Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Prime Minister Selecting Committee about to hold its first meeting in upcoming days

willie

Thursday, May 13th 2010 4:03 PM

Baghdad, May 13 (AKnews) – A number of Iraqi politicians confirmed on Thursday that the committee formed to choose the new Prime Minister is about to hold its first meeting during the next few days, as it will allocate the first week of its work to determine the mechanism of choosing, and the second week to determine the candidate who will be selected by consensus or by voting, but the winner in the first round should get 100% of the votes, and if the candidate couldn't collect that a percentage of votes he will be diverted to a second round after a week and he is required to obtain 80% of the votes.

“We will discuss the mechanisms among the National Coalition, the State of Law and the other lists, in order to find the candidate who suit the post of Prime Minister”, the president of the Supreme Islamic Council Ammar Al-Hakim said.

"The committee will start its work in two phases, the first one is to develop the mechanisms that determine the prime ministerial candidate and the second is to determine the names of the candidates, and then voting for a candidate starts either by consensus or by voting and if the candidate obtained the full votes of the Committee its work will be done as they will decide on naming the next Prime Minister and if the candidate couldn't gain that number, there will be a new nomination”, Hakim said.

“The task of choosing the PM will be agreed upon between both coalitions and the other lists”, the leader of Sadrist movement, Qusay al-Suhail said.

"Both coalitions and other lists have to nominate a candidate for the presidency of the new government, whether he is from these coalitions or other lists, on the condition that the candidate is agreed upon; both coalitions have allied because they are the basic sponsors for the political process, and that this alliance is just a bid to break the deadlock, after politicians of the two coalitions noticed that each party is sticking to his opinion”, al-Suhail added.

"Every list has the right to present its candidates, whether it was one or more, State of Law coalition is one of the first lists that submitted their nominee, Nuri Al-Maliki… everything in this time and with such an operation is subject to dialogue”, leader in State of Law Ali al-Adeeb added.

The committee formed to choose the next Prime Minister is composed of seven members of the National Coalition and sevenl from the State of Law, and it will begin its work during the next few days.

Sa/ae (AKnews)

in the next few dayzzz!! seriously? i thought friday was it, end of the road, kablamo!! then again. i thought i mite have an rv by now( like a year ago) how many months can it take to count some votes around here? send em to us, we will count them!!! Get er done!!!

in the next few dayzzz!! seriously? i thought friday was it, end of the road, kablamo!! then again. i thought i mite have an rv by now( like a year ago) how many months can it take to count some votes around here? send em to us, we will count them!!! Get er done!!!

Friday (today) May 14, 2010, is date the election guys said they'd have re-count ready for public release.

This article is talking about parliament's process for selecting its officers ... speaker, PM, President, ministers, etc. with the biggie being the PM. Though, if true, this article does bring good tidings.... for better or for worse, these guys have been working in the background during this holding period. Looks like they also are just waiting for the recount to be announced.

I'm glad the USA doesn't use the parliamentary system.

ll