Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Iraq refiles case in U.S. court over disputed Kurdish crude cargo

kenman31

Yep they are suing the Greek shipping company for 300 million dollars for all the shipments they carried of stolen oil because they are concerned about this one shipment

Or are the Kurds the ones that are concerned about this one shipment

Geez you should of loaded up yota with negs too

The Kurds got 21 days to respond to the latest court filing in Texas courts

This will set the precedence. For all the rest of the stolen oil and the world is watching

Go Kurds

Produce the title of ownership of that Iraqi crude !!!

Ya got three weeks

I didn't neg you dontlop... I say what I think instead. :)

You seem to have "tunnel vision" about all this... you only see it from Baghdad's side of things.

The Kurds have prepared their case and they are saying they are "legally" entitled to sell "Their Oil".

We shall see... just have to wait and watch all this play out.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/438e40ee-342b-11e4-b81c-00144feabdc0.html#ixzz3CdhqMxT9

Baghdad alleges that Athens-based Marine Management Services (MMS) operated five tankers transporting Kurdish Iraqi oil from Turkey, including the United Leadership, the United Emblem, the United Kalavrvta, the United Carrier and the United

“MMS is liable for damages of at least $318m, and possibly significantly more, as a result of its willing and active participation in the [Kurdistan Regional Government’s] illegal crude oil export scheme,” the government alleged.

It also accused the ship owner of “repeatedly ignoring warnings that the crude oil it was carrying does not belong to the KRG”.

Don't pay attention to the man behind the curtain

Iraq files case against Turkey over Kurdish oil sales

23 May 2014 23:17 (Last updated 24 May 2014 00:22)

Iraqi oil ministry accuses Turkey of violating a 2010 agreement signed between the two countries

BAGHDAD, Iraq

Baghdad filed a lawsuit against Ankara over the flow of oil from Kurdish regional administration in Iraq's north to Turkey's Mediterranean export hub of Ceyhan, Iraqi oil ministry said Friday.

The ministry said in a written statement that Turkey and its state-owned gas company BOTAS violated 2010's Turkey-Iraq pipeline agreement by storing crude oil from northern Iraq without the central government's consent.

A request of arbitration against Turkey and BOTAS has been sent to the International Chamber of Commerce in Paris, the statement said

I didn't neg you dontlop... I say what I think instead. :)

You seem to have "tunnel vision" about all this... you only see it from Baghdad's side of things.

The Kurds have prepared their case and they are saying they are "legally" entitled to sell "Their Oil".

We shall see... just have to wait and watch all this play out.

I'm sharing the side everyone else besides yota thinks doesn't exist

Talk about tunnel vision

Because a handful of members try to shut me down doesn't mean I will not show both sides of this issue to the rest of the hundreds of guests reading about this

I will keep them informed

Edited by dontlop

First of all the United States backs the central govt on this issue and has made this very clear

Then the Kurds have the gull to ship a tanker to Texas and want that in the spotlight

This is fine

All they got to do is produce a title of ownership

If they had one it would of been sold long ago

But they don't have one do they ?

If they can't produce one then someone is going to be charged with smuggling oil from Iraq and most likely be sitting in jail

Once this is established

No one in their right mind will be attempting to buy smuggled oil or even be shipping the oil

Now all the Kurds got left is to produce the title of ownership

Those ships sitting at sea will all be confiscated

Possibly all the oil in turkey will be confiscated

And the sales will continue thru Baghdad oil ministry like they are supposed to

If the Kurds got anything out of this it will be to use the courts

They will end up getting the 17% of the budget when they central govt takes control

Of all the contracts in Iraq

Just my opinion of what going on with this mess

Presenting the Kurds case is an empty dream

I don't see the US guberment backing Iraq's central guberment on this at all...

The Kurds openly selling this oil is what is going to force "legal findings" to be made about all this.

Otherwise things would just sit still and NOTHING would happen... The Kurds are saying they can win this.

