came forward and told the family their account of the shooting. He described the video as "of paramount significance".

"Not because they were not residents of Ferguson, and not because the construction workers were caucasian, but because it is a contemporaneous recording of their immediate actions of what they had just witnessed," Crump said. "It's the best evidence you can have other than a video of the actual shooting itself."

Ed Magee, spokesman for St Louis county prosecutor Bob McCulloch, said the workers were among witnesses interviewed by authorities and were "part of the investigation".

The video would likely be admissible evidence before the grand jury, along with the workers' testimony, said Peter Joy, a professor at Washington University's school of law in St Louis.

"The thing that strikes me is we actually have a film of what's going on and while it's hard to hear the construction workers say what they're saying, you have one construction worker putting his hands up in the air, which appears to be him demonstrating what he's seeing," Joy said.

Figures published last year by Missouri's attorney general showed seven black drivers were stopped by police in the city for every white driver, and that 12 times as many searches were carried out on black drivers as white drivers.

It was reported last month that about 13% of Ferguson's officers have faced investigations into alleged use of excessive force – compared to a national average estimated at about 0.5%.

I like this comment at the bottom of your link the best

Exclusive footage of witness' account of what happened. Give me a break, I'll wait for real news thanks.

I didn't see the comment you are talking about... I thought this one was good.

BobDare JasonMarriner_1

"You don't think the possible execution of a teenager in the world's 'foremost democracy' is worth having a discussion over? Would you rather it was swept under the carpet or something?"

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

"You don't think the possible execution of a teenager in the world's 'foremost democracy' is worth having a discussion over? Would you rather it was swept under the carpet or something?"

Ya, just like the other witness that said he had his hands up and was shot fo no reason in the back!  Only to find out she was in the shower when the shots were fired and didn't see anything.

Witnesses have already said they SEEN Brown attack the cop in the cop car and punch him in the head when shots started firing Brown was backing away from the car (after assaulting the cop, whose eye socket was now severely damaged) I'm sure the punk did back off when he seen the cop had control of his gun.  Forensics all prove this to be true as all shots came from the front (not the BACK).

Some here just can't get over the fact that another thug (on his way from a robbery) is off the streets thanks to this officer!!  :bravo:

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

quote:

BobDare JasonMarriner_1

Very Deceptive Of DD6... The Way He Quoted My Post Implying I Said Someone Else's Quote...

Not Appreciated Nor Ethical.

Edited by Maggie123
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Very Deceptive Of DD6... The Way He Quoted My Post Implying I Said Someone Else's Quote...

Maggie.... Grazie for copying part of the article..I didn't do it myself out of laziness, I admit.... The Guardian still allows   it ( so far)....It's the Daily Telegraph which prohibited the copy-and-paste....

Grazie for everything you do.

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

My bad, maybe you should have changed colors or something because everyone who reads it thinks it's you, not my problem.

Edited by DiveDeepSix
  • Upvote 1

Ya, just like the other witness that said he had his hands up and was shot fo no reason in the back!  Only to find out she was in the shower when the shots were fired and didn't see anything.

Witnesses have already said they SEEN Brown attack the cop in the cop car and punch him in the head when shots started firing Brown was backing away from the car (after assaulting the cop, whose eye socket was now severely damaged) I'm sure the punk did back off when he seen the cop had control of his gun.  Forensics all prove this to be true as all shots came from the front (not the BACK).

Some here just can't get over the fact that another thug (on his way from a robbery) is off the streets thanks to this officer!!  :bravo:

So you choose to just believe twisted hype put out by the bought and controlled media?

The man did not just go and ATTACK the cop. In fact, it was the COP who instigated the whole thing by him attacking those two young men merely because they were walking on the street. It was the COP who first grab him that caused the struggle between. It was the COP who went for his gun and caused it to go off during the struggle. The STORY about the cop's eye socket is also hyped up.

There is absolutely no justification in any way shape or form that can justify the MURDER of this young man. It has also come out that he did not rob any store and is reported that he did in fact pay for those cigars. The bought and controlled media used that tape showing the confrontation between him and the store owner to use that to accuse him of having stolen cigars.

