Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Another Cop Racial Killing

Big Newby

The story of another young person being gunned down on public streets saddens me. It saddens me not only because a young man was shot and killed by police outside a Circle K in Salt Lake City, but that he was unarmed, had been in the store with two friends buying things, paid for their stuff, and left the store, apparently doing nothing wrong.

I forgot to say the officer who shot and killed Dillon Taylor was African American and Dillon was white. This happened on August 12th.

You haven't heard about it? That should corroborate the allegations that traditional media in the U.S. is not only liberal, but has an agenda that demands cries of "Politically Correct Racism;" that only white people can be racist.

Why does race have to be included in every cop killing story? And why does the liberal media feel it's their job to paint America as racist? The Utah story and the Ferguson story should only be about two young men being gunned down......for certain until/unless details of both incidents prove racial intentions of any involved parties.

Media: PLEASE quit pouring gasoline on racial fires!!!!

(Link to the story: http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/58304981-78/police-taylor-lake-salt.html.csp)

• Upvote 10

So sad that this probably will be about the only place that we will see anything about this story. We could say a lot more about the other story, but the "political correctness" clause of our "freedom of speech law" gets in the way.

Would not allow me to include the picture of the protest... open the link to see the signs being held...

(Quote below picture)

(Steve Griffin | The Salt Lake Tribune) Scott Simons speaks through a blow horn during a protest about the police shooting of Dillon Taylor in Salt Lake City, Monday, August 18, 2014. Simons is the father of Kelly Simons who was shot and killed by police in 2013.

Utah protesters demand justice for Dillon Taylor, others killed by police

Demonstration » Participants raise questions of accountability, trust.

By harry stevens

The Salt Lake Tribune

First Published Aug 18 2014 04:46 pm • Last Updated Aug 19 2014 02:09 pm

Protesters lined the sidewalk across the street from Salt Lake City police headquarters Monday afternoon to express their outrage at a spate of recent police shootings of unarmed people.

Among the demonstrators were friends of Dillon Taylor, the 20-year-old man who was shot dead by Salt Lake City police outside a 7-Eleven last Monday. Police were responding to a report of a man with a gun, but Taylor’s supporters say he was unarmed.

"It didn’t make sense to me when I first heard everything, and they tried to say he had a gun," said Taylor’s friend Aaron Swanenberg, who came to the protest straight from Taylor’s funeral. "I knew Dillon. He never packed a gun."

At the time of Taylor’s shooting, court documents show he had a $25,000 bench warrant for a probation violation in connection with felony robbery and obstructing justice convictions. But Marissa Martinez, whose sister used to date Taylor, said Taylor had turned over a new leaf.

"He was trying to do better for himself. And this is what happens to him?" Martinez said. "It was really heartbreaking."

The South Salt Lake police department is investigating the shooting but has not said whether a weapon was found or why Taylor was deemed threatening enough for police to fire at least twice.

Police have said it may be several weeks before investigators release their findings to prosecutors. In the meantime, Taylor’s supporters are demanding answers.

"Why can’t we have these answers to put the family at peace?" Swanenberg asked.

"It’s been too long," echoed Martinez. "I want to know what they’re hiding. Why is it that they can’t tell us the truth?"

In addition to demanding justice for Taylor, protesters waved signs remembering others slain by police — including Danielle Willard, whose November 2012 shooting resulted in a manslaughter charge being filed in June against former West Valley Police Detective Shaun Cowley.

(Link to the story: http://www.sltrib.co...e-salt.html.csp)

These shootings and the following protest had nothing to do with race... Open the link to see the picture.

"Protesters lined the sidewalk across the street from Salt Lake City police headquarters Monday afternoon to express their outrage at a spate of recent police shootings of unarmed people."

Edited by Maggie123
  • Upvote 3

If more families that have suffered from these types of shootings had the drive and determination to take action in the way this man has, perhaps, some progress would be made in bringing diverse groups together. I can't imagine that no one has ever heard of the Michael Bell case in Kenosha, WI (2004). Michael Bell's father, a retired air force officer, has worked diligently for ten years to help improve how police shootings are investigated. Has he totally solved the problem? Probably not, but  at least it looks like some progress is being made. Sometimes, it takes just one person to find a way to begin to resolve a problem. It doesn't matter what color, what sex, what religion that person is. What is important is that individuals come together and  support the movement and stop fighting and name calling between themselves. Following are links to info on the Michael Bell shooting and a description of the work his father has done since his son's death. Michael Bell's father was in the military. He knows how to follow through on that mission because there is still much more to be done. 

http://presstv.com/detail/2014/08/18/375779/what-i-did-after-us-police-killed-my-son/

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/mans-activism-led-law-requiring-independent-investigations-deaths-police-custody/

• Upvote 2

Thanks Maggie for the post. I'm sure this has been on main stream media and I just missed it...................right? I'm sure Al & Jesse were there with the non-violent protesters/demonstrators searching for answers, cause it ain't about skin color................right?  I'm sure I missed on TV the looting and destruction of the city by its own citizens.....................right? Yeah there is no bias in reporting.......................right?