Things are just sitting still because the court filings in Iraq have been ignored by the Kurds

They refuse to show up in court to let the court decide

So eventually thru due process of the law they will settle this with out the Kurds just like they settled shabibbi case

Then every one will say oh they got rail roaded

Which isn't true

They have had two years so far and refuse to acknowledge the courts

I dunno dontlop... seems like it would be a good idea for the Kurds to wait just a little longer... until the Maliki's goons are removed from the judge's seats and then there may be a fair trial. What ever happened to the case that was filed by Maliki in ... was it France??? some international court that was going to decide it. Seems that might be the way it will have to be decided anyways.

Well Maliki went against parliment and issued oil contracts to western corporations

He's the only one that tried to impliment the oil laws

It was parliment who is against it

The people of Iraq spoke and their representatives do as their constituents ask

And they voted the oil law down

The trade unions organized this campaign against the oil law and they won

The trade unions are responsible for the law being voted down

The people of Iraq want the oil centralized like every other country over their does

The case was filed in Iraqi Supreme Court in 2012 august

They did file another in France to get the world to stop buying oil for the Kurds or be faced with a law suit

That's why the Kurds are now just storing oil in ships because the storage facilities are full in turkey's port

This is why the Kurds are broke

Well Maliki went against parliment and issued oil contracts to western corporations

He's the only one that tried to impliment the oil laws

It was parliment who is against it

The people of Iraq spoke and their representatives do as their constituents ask

And they voted the oil law down

The trade unions organized this campaign against the oil law and they won

The trade unions are responsible for the law being voted down

The people of Iraq want the oil centralized like every other country over their does

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The case was filed in Iraqi Supreme Court in 2012 august

They did file another in France to get the world to stop buying oil for the Kurds or be faced with a law suit

That's why the Kurds are now just storing oil in ships because the storage facilities are full in turkey's port

This is why the Kurds are broke

Dontlop I agree with the first part of your post... you have brought in good info about that... Thank You.

The last part of your post... naw... not so much...  the Kurds aren't broke... but they have gotten ripped off for a long time. They aren't storing oil in ships either... they ARE selling it under the radar.... How about that sale to Israel... eh?

Don't matter

The facts are the facts

They have articles that came through dinar vets posted by yota I believe that they were storing oil in ships because the storage facilities are full in turkey

There's no where else for them to pump it to

Iran closed its borders to kurdustan trucks

They are broke in Kurdistan whether ya believe it or not

They are borrowing billions against the oil that they cannot sell

So that avenue will soon be closed off as well

And Baghdad is not stupid they know what's going on

The Kurds are not in a position to be demanding anything

All their actions are being logged

There's going to be some Kurdish polititions in jail soon unless they run away out of the country like all the criminals do

ADRIFT

While the Kurdistan Regional Government (KRG) has been selling smaller piecemeal oil shipments on the international market since 2012, it only began larger million-barrel shipments out of its new pipeline in May. The pipeline started up in at the end of December and was pumping around 120,000 barrels per day to Turkey's Mediterranean port of Ceyhan until it was forced to halt flows last week due to storage tanks being full.

Only one of five cargoes has been successfully delivered, to Israel, which does not have diplomatic relations with Baghdad. Israel has said Kurdish independence in northern Iraq was a “foregone conclusion.”

Authorities in Baghdad generally turned a blind eye to the smaller sales, but the onset of direct exports by pipeline has drawn fierce criticism the central government. They have warned of potential lawsuits or legal action if anyone buys the oil, and filed suit in Federal court this week to block the United Kalavrvta from plans to offload its crude.

As a result, the three tankers are scattered across the globe in limbo: one offshore Malaysia, another in the Atlantic Ocean off Morocco and the third some 60 miles (100 km) off the U.S. Gulf Coast. KRG's oil marketing team has been unable to successfully close full deals for them, according to industry sources.