Even IF he did steal anything and even IF he did cause the damage they lied about to that cop, that does not justify cold blooded murder! It does not justify shooting someone SIX TIMES!

What you don't know and what the media does not report is the FACT these cops have been told to SHOOT TO KILL any time they just merely perceive any problem. This was exposed when a man went to the State trooper office in North Carolina and SEEN a sign posted right on the door INSTRUCTING COPS TO SHOOT AND KILL ANYONE! No one was suppose to see that. It was in the back room, but this guy seen it when he was taken to an office in back of the station. And a State trooper in that same State DID shoot and kill a 72 year old man he had stopped for a routine traffic stop. He did exactly what his superiors had INSTRUCTED HIM TO DO! SHOOT AND KILL ANYONE! The old man reached for his CANE he depends on to walk with and the cop opened fired shooting and killing him!

This is not some isolated indecent that happened.  This is a MAJOR MAJOR problem sweeping across this nation where cops are completely out of control! They are MURDERING people all across this nation. And after having discovered the FACT these cops are actually being instructed to go out and shoot and kill people only explains why this has gotten so out of control and so bad.

It has also come that new policies were put in place where ANYONE who scores about 100 on a IQ test CANNOT be hired as a police officer. ONLY those who score an IQ between 80 to 100 will be hired. The BS that was given for this new policy is that people who score above 100 tend to not remain employed as a cop and end up leaving the police force where those who score below 100 will stay on and make a life time career out of it. Of course the part about those who score above 100 end up leaving the force is likely true but they intentionally leave out the real reason that is. Which the reason is because those with an IQ above 100 eventually realize how wrong and corrupt everything has become with what they are being told to do that they end up quitting because they refuse to do what they are being told to do. The one's with an IQ below 100 are TOO STUPID to know any better and don't care. It's become a nation of borderline RETARDS being given guns and badges and turned loose on the general population. This incident here is actual proof of all this. This is a cop that is too stupid to be a cop and now he has murdered a young man in cold blood and half the people in this nation are justifying it because they believe the kid was a thug and thief.

Would you approve of people being convicted of a petty theft to be sentenced to death and fried in the electric chair? This young man did not even get the chance of having a fair trial before being sentenced to death. He was tried, convicted and executed by a thug cop in the middle of the street of a residential neighborhood, which by the way is in fact outside the jurisdiction of that cop! But this is another issue most are unaware about.

This here is a clear cut case of excessive force and unjustified homicide. I don't care if the kid stole cigars or not. I don't care if he punched some aggressive cop in the face or not. It does not give a cop a right to shoot and kill someone just because they wear a stinking badge. If a man is not able to control his own emotions he has no business being a cop, period! He clearly crossed the line.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

So you choose to just believe twisted hype put out by the bought and controlled media?

The man did not just go and ATTACK the cop. In fact, it was the COP who instigated the whole thing by him attacking those two young men merely because they were walking on the street. It was the COP who first grab him that caused the struggle between. It was the COP who went for his gun and caused it to go off during the struggle. The STORY about the cop's eye socket is also hyped up.

There is absolutely no justification in any way shape or form that can justify the MURDER of this young man. It has also come out that he did not rob any store and is reported that he did in fact pay for those cigars. The bought and controlled media used that tape showing the confrontation between him and the store owner to use that to accuse him of having stolen cigars.

Even IF he did steal anything and even IF he did cause the damage they lied about to that cop, that does not justify cold blooded murder! It does not justify shooting someone SIX TIMES!

What you don't know and what the media does not report is the FACT these cops have been told to SHOOT TO KILL any time they just merely perceive any problem. This was exposed when a man went to the State trooper office in North Carolina and SEEN a sign posted right on the door INSTRUCTING COPS TO SHOOT AND KILL ANYONE! No one was suppose to see that. It was in the back room, but this guy seen it when he was taken to an office in back of the station. And a State trooper in that same State DID shoot and kill a 72 year old man he had stopped for a routine traffic stop. He did exactly what his superiors had INSTRUCTED HIM TO DO! SHOOT AND KILL ANYONE! The old man reached for his CANE he depends on to walk with and the cop opened fired shooting and killing him!

