Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

How to Fight Anxiety

ronscarpa

How to Fight Anxiety 

A WORD for Thursday, 11 September 2014 

"Cast all your anxieties on him, for he cares about you."  (1 Peter 5:7)

Psalm 56:3 says, “When I am afraid, I put my trust in thee.”

Notice: it does not say, “I never struggle with fear.” Fear strikes, and the battle begins. So the Bible does not assume that true believers will have no anxieties. Instead the Bible tells us how to fight when they strike.

For example, 1 Peter 5:7 says, “Cast all your anxieties on him, for he cares about you.” It does not say, you will never feel any anxieties. It says, when you have them, cast them on God. When the mud splatters your windshield and you temporarily lose sight of the road and start to swerve in anxiety, turn on your wipers and squirt your windshield washer.

So my response to the person who has to deal with feelings of anxiety every day is to say: that’s more or less normal. At least it is for me, ever since my teenage years. The issue is: How do we fight them?

The answer to that question is: we fight anxieties by fighting against unbelief and fighting for faith in future grace. And the way you fight this “good fight” is by meditating on God’s assurances of future grace and by asking for the help of his Spirit.

The windshield wipers are the promises of God that clear away the mud of unbelief, and the windshield washer fluid is the help of the Holy Spirit. The battle to be freed from sin is fought “by the Spirit and faith in the truth” (2 Thessalonians 2:13).

The work of the Spirit and the Word of truth. These are the great faith-builders. Without the softening work of the Holy Spirit, the wipers of the Word just scrape over the blinding clumps of unbelief.

Both are necessary — the Spirit and the Word. We read the promises of God and we pray for the help of his Spirit. And as the windshield clears so that we can see the welfare that God plans for us (Jeremiah 29:11), our faith grows stronger and the swerving of anxiety smooths out.

• Upvote 2

Thank you Ron. I have a lot of experience in this area,

and it is a true battle that can suck the life out of a person.

Thankfully, after over 20 years of struggling, this past year

I knew in my heart it was time for grace and liberty and so far

i have stopped 75% of the anxiety drug I was taking for 20 years.

The wonderful thing is, I asked for liberty from the pharmaceutical

potions that made me feel a slave, and I am thrilled I have made

it this far :)

Of course, many think once on these potions, you can never get off,

this is of course exactly what the plan is, and the profit goal. So by

grace I am 'almost' liberated at this time. it has been a long road, but

I learned a lot about trusting and what LOVE means. Love NEVER fails,

literally, it is greater than our own will, and it slowly changes us in ways we often

do not understand.

Just wanted to share a little of this struggle, as encouragement to those

who think they cannot find liberty from anxiety and all that goes with it. Panic

attacks also are deadly. It is ALL rooted and triggered by fear, but perfect love

casts out fear. Amazing when one thinks about that and it often takes time to

gain the understanding of what that means.

Jim

Edited by Jim1cor13
  • Upvote 1

Thanks for your comment and sharing Jim (+1)  :tiphat: 

Hey Jim,  I have had anxiety for years.  I can't even drive anymore.  Do you have any specific advice. Just nice to know I am not the only one.  Sometimes this crazy wait for the RV also trigger my anxiety,too.

Just make life a little more easy.

Hi Applecrisp....if you really want to deal with anxiety and have it gone, feel free to call me at 702 ... 883 ... 6605...!

It's understanding that anxiety and fear are indeed emotions, but they are also spirits according to the Scriptures...RON