Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

I originally put this in the NEWS forum but no one seemed interested so I moved it to Opinions to let DV members draw their own conclusions from CBI data.

I often see news that the currency auctions are up then down then double auctions. YA DE YA DE YA.

You see many articles from the Iraqi news sources on the daily status of "Currency Auctions".

Here is a spreadsheet from the CBI data which you can filter on any column and sum it yourself if you are familiar with MS Excel.

This spreadsheet is only good back to 2010. That is when I got into the investment.

Thanks to DV Staff for help making this post.

Here is the Link to the Spreadsheet:https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1hUz445BVxKu43SW6NBYMsmD8MV-_h3uzkBf7TSYZrsA/edit

• Upvote 3

I would hope that everyone had a chance to look over the spreadsheet for at least the last few months. It is interesting the pips changes and the set rate of 1166. Keep in mind that it does not show the number of banks involved in the auctions.

Moved it to Opinions for visibility. Seems people don't want to glean the information for themselves but rather have it handed to them by Gurus and the Iraqi News Media.  Truth is that the Currency Auctions and the CBI have been slow and steady over the past 5 years even longer and only made subtle changes. Look it up for yourself.

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

http://www.cbi.iq/documents/CBI_FOREIGN_EXCHANGE_AUCTIONS.pdf

Check this out DJ

The PDF gives the official rate as well as the market rate. I believe it's the market rate we need to watch- it's getting closer to the official rate and is near the 2% mark for article 8 acceptance

What am I thinking your post is the PDF duh silly me!

It changes from time to time. However; it has moved 2% based on where you draw the line in time. The only thing I know for sure is that it did (does) change.

• 2 years later...
  • 10 months later...

Thanks Dj!  This is pretty interesting.  I'm really thinking on August 1st when they meet with the IMF will be a telltale meeting to show on how close or how far away this is from happening.

• Upvote 1

Saw this and thought Dj was back.  Have not heard from him in years.  Hope he is okay.  So many have come and gone - I hope they all just put their dinar in a safe place and will be surprised and blessed when this happens.

• Upvote 1