Another is scheduled to set sail from Ceyhan on Friday, Turkish energy officials said. It was unclear whether the ship has a destination. The loading will help drain oil tanks in the port, which have risen to full capacity.

The tab thus far: an estimated $5 million and rising, based on the cost of chartering the vessels for a total of 160 days at sea, shipping sources say. While not a large sum compared with the amount they could stand to make in profit from a sale, it adds strain to a cash-strapped government facing a funding hole.

After the KRG completed the pipeline to Turkey by-passing the federal system, Baghdad cut the Kurds out of the budget at the start of 2014, forcing the northern region to take out large loans to stay afloat. At a London conference in June, Kurdish minister of natural resources Ashti Hawrami said the KRG had already borrowed $1 billion internationally against future oil sales and another $2 billion locally. [iD: nL6N0OZ0JP]

The Kurds cannot go much further with this

Hopfully the deal to make a Kurd the new oil minister will be enough to seat the new govts

Then it will be a Kurdish oil minister Pursuing the law suit against all those buying oil from the kurds

Dontlop I agree with the first part of your post... you have brought in good info about that... Thank You.

The last part of your post... naw... not so much...  the Kurds aren't broke... but they have gotten ripped off for a long time. They aren't storing oil in ships either... they ARE selling it under the radar.... How about that sale to Israel... eh?

Hi Maggie123,

As you have probably already noticed, the person using the name dontlop is not someone who is prone to apply normal logic or common sense to anything that matters here to us. In fact, her/his username is about as disingenuous as everything else about him/her  since he/she also advocates a lop of the IQD if you will follow his/her rantings. Each and every time I have tried to pin him/her down to a position of any kind, he/she will go off on a tangent and avoid the issue.

Earlier in this very post he/she asked the question, "did I understand the English language?" Apparently, she/he doesn't understand its purpose and use, because If the English language were currency, by now she/he has wasted a virtual fortune in using it here with over 10,000 posts that don't say really much of anything of substance or consequence, but are designed to incite discontent among those of us who actually care to engage in healthy discourse.

She/He seems to spend all of her/his waking hours here, and therefore obviously has no other life that I can imagine, but then I could be wrong. Maybe her/his job is to troll this site for anything that can upset our members, or lure them into a verbal argument over something she/he knows little or nothing about.

In fact, if you were to just look at her/his trail of comments in this one post, she/he has ranted over and over again, often in succession from one post to the next before anyone else can even respond, with lots of words that amount to shouting matches. That is her/his style from what I have ascertained. Her/His kind is the worse I have seen here in a long time, and I am now prone to just ignore her/him altogether as a result.

While I'm sure that won't stop her/him from doing her/his best to fill up these forums with her/his vitriolic foolishness, the beauty of it all is that our most gracious Mr. Montana allows her/him to do so, and for that I am most glad.

Billio0

Hi Maggie123,

As you have probably already noticed, the person using the name dontlop is not someone who is prone to apply normal logic or common sense to anything that matters here to us. In fact, her/his username is about as disingenuous as everything else about him/her since he/she also advocates a lop of the IQD if you will follow his/her rantings. Each and every time I have tried to pin him/her down to a position of any kind, he/she will go off on a tangent and avoid the issue.

Earlier in this very post he/she asked the question, "did I understand the English language?" Apparently, she/he doesn't understand its purpose and use, because If the English language were currency, by now she/he has wasted a virtual fortune in using it here with over 10,000 posts that don't say really much of anything of substance or consequence, but are designed to incite discontent among those of us who actually care to engage in healthy discourse.

She/He seems to spend all of her/his waking hours here, and therefore obviously has no other life that I can imagine, but then I could be wrong. Maybe her/his job is to troll this site for anything that can upset our members, or lure them into a verbal argument over something she/he knows little or nothing about.

