Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Real Dinars?

Brinx65

My worst nightmare would be finding out my dinars are fake after waiting so long to exchange them post RV .

Yes I received a COA each time I purchased, but...........

Would a bank verify dinars if we asked?   (given they have the de la rue machine)

Anyone else had the same concern?

De LaRue machines and similar are designed and programmed to take only one type of currency. The security features and the value symbols vary. Would be unusual for a US bank to be able to process any foreign currency. Like the back room screens these rumors are added for mystique.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

so where are the de la rue machines actually sitting.  The closest ones that I can locate are in Salt Lake another in Orlando.  Have you located any others?

almost every bank in the UK have them, but as I'm led to believe most of your banks in the US don't deal in foreign currency so only the main select banks have them.

De LaRue machines and similar are designed and programmed to take only one type of currency. The security features and the value symbols vary. Would be unusual for a US bank to be able to process any foreign currency. Like the back room screens these rumors are added for mystique.

these machines can be easily programmed for any currency ........ what bank would buy a verification machine for every foreign currency they sell .... that's just ridiculous.

the machines are used in all banks here in the UK, theres nothing special about them. you guys in the US just arent used to seeing them or hearing about them because 99% of banking transactions at the general public level over there is in US currency.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

if you want proof .... click on the link below and read page 20 of the pdf ...... the specification sheet in the link is for a bottom of the line base model machine, comes standard with USD and EURO ...... can be programmed for any currency you want with denom values ranging from 1 to 50,000

http://www.totalpost.com/fileadmin/support/products/ev8650/manuals/EV8650_User_Guide.pdf

I'm pretty sure Banks wouldn't be buying base model machines

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Thanks, Machine  USD and Euro Standard, But other currencies optional extra programming and sensors. UR right  why buy features you don't use. Volume of foreign currency thru US banks is nill.

De La Rue is not the most popular here . 3/4 others here.  If you called a bank and asked if they specifically had a De L:a Rue probably would say No. But most have USD counters.

No the banks would probably not because its not set and it they came from the business men that bought you can tell if they came from the reserve in USA. I just cashed some even though they had they had the certificate which I told the owner I did not want anyone can print them I paid to have them swapped for 5,000 dinar notes from a buyer that only deals with the reserve bank in USA. and it cost me 1 dollar per note so 40 dollars for one million swap and they are genuine not from bank but from auction to the reserve bank of USA. Note if they came from other saucers then you could be subject to some questions and you will pay more exchange rate, I have been told that they will have a questionnaire for if the machine picks up on your notes and they will tick the boxes as they go down and then it will tell them the costs. Question why did I get 5,000 dinar notes well keep this to your self's do not tell to many but  if your at a airport or city what ever and there are money exchange places its easy to cash in a 5,000 dinar and not get into a tax bracket in Australia its 10,000 dollars, so if you cash in one at a rate of say 1 to 1 its 5,000  USA dollars and then when you get to anther country you do the same and then in city as well so you have a cash flow any time you want at a money exchange outlet. Or you can do at numerous outlets each day and stay clear of the tax man. At home you can go to a few each week and cash in and keep makes sense to me. So get yourself some or even 10,000 notes and keep 5,000 dinar notes are better  to me any way. I don't think they can run your notes through anyway because the Dinars are not set yet. A mate I have known for over 20 years says he can't till its set and the machines are set . The other way is to send them to a dealer that only deals with the US treasury and have them swapped that may cost you 100 or so but your sure then. If they were bought from the bank in Bagdad then you will have some questions and most likely pay additional costs.

Edited by MFNGPTYLTD
  • Upvote 2

You mention banks have de la rue machines but that's just not true, they don't. The machines aren't cheap a few grand a piece and as far as I know they are really only good for DInars which is not soething banks deal with so why would they have a machine. Banks do have money counting machines and they do verify USD, not sure about foreign. Everyone wants to run to banks for advice when the banker has probably never seen a Dinar note in his or her life. YOur probably more an expert than the banker.

Counterfiet Dinar isn't that big of a problem despite online rumors. THink about it, its one of the most secure currencies and least valuable. WHy would someon counterfeit a difficult currency with a terrible return whenthey could counterfeit easier to fake currencies worth 10x more. Not to say counterfeits don't exist but not a significant problem. ALso check online as there are charts showing you what to check for.

• Upvote 1

i bought mine from  dinar trade had mine verified a couple of years ago. Mine were legit, they have a currency book that verifies ALL foreign currency. Yes, their are also de la rue machines but not every bank has them. also their are ways to verify it yourself by looking for watermarks, certain emblems etc..

Edited by easyrider