Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

Running Out Of Negs Too Quick.

mrparrot

I think  I  might  have  a solution too the  {  incredible disappearing  negs }   try  not  give  negative  too  posters  or  the other folks  who comment ,   that  might  be  the cause -----  also known  as  hyper -neg-a-toe-sis    :lol:      the  doctor  will see you  now !    

• Upvote 6

I'm on a multitude of other forums,

with subjects on exotic birds, micro-brewed

beers, foreign currencies, and street rods.

This is the only one that let's someone get

away with one-line posts that load up the

"What's New" section with literally NOTHING

of substance.

I pop in here and see nine topics listed currently

under "What's New", and they all have the same

I have a special needs step-son, and this is on par with

the same type of attention-getting stuff that he does.

He wants recognition for every single little thing that

he does, regardless of how insignificant it is.

If he shuts the patio door when he comes in from the

back yard, he stands there and repeats, "Look, I closed

the door." until someone says, "Good job.".

It was cute when he was 3.

He's 16 now...

Let's just give Sandfly his award for Most Posts

now, and save ourselves from having to see anymore

one-line posts that contribute NOTHING to the subject.

Maybe that will stop the insanity, and the copy cats that

have jumped on his bandwagon...

• Upvote 14
  • Downvote 1

You know parrot, I don't dislike Sandfly at all.  In fact I sometimes even like him.  I have refrained from saying anything because .........................you are right.  If I say anything I'm feeding the insanity that I think he/they like to annoy others.  I have also seen others others who have complained about the Italian's (Umbertino) music posts and were told by a mod here to shut up or they would be reprimanded.  And I  like Umbertino too.  I think he will agree with that.  I think there's a way to put specific people on "ignore" but I don't know how it works.  Maybe you can ask about that and see if it solves your problem.  Like I said, I may agree with you and I have a real temper issue but, with all that's going on in the world, now and always, is this really that big of a deal?  Or did you just see Sandfly 20 times in a row on the wrong day?  Look at the bright side.  You just have to push a button to get past it.  Computer is a marvelous thing.  We have bantered back and forth before and had a good time.  That's all this is.  Take care and "Sandfly" for your comment.  ick

DW

• Upvote 2

Is there a way to get more negs in my bucket?

I'm running out of them faster than some people

can say thank you...

I don't really think it's the negs you want, but the one word "flyby" that a few are posting t disappear.

This topic came up before. To have that many thanks in a period of minutes clearly shows they really aren't reading the articles.

I hear what you are saying, because it's not like you don't want to read those articles in the "whats new", but you have to page through pages and pages to find some of the threads with real comments to read those articles and they get buried.

• Upvote 3

Thanks mrparrot...There are many imposers but only one original '''Sandfly'''....

Sandfly is the "OG" thanker. He often provides great insight in as few as two or three words. I save my rubies for a select few that truly deserve them, although I wish I had more because they deserve them soooooo often.  :D

• Upvote 2

Really?!

I run out of + EVERY day!

Well you had better give a ruby then :eyebrows: .... i never seem to run out of +'s....20+ given daily to deserving comments and nice quotes or clever pictures!

Maybe I'm privileged because I'm living in a third world country and the DV system feels sorry for me  :shrug:

• Upvote 2

I'd give very willingly my entire quote of  negs away ( which means I'd give them as a gift at disposal of whoever wants to use them as their possession) as I never neg anybody as my own rule of thumb.

I'd love to have more pluses at my disposal  in order to be able to plus more folks instead.

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 6

I'm on a multitude of other forums,

with subjects on exotic birds, micro-brewed

beers, foreign currencies, and street rods.

This is the only one that let's someone get

away with one-line posts that load up the

"What's New" section with literally NOTHING

of substance.

I pop in here and see nine topics listed currently

under "What's New", and they all have the same

I have a special needs step-son, and this is on par with

the same type of attention-getting stuff that he does.

He wants recognition for every single little thing that

he does, regardless of how insignificant it is.

If he shuts the patio door when he comes in from the

back yard, he stands there and repeats, "Look, I closed

the door." until someone says, "Good job.".

It was cute when he was 3.

He's 16 now...

Let's just give Sandfly his award for Most Posts

now, and save ourselves from having to see anymore

one-line posts that contribute NOTHING to the subject.

Maybe that will stop the insanity, and the copy cats that

have jumped on his bandwagon...

You could try to find a solution to this "bug" ( I respect that....) by contacting some Mod and he/she might find a way to solve your problem... ..The other old but still effective way is to put the one(s) you deem as "att'n seeker(s)" on ignore, Just a friendly advice. Ciao

You know parrot, I don't dislike Sandfly at all.  In fact I sometimes even like him.  I have refrained from saying anything because .........................you are right.  If I say anything I'm feeding the insanity that I think he/they like to annoy others.  I have also seen others others who have complained about the Italian's (Umbertino) music posts and were told by a mod here to shut up or they would be reprimanded.  And I  like Umbertino too.  I think he will agree with that.  I think there's a way to put specific people on "ignore" but I don't know how it works.  Maybe you can ask about that and see if it solves your problem.  Like I said, I may agree with you and I have a real temper issue but, with all that's going on in the world, now and always, is this really that big of a deal?  Or did you just see Sandfly 20 times in a row on the wrong day?  Look at the bright side.  You just have to push a button to get past it.  Computer is a marvelous thing.  We have bantered back and forth before and had a good time.  That's all this is.  Take care and "Sandfly" for your comment.  ick

DW

"The Italian's"  music posts...lol....I like (somehow) that definition.....

Hey ..I just ran out of pluses as I used them all in this very thread......Including the opening post

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 3

Well you had better give a ruby then :eyebrows: .... i never seem to run out of +'s....20+ given daily to deserving comments and nice quotes or clever pictures!

Maybe I'm privileged because I'm living in a third world country and the DV system feels sorry for me :shrug:

I stand corrected fly hi.

I decided to test your statement about not running out of +s

Just handed out 7 or so random emeralds.

Note to self: never doubt a man who lives on the bottom side of plant and does not fall off! ;)

Edited by Muleslayer
  • Upvote 3

• 2 weeks later...