Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Burger King’s new Whopper puts the bite on U.S. taxpayers

umbertino

Anyone who gave +'s to dontlop for his rudeness towards Umberto... it shows what kind of ethics you have.

End Quote

Sister Maggie...Grazie for your  words.......I accept the fact ( obviously!) that diff. minds have diff ideas...I know that in a perfect world ( this ain't) there wouldn't be any need to get down personal  on someone ...But...Such is life.... ..Love you

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 1

Sorry, Maggie.........gremlins emptied my plus (+) stash in the middle of the night.   :shrug: 

GO RV, and NO BV

Mine Too Shabs.... :confused2:

At least we still have our chuckles... nobody can take them away.

:D   :D   :D

Anyone who gave +'s to dontlop for his rudeness towards Umberto... it shows what kind of ethics you have.

End Quote

Sister Maggie...Grazie for your  words.......I accept the fact ( obviously!) that diff. minds have diff ideas...I know that in a perfect world ( this ain't) there wouldn't be any need to get down personal  on someone ...But...Such is life.... ..Love you

I won't condone that Umberto... Rude is Rude.

Love You Too Dear... Sending You Some Chuckles Across The Waves... And Hugs Too Of Course.

PS. Shabs sure helps in that dept... doesn't he? :D

Edited by Maggie123
  • Upvote 1

Mine Too Shabs.... :confused2:

At least we still have our chuckles... nobody can take them away.

:D   :D   :D

I won't condone that Umberto... Rude is Rude.

Love You Too Dear... Sending You Some Chuckles Across The Waves... And Hugs Too Of Course.

PS. Shabs sure helps in that dept... doesn't he? :D

Back atcha and all the fine People I've learned to like and respect here.

Seems to me that when a (any) business has to bust their backsides to shave a few percentage points off their product supplies to remain profitable, but government can come along and demand 30 to 50% (of the gross) then something is definitely out of whack.

People don't seem to mind that the majority of products in Walmart come from China, or that just about everything offered from Apple is made there as well, so it shouldn't matter one iota where Burger King's corporate headquarters are located.

The real problem for businesses in general here is burdensome governmental taxation, regulation and now the push for a massive wage hike which wouldn't be necessary if the government quit illegally taxing peoples' labor and the FED did their job and controlled inflation by keeping (some) value in the dollar itself.

More expedient for the government trolls to blame businesses though.

It will all work out in the end, just as soon as all of those burger flipping and serving robots come on line in the near future...

• Upvote 2

I was wondering if someone would point out the OSI strategy - kind of the same thing on the corporate scale is all this is. They are trying to keep more of the money they make too - it's tax minimization, not evasion.

Yep - what we really need is complete tax reform - personal and corporate - from the bottom up.  No easy way to fix this. The IRS and the US tax code has become a behemoth of collosal proportions.  A Whopper in their own right.

Of course we can always broaden our tax base by raising our Minimum Wage to $15.00 an hour - thereby almost doubling the tax collected from those who work those jobs, effectivley increasing tax revenues -

Just saying....(How big of a can of worms did I just open...)

I can't believe anyone would give the op a negative .. it's not an opinion its just news... I undid that one.

Sorry pluMmet......Just  read your post now... I do appreciate your kindness. Grazie.

I didn't give him the red, but it's not news. It's propaganda from a leftist rag.  

Which balances ( or tries to..) the rightist one(s)...

Edited by umbertino

Where a business chooses to locate for tax purposes should be the LEAST of our worries.

We should be more concerned about the future of our jobs.

Here's a peek at where Burger King (and most of the rest) will be headed into the near future:

Problem:

NEW YORK (AP) -- Police handcuffed dozens of protesters in cities around the country on Thursday as they blocked traffic in the latest attempt to escalate their efforts to get McDonald's, Burger King and other fast-food companies to pay their employees at least $15 an hour.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories/U/US_FAST_FOOD_PROTESTS?SITE=AP&SECTION=HOME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2014-09-04-09-39-16

Solution:

A company called Momentum Machines has built a robot that could radically change the fast-food industry and have some line cooks looking for new jobs.

The company's robot can "slice toppings like tomatoes and pickles immediately before it places the slice onto your burger, giving you the freshest burger possible." The robot is "more consistent, more sanitary, and can produce ~360 hamburgers per hour." That's one burger every 10 seconds.

The next generation of the device will offer "custom meat grinds for every single customer. Want a patty with 1/3 pork and 2/3 bison ground to order? No problem."

http://www.businessinsider.com/momentum-machines-burger-robot-2014-8