This is not some isolated indecent that happened.  This is a MAJOR MAJOR problem sweeping across this nation where cops are completely out of control! They are MURDERING people all across this nation. And after having discovered the FACT these cops are actually being instructed to go out and shoot and kill people only explains why this has gotten so out of control and so bad.

It has also come that new policies were put in place where ANYONE who scores about 100 on a IQ test CANNOT be hired as a police officer. ONLY those who score an IQ between 80 to 100 will be hired. The BS that was given for this new policy is that people who score above 100 tend to not remain employed as a cop and end up leaving the police force where those who score below 100 will stay on and make a life time career out of it. Of course the part about those who score above 100 end up leaving the force is likely true but they intentionally leave out the real reason that is. Which the reason is because those with an IQ above 100 eventually realize how wrong and corrupt everything has become with what they are being told to do that they end up quitting because they refuse to do what they are being told to do. The one's with an IQ below 100 are TOO STUPID to know any better and don't care. It's become a nation of borderline RETARDS being given guns and badges and turned loose on the general population. This incident here is actual proof of all this. This is a cop that is too stupid to be a cop and now he has murdered a young man in cold blood and half the people in this nation are justifying it because they believe the kid was a thug and thief.

Would you approve of people being convicted of a petty theft to be sentenced to death and fried in the electric chair? This young man did not even get the chance of having a fair trial before being sentenced to death. He was tried, convicted and executed by a thug cop in the middle of the street of a residential neighborhood, which by the way is in fact outside the jurisdiction of that cop! But this is another issue most are unaware about.

This here is a clear cut case of excessive force and unjustified homicide. I don't care if the kid stole cigars or not. I don't care if he punched some aggressive cop in the face or not. It does not give a cop a right to shoot and kill someone just because they wear a stinking badge. If a man is not able to control his own emotions he has no business being a cop, period! He clearly crossed the line.

Hmmm sounds to me like you must have witnessed the whole thing I guess we will look forward to seeing your testimony in court very interesting.  Unfortunately all the evidence says otherwise from your account but time will tell! You attack a cop and punch him in the head what do you think is going to happen? Don't get me wrong I'm certainly no fan of law enforcement or our justice system, but this one sounds pretty cut and dry, another race baiting steaming pile of BS and then you have Obama and company fueling the fire!!!

mike-brown-riots-ferguson-missouri-urban

Edited by DiveDeepSix
  • Upvote 2

Hmmm sounds to me like you must have witnessed the whole thing I guess we will look forward to seeing your testimony in court very interesting.  Unfortunately all the evidence says otherwise from your account but time will tell! You attack a cop and punch him in the head what do you think is going to happen? Don't get me wrong I'm certainly no fan of law enforcement or our justice system, but this one sounds pretty cut and dry, another race baiting steaming pile of BS and then you have Obama and company fueling the fire!!!

mike-brown-riots-ferguson-missouri-urban

The cop is the one that instigated the whole thing. Two guys exercising their right to pursue happiness by walking down a residential street where some cop decides to interfere by confronting them for no reason at all other than to flex his ego just because he wears a gun and badge to tell them to get off the street in which he had no right to do. Then when the two guys exercise their right the ego maniac cop gets mad because he couldn't push them around decides to flex his muscle by making physical contact that leads to a struggle which leads to his gun going off.

Then after the kid tries to run away mr ego maniac decides to murder the kid because the kid got the best of him.

Had the cop minded his own business and not infringed upon the rights of others this thing would never have happened.

The kid was not near the cop when the cop shot him. He was a distance away, the kid had no gun, no knife, no weapon of any kind, and the cop just shot him any way. Not only he did he shoot him once, but 6 times, twice in the head. And the police and media have been scrambling around to find anything they can use to try and sway public opinion to place all the blame on this kid just to find excuses to justify the cop having murdered him in cold blood.

The cop lost control of himself and could not control his emotions and just shot the kid down in cold blood. The kid was not on top of the cop punching him went he was shot. He was quite a distant away trying to get away from the ego maniac cop.

• Downvote 2