Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

What's The Rate Going To Be?

USMCVET

Supposedly the IMF at some point had said that the rate would be 3.22 (what they went out at-?) plus up to 20%.  So that would be 3.22-3.86 as a reinstatement rate.  I'm not sure if this still applies.  I heard this was shown on the IMF site for about 3 days.  Iraq has stated that it wants to have the

most valuable currency, so it would have to be higher than Kuwait's rate... right?  :twocents:

• Upvote 1

When I first got in eons ago I did some DD and manipulative calculating and came up .33 to .39 per dinar. I still believe that is what it will come out at.

But hey higher would even be better.

pp

OK!  Pls share you calculatios with us.. I am having a hard time to see where .10 can be supported! That would be 88 Billion dollars ! 

It is Very Hard for me to see how an RV will really benefit the Iraqi Citizen's if the Revalue is Less than $1.00. I do not see the benefit at .10 to .50,, with all the work that need to be done in their country, no budget, and people not getting paid!

Yep it's only going to help if they revalue those dinars to over three dollars somewhere around 425 thousand percent increase will work best

I'd personally like to see Iraqi bums crusing around in bentleys and draped in purple velvet and gold and diamond jewlery because they are a proud people

It would be nice if they just took that 350 trillion dollars worth of dinar and deposited it in the federal reserve and lived off the interest of around 3.5 trillion a year

That way we Americans can borrow it and leave them an I owe you note for it

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

All due respect; Kuwait is not thier only neighbor. A few of thier neighbors is a lot less than Kuwait.

Iraq has 6 neighbors.  Kuwait, with a currency trading, as of today 9/22/2014, $3.48 to the USD. Saudi Arabia at .27 cents, Jordan at $1.41, Syria at .0063, which is still better than the IQD, and not near as bad as Iran at .00004.  And Turkey at .45 cents

If you tossed the two lowest and the two highest and just looked at an average of Turkey and Saudi Arabia you would get .36 cents.  If you also included Jordan the average would jump to .71 and 1.40 by taking the average of all but the lowest two.

All in all, Iraq will do what they want.  If they want the USD "off of their streets and out of their markets" then I think the dinar will have to be valued higher than the USD if only by a dime or quarter.  From a business stand point coming out at 5-10 cents makes a lot of money because MANY of us would run to the bank like our pants are on fire at a dime.  But I don't know how that would effect the mindset of the Iraqi people if it came out too low or what "too low" would be.  $1.25 - $2.50 would be amazing at start with but I'd really just like this to be over and whatever rate.  Just get it done.

Edited by okane
  • Upvote 2

From a business stand point coming out at 5-10 cents makes a lot of money because MANY of us would run to the bank like our pants are on fire at a dime.

End Quote

At this point ( 10 yrs. stuck with this) I'd be running to the bank  with pants on fire at 1c

And since you just gave us your 2 cents you'd already be losing money

• Upvote 6

Iraq has 6 neighbors.  Kuwait, with a currency trading, as of today 9/22/2014, $3.48 to the USD. Saudi Arabia at .27 cents, Jordan at $1.41, Syria at .0063, which is still better than the IQD, and not near as bad as Iran at .00004.  And Turkey at .45 cents

If you tossed the two lowest and the two highest and just looked at an average of Turkey and Saudi Arabia you would get .36 cents.  If you also included Jordan the average would jump to .71 and 1.40 by taking the average of all but the lowest two.

All in all, Iraq will do what they want.  If they want the USD "off of their streets and out of their markets" then I think the dinar will have to be valued higher than the USD if only by a dime or quarter.  From a business stand point coming out at 5-10 cents makes a lot of money because MANY of us would run to the bank like our pants are on fire at a dime.  But I don't know how that would effect the mindset of the Iraqi people if it came out too low or what "too low" would be.  $1.25 - $2.50 would be amazing at start with but I'd really just like this to be over and whatever rate.  Just get it done.

A nice piece of research.Thank you!

BUT Unfortunately that's not the way it is valued.

If the CBI. were to try to set the value arbitrarily at 1 cent there would have to be someone else willing to also BUY the dinar at 1 cent. That is what determines the value.

I use common sense.all you have to do is pay attention.just look back 6 to 8 months ago,even Adam himself was jumping up and down thinking that the RV was imminent.everybody was so excited,i thought they were going to wet their pants.then along comes ISIS and F's everything up.IF and I say IF Iraq RV's,it will not be soon o in the coming days or any of those other stupid things they have been saying for years.it will take years to undo the damage that Maiki created.it's a trust issue.IMO Kurdistan will form its own country.they have already printed money to include the kurds.they WILL print new money to erase the changes they made on the second printing.this will put our currency 3 times out,making the first 2 printings worthless.you can't run 3 different types of currency.nuff said

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 4

If the CBI. were to try to set the value arbitrarily at 1 cent there would have to be someone else willing to also BUY the dinar at 1 cent. That is what determines the value.

very true, those thoughts were solely based upon the whole "what are the neighbors doing" idea.

This is similar to stocks.  In order to sell, there has to be a buyer.  Banks and exchanges will act as the middlemen.  But most of us got into this with the whole "Iraq has the second largest known oil deposits in the world", natural gas, gold and minerals, blah blah blah right?  O.K., maybe that was just me.  But none of that has changed and, other than ISIS, most things are looking better than they ever have.  So if Iraq was a company, they are looking strong, like a buy.  Some stock investors try to time a stock and buy at the bottom, others look for movement before they jump into it.  If the IQD went to a penny, people with big money would buy because the upside potential is still very big.  At 2 cents they have doubled their money.  If the IQD came out at $3.50, I doubt many would be buying because the upside potential would be much less. 

• Upvote 1

This is why I believe spreading the dinar around the globe first was brilliant

Then they revalue it

Let the world spend it for its value first in Iraq and then they will see they get a penny's worth of value for it and that alone will establish its value

If Iraq didn't have any dinar outside of Iraq and just claimed its value and tried to spend it abroad first then people would be sceptical

But if Iraq is accepting the dinar at that exchange rate then its value would be set

They had to do it like this or it wouldn't work

So maybe you won't be able to cash it in for dollars but for goods and services you would

Then slowly Iraq can buy its currency back on the forex instead of through its auctions

The local auctions could end and the goi could buy its dinar off the forex like all govts do

There's trillions of dollars in currency bought and sold every day on the forex to maintain currency stability ire around the world

Iraq will then be buying and selling foriegn reserves and its dinar daily on the forex instead of auctions in iraq

They had to use local auctions at first till they accept IMF article 8

They can still manage the float with the forex

• Upvote 1

Iraq buys its dinar back on the forex and holds it out of circulation as an asset

Why is tapping into foreign reserves a solution? When the market expects devaluation, downward pressure placed on the currency can really only be offset by an increase in the interest rate. In order to increase the rate, the central bank has to shrink the money supply, which in turn increases demand for the currency. (>>>>The bank can do this by selling off foreign reserves to create a capital outflow. When the bank sells a portion of its foreign reserves, it receives payment in the form of the domestic currency, which it holds out of circulation as an asset.<<<<)<<<<<currency auctions?

http://www.investopedia.com/articles/economics/08/currency-crises.asp

It is possible

It could happen

Not saying I know the cbi plan

But one possibility is they buy it back 150 million a day off the forex instead of in local cbi auctions

Just so ya know

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

On a more serious note,

who remembers November of 2009?

Remember that little "glitch"?

Some thought that it was test run

that hit the Forex feeds by accident.

I think it was 1 IQD = $1.29 or $1.47...

I remember that!! We all went nuts there for a bit! lol

• Upvote 3

• 1 month later...