• Upvote 1

Sunni/Shiite, Israeli/Palestinian, African-American/Caucasian:

Is there really a difference when there is violence, killing, and hatred?

Pointing out the disparity in the reporting of it only fuels those same fires.

Billio0

I do agree  in principle and I plused your above post billio0... Having said that... Many times  the differences are emphasized by the  respective counterpart in a determined situation.....Sad but true.....We all take sides  ( it's only human)..We can try to be objective and some among us succeed in that  ( to look at things from above, detachedly as mere uninvolved observers...almost impossible...but some have the capability to do that....) but then most  or all of the time we ( most of us at least)  take sides driven by many factors ( upbringing, maybe also education level, our various biases, ethnicity sometimes ,  a sense of justice the way WE perceive it and lots of other things/variables...)....

So talk about disparity...In a perfect world  that would be right ( it is right  infact...absolutely) and wonderful and fair..to not consider it.... In this here world.. it's at least difficult and  pretty much tough to achieve....It's an unjust world out there and sometimes the reactions are not so pretty...

I still recall ( I was there when it started) the riots originating from the acquittal verdict of the 4 ( or 5 , can't remember now)  cops (  white) in the Rodney King case ( beating took place in 1991 and trial  occurred in 1992).. I landed at LAX Airport on my b-day  on April 29, 1992 around 6:00 pm about 30 mins  after the announcement of the acquittal....Riots started shortly after.....I was informed of all that by my party ( an African-American Lady)....

Point is, as many of you will recall..That verdict of acquittal was expressed not by a black ( or at least mixed) jury...Not in S.Central, Compton, Watts,  or Whittier....It got expressed by an all-white jury in Simi Valley of all communities... Talk about disparity...

I DO NOT condone all the violence which got perpetrated later on in those days ( I had  to stay in my motel  at night due to the curfew for 3 nights) but  again I do understand the frustration.

Peace out.

Edited by umbertino

The media/Gov has the ability to shape opinion or create discussion. IF they would just report and allow the public to form its own opinions without bias I believe would be a major step. Sadly that ain't ever gonna happen in my lifetime. So we will continue to hear/see what they wish us and the results will remain the same. 

Another FACT of life.............black shoots white - justice for the years of slavery. White shoots black - racism.

LBGT slaps normal simple assault. Normal slaps LBGT - hate crime.

Muslim women can wear their Hijab in schools but our children are disciplined for saying "bless you".

It sucks to be white, chruch going, heterosexual, middle class or above in America these days! LOL

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1

If more families that have suffered from these types of shootings had the drive and determination to take action in the way this man has, perhaps, some progress would be made in bringing diverse groups together. I can't imagine that no one has ever heard of the Michael Bell case in Kenosha, WI (2004). Michael Bell's father, a retired air force officer, has worked diligently for ten years to help improve how police shootings are investigated. Has he totally solved the problem? Probably not, but  at least it looks like some progress is being made. Sometimes, it takes just one person to find a way to begin to resolve a problem. It doesn't matter what color, what sex, what religion that person is. What is important is that individuals come together and  support the movement and stop fighting and name calling between themselves. Following are links to info on the Michael Bell shooting and a description of the work his father has done since his son's death. Michael Bell's father was in the military. He knows how to follow through on that mission because there is still much more to be done. 

http://presstv.com/detail/2014/08/18/375779/what-i-did-after-us-police-killed-my-son/

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/mans-activism-led-law-requiring-independent-investigations-deaths-police-custody/

Thank You Medina... SOLUTIONS Are What We Need To Start Focusing On.

The Investigations Are The First Key Towards Arriving At Just Outcome.

A Thorough And Unbiased Investigation Bringing Up ALL The Evidence Would Make It Much More Difficult To Award An Unjust Verdict In A Trial... Not Always Of Course... And If That Happened It Would Give The Families A Much Better Chance On Appeal. Heck The Way It Is Now... Very Few Officers Go To Trial.

