Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Short Saturday Afternoon Update from Mnt Goat - 09/06/2014

Short Saturday Afternoon Update from Mnt Goat - 09/06/2014

UU0448 - “Quick Update” by Mnt Goat

Hi Everyone,

I come to you today to give you a recent update on the election process and how this relates towards the international rollout of the IQD for Iraq.

Note: If you have not read my previous news letter from Friday 9/5, I encourage you to first read it. Today's news letter, as in all my news letters, is a continuation of the ongoing saga of the IQD RV process.

Honestly I really tried once again to limit this news letter today to a page or two.

Short and Sweet ! 

Today’s News

Today is Saturday 9/6 and we still look forward to the final “formal” announcement of the fully formed government of Iraq.
The good news today is more names for the ministerial cab of Haider Abadi, have been announced. In addition three of the candidate deputies for each of the President and the Cabinet have also been announced.

The sources said that the three deputies of the president (or vice presidents) are, Osama al-Nujaifi, Iyad Allawi and Ahmad al-Chalabi. Too bad for Maliki…..lol….

Congradulations to Nujaifi, Chalabi and Allawi. This is a great line-up.

My sources added that more of the ministers were announced including the following: But this is only 15 out of the 32 ministers announced so far. I expect the rest to be announced before end of day. This is all I could get from my contact today so far.

Saleh al-Mutlaq for Services ministry
Hoshyar Zebari and Ibrahim al-Jaafari, for the Foreign Affairs ministry
Hadi al-Amiri for Security Affairs ministry
Adel Abdul Mahdi for Oil ministry
Jaber al-Jabri of the Interior ministry
Qasim Dawood, for the Defense ministry
Hussein al-Shahristani, for the higher Education ministry
Baqir Jabr transport ministry
Abdul-Hussein Abtan for Youth and Sports ministry
Hassan Shuayrd for Educational ministry
Salman al-Jumaili for Electricity ministry
Falah Hassan Zidane for Agriculture ministry
Mohammed Shiaa al-Sudani for Human Rights ministry
Maysoon al-Damaloji for the Culture ministry

The following is the short list published yesterday morning and sent out in my news lette. Compare it. Note the differences as some have been reshuffled, as Abadi has said they had to do. This has been part of the delay. Another reason being was that some objections on background and experience of the candidates and suspected and of also some candidates were in financial or administrative corruption.

Ministry of Foreign Affairs - Ibrahim al-Jaafari (same, probably solid)
Interior Ministry - Jaber al-Jabri (same, probably solid)
Minister of Finance - Barham Salih (now currency under dispute….why?)
Minister of the Environment - Qutaiba al-Jubouri (reshuffled)
Ministry of Electricity - Salman al-Jumaili (same, probably solid)
Minister of Agriculture - AWS Orfali (reshuffled)

So what are the reasons for the delay?

The sources indicated that the finance ministry is still contested by Rose Nuri Shaways and Barham Salih and this is the current hold-up.

Also Abadi came out in a news conference today and stated “the atmosphere of the negotiation were not positive and overshadowed by competing partisan and the sectarian and ethnic and national spirit absent”. So it seems there are still many not onboard with the new administration. This is Abadi’s challenge in the next few days.

Some politicians added comments in these meetings "the capital Baghdad and her belt is exposed to kidnappings and bargains financial and killing civilians and then throw their bodies in the streets, as well as exposure to car bombs," and urged the Union forces "not to vote on the next government if you do not include the General Amnesty Law in the government program. So they are still pushing for an immediate implementation of the Amnesty law. Will they get it? This would actually be a good thing since it might prevent or stop much of this senseless killings.

Summary

So yesterday, Friday, I explained that we should not expect any announcements and this is exactly what has happened. It was a holy day in Iraq and they were still having other issues with candidates. I based my info on my Iraq contact close to the government. I am told now there are still other remaining ministers still in dispute and this should be resolved today or tomorrow. I am told even if they do resolve this these ministers, speaker Al-Jubouri will hold off until Monday to take the vote of confidence on this new government.

So relax and enjoy your weekend !

Then when can we expect the RV?

All I will say is what I have been saying all along we wait for a formal (global) announcement to the public that the Iraq government is now fully formed and seated. Many of you asked me if a formal, public announcement is necessary and the answer is a big fat YES
I want to emphasize once again this final announcement of the IQD going international will not happen until the USA feels the Iraq government is stable, non-sectarian and is a functional government. This is has been the plan all along. They may have wavered a bit on how the plan was implemented but the overall plan guidelines have still not changed.

Peace and Luv To Ya All,

Mnt Goat

• Upvote 3