In fact, if you were to just look at her/his trail of comments in this one post, she/he has ranted over and over again, often in succession from one post to the next before anyone else can even respond, with lots of words that amount to shouting matches. That is her/his style from what I have ascertained. Her/His kind is the worse I have seen here in a long time, and I am now prone to just ignore her/him altogether as a result.

While I'm sure that won't stop her/him from doing her/his best to fill up these forums with her/his vitriolic foolishness, the beauty of it all is that our most gracious Mr. Montana allows her/him to do so, and for that I am most glad.

Billio0

BillioO,

I like and admire the intelligent and witty way you handled that. Much respect to you.

Maggie what I told you is true

These people can't deny it so they make it about the person using the name dontlop

My facts stand

The Kurds are broke

They were filling up ships because the storage facilities were full in turkey

Now Iraq is suing the shipping company so that too will end

Billio must be some kind of liar

Or someone who wants to spread around lies

Or he can't read

They aren't selling crude under the table either

5 out of 7 ships are sitting out on the ocean still full

The shipping trackers still show it everyone knows it except billio

No one is buying the Kurdish oil

It's over

Your pipe dream of the Kurds telling Baghdad what's up is a myth made up by the propaganda artists from Kurdistan

Edited by dontlop

Kurds hands off the contracts

Problem solved

No more trucking oil out of the country

No more filling up million barrel tankers

The law suit against turkey 250 million dollars

The law suit against the Greece shipping company 318 million dollars

Geez I don't think the shipping company makes that much money in a year

Turkey is going broke that why they are taking anything they can get

The Kurds are broke

The Iraqi govt is doing just fine

Plenty of buyers from Iraqi oil 3 million barrels every single day for them

Kurds 1.6 million barrels in 4 months

And the money is frozen in a Turkish account until the issue is settled between Baghdad and Kurds

Kurds have borrowed. 3 billion dollars trying to illegally export Iraq oil

If they can get people to believe them they can sell it

But it looks like Baghdad had that a sewn up

Right billio

Here's the Kurds options they already have a good start

OFFSHORE STORAGE AVAILABLE FOR EXCESS KURDISH OIL

AA Updated : 22.08.2014 17:10:39 Published : 22.08.2014 16:29:26

ANKARA — The issue facing the Kurdish regional government of where to store its oil -- a problem that it has temporarily solved by pumping it to Turkey and from then loading it onto tankers and selling it -- could be solved by storing it permanently in tankers offshore, say regional energy experts.

The Kurds have been pumping their oil to Turkey since May, after their repeated appeals to sell the oil directly were rejected by the central government in Baghdad.

Seven oil tankers have left Turkey's Mediterranean port of Ceyhan, (which has the maximum storage capacity of 2.5 million barrels). However, so far only one of those tankers has been sold. Baghdad said the sale of the oil is illegal and has taken the case to an international arbitration court. The Kurdish government and Turkey state that the sale is in compliance with the Iraqi constitution.

Offshore storage is common especially if buyers are reluctant says Shwan Zulal, head of the London-based Carduchi energy consulting firm.

"The KRG wants to sell the oil, but if buyers change their minds due to current pressure from Baghdad, the option is open but not ideal," said Zulal, using an abbreviation for the Kurdish regional government.

There are some discussions about increasing storage capacity in Ceyhan or for sending some of the crude sent to neighboring countries for storage," Zulal said.

However, increasing the capacity in Ceyhan port does not resolve the immediate question for the Kurds, says Ayham Kamel, the Middle East and North Africa director at Eurasia Group in London, a political risk research and consulting company.

"The option of building additional storage capacity in Ceyhan is costly and there is a time issue since it would have to be commissioned and constructed," Kamel says.

An alternative solution for Kurds, according to Kamel, is to produce less oil.

"The KRG can decrease the oil production and oil flow from the pipeline, and not produce at full capacity from the fields," Kamel said.

"Tanker storage is more realistic option since tanker rates are low at this point," he said. "They can increase tanker storage little by little, but they can't just hire tens of tankers."

• 2 months later...