The Police Officers That Are Way Too Aggressive And Killing Unarmed People Deserve To Be Dealt The Full Consequences Of Their Actions... They Hold A Position Of Power And Therefore Have A Higher Accountability.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

Thank You Medina... SOLUTIONS Are What We Need To Start Focusing On.

The Investigations Are The First Key Towards Arriving At Just Outcome.

A Thorough And Unbiased Investigation Bringing Up ALL The Evidence Would Make It Much More Difficult To Award An Unjust Verdict In A Trial... Not Always Of Course... And If That Happened It Would Give The Families A Much Better Chance On Appeal. Heck The Way It Is Now... Very Few Officers Go To Trial.

The Police Officers That Are Way Too Aggressive And Killing Unarmed People Deserve To Be Dealt The Full Consequences Of Their Actions... They Hold A Position Of Power And Therefore Have A Higher Accountability.

I think that the problem is - there is way too much crime on the streets! 

The police are under staffed, under paid, & over worked. The courts are allowing too many criminals off with light sentences & the prisons are over crowded. The root cause is our continued poor economy & no one addressing the greed which has killed our middle class & poor!

People will get money any way necessary regardless of the economy.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

very sad indeed.  my prayers to family for their loss.  

as far as DV goes, i am surprised that there were no posts calling the victim a "thug" and "he got what he deserved" and "one less thug on the street".  are posters changing their ways this quickly?

"At the time of Taylor’s shooting, court documents show he had a $25,000 bench warrant for a probation violation in connection with felony robbery and obstructing justice convictions. But Marissa Martinez, whose sister used to date Taylor, said Taylor had turned over a new leaf."

what am i missing here?  just seems very inconsistent.

• Upvote 2

very sad indeed.  my prayers to family for their loss.  

as far as DV goes, i am surprised that there were no posts calling the victim a "thug" and "he got what he deserved" and "one less thug on the street".  are posters changing their ways this quickly?

"At the time of Taylor’s shooting, court documents show he had a $25,000 bench warrant for a probation violation in connection with felony robbery and obstructing justice convictions. But Marissa Martinez, whose sister used to date Taylor, said Taylor had turned over a new leaf."

what am i missing here?  just seems very inconsistent.

The little thug got what he deserved!!!! Happy Trin?  Now let's get some white folk out there and start looting and stealing stuff, heck I aint neva heard of this kid but Ize needs a new TV so I'm gonna head on down there!!!  :rolleyes:

Another FACT of life.............black shoots white - justice for the years of slavery. White shoots black - racism.

LBGT slaps normal simple assault. Normal slaps LBGT - hate crime.

Muslim women can wear their Hijab in schools but our children are disciplined for saying "bless you".

It sucks to be white, chruch going, heterosexual, middle class or above in America these days! LOL

Sounds about right!! 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

The little thug got what he deserved!!!! Happy Trin?  Now let's get some white folk out there and start looting and stealing stuff, heck I aint neva heard of this kid but Ize needs a new TV so I'm gonna head on down there!!!  :rolleyes:

now THAT'S the DV spirit i've grown accustomed to dd6!  no mercy no tolerance.  death to kids who do wrong because they are headed down a road of no return any way.   :twothumbs:

• Upvote 4

now THAT'S the DV spirit i've grown accustomed to dd6!  no mercy no tolerance.  death to kids who do wrong because they are headed down a road of no return any way.   :twothumbs:

:D  :twothumbs:  Even gave ya an emerald!!!  I'm all about helping!

Edited by DiveDeepSix

The only difference I can find between the two shootings is

the black officer was a much better shot . 

Perhaps, but he also did not have an alleged broken eye socket making marksmanship a little tough.  I don't have all the facts so I inserted the word alleged.  It's hard to hit your mark with an eye injury. :)

• Upvote 1

Sunni/Shiite, Israeli/Palestinian, African-American/Caucasian:

Is there really a difference when there is violence, killing, and hatred?

Pointing out the disparity in the reporting of it only fuels those same fires.

Billio0

Brilliant.

It's such a shame to see so many fall to the tricks that govco and its minion, the MSM, play on us.

The story of the Ferguson shooting wasn't driven by the media.  It was driven by the riots that came after the shooting.  If there were riots and looting and tanks in the streets of Salt Lake City I'm sure the media would be there, too.

And it wouldn't surprise me at all if the riots and looting in Ferguson were started by agent provocateurs.