Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

The Stupendous Reality of Being "In Christ Jesus"

ronscarpa

A Word for Saturday - 24 August 2014

Being “in Christ Jesus” is a stupendous reality. It is breathtaking what it means to be in Christ. United to Christ. Bound to Christ. If you are “in Christ” listen to what it means for you:

1. In Christ Jesus you were given grace before the world was created. 2 Timothy 1:9, “He gave us grace in Christ Jesus before the ages began.”

2. In Christ Jesus you were chosen by God before creation. Ephesians 1:4, “God chose us in Christ before the foundation of the world.”

3. In Christ Jesus you are loved by God with an inseparable love. Romans 8:38–39, “I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

4. In Christ Jesus you were redeemed and forgiven for all your sins. Ephesians 1:7, “In Christ we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses.”

5. In Christ Jesus you are justified before God and the righteousness of God in Christ is imputed to you. 2 Corinthians 5:21, “For our sake God made Christ to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.”

6. In Christ Jesus you have become a new creation and a son of God. 2 Corinthians 5:17, “If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.” Galatians 3:26, “In Christ Jesus you are all sons of God, through faith.”

7. In Christ Jesus you have been seated in the heavenly places even while he lived on earth.Ephesians 2:6, “God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus.”

8. In Christ Jesus all the promises of God are Yes for you. 2 Corinthians 1:20, “All the promises of God find their Yes in Christ.”

9. In Christ Jesus you are being sanctified and made holy. 1 Corinthians 1:2, “To the church of God that is in Corinth, to those sanctified in Christ Jesus.”

10. In Christ Jesus everything you really needed will be supplied. Philippians 4:19, “My God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.”

11. In Christ Jesus the peace of God will guard your heart and mind. Philippians 4:7, “The peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”

12. In Christ Jesus you have eternal life. Romans 6:23, “For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

13. And in Christ Jesus you will be raised from the dead at the coming of the Lord. 1 Corinthians 15:22, “For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive.” All those united to Adam in the first humanity die. All those united to Christ in the new humanity rise to live again.

How do we get into Christ?

At the unconscious and decisive level it is God’s sovereign work: “From God are you in Christ Jesus.” (1 Corinthians 1:30)

But at the conscious level of our own action, it is through faith. Christ dwells in our hearts “through faith.” (Ephesians 3:17) The life we live in union with his death and life “we live by faith in the Son of God.” (Galatians 2:20) We are united in his death and resurrection “through faith.” (Colossians 2:12)

This is a wonderful truth. Union with Christ is the ground of everlasting joy, and it is free.

• Upvote 10

A Word for Saturday - 24 August 2014

Being “in Christ Jesus” is a stupendous reality. It is breathtaking what it means to be in Christ. United to Christ. Bound to Christ. If you are “in Christ” listen to what it means for you:

1. In Christ Jesus you were given grace before the world was created. 2 Timothy 1:9, “He gave us grace in Christ Jesus before the ages began.”

2. In Christ Jesus you were chosen by God before creation. Ephesians 1:4, “God chose us in Christ before the foundation of the world.”

3. In Christ Jesus you are loved by God with an inseparable love. Romans 8:38–39, “I am sure that neither death nor life, nor angels nor rulers, nor things present nor things to come, nor powers, nor height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

4. In Christ Jesus you were redeemed and forgiven for all your sins. Ephesians 1:7, “In Christ we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of our trespasses.”

5. In Christ Jesus you are justified before God and the righteousness of God in Christ is imputed to you. 2 Corinthians 5:21, “For our sake God made Christ to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.”

6. In Christ Jesus you have become a new creation and a son of God. 2 Corinthians 5:17, “If anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation. The old has passed away; behold, the new has come.” Galatians 3:26, “In Christ Jesus you are all sons of God, through faith.”

7. In Christ Jesus you have been seated in the heavenly places even while he lived on earth.Ephesians 2:6, “God raised us up with Christ and seated us with him in the heavenly places in Christ Jesus.”

8. In Christ Jesus all the promises of God are Yes for you. 2 Corinthians 1:20, “All the promises of God find their Yes in Christ.”

9. In Christ Jesus you are being sanctified and made holy. 1 Corinthians 1:2, “To the church of God that is in Corinth, to those sanctified in Christ Jesus.”

10. In Christ Jesus everything you really needed will be supplied. Philippians 4:19, “My God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.”

11. In Christ Jesus the peace of God will guard your heart and mind. Philippians 4:7, “The peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.”

12. In Christ Jesus you have eternal life. Romans 6:23, “For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”

13. And in Christ Jesus you will be raised from the dead at the coming of the Lord. 1 Corinthians 15:22, “For as in Adam all die, so also in Christ shall all be made alive.” All those united to Adam in the first humanity die. All those united to Christ in the new humanity rise to live again.

How do we get into Christ?

At the unconscious and decisive level it is God’s sovereign work: “From God are you in Christ Jesus.” (1 Corinthians 1:30)

But at the conscious level of our own action, it is through faith. Christ dwells in our hearts “through faith.” (Ephesians 3:17) The life we live in union with his death and life “we live by faith in the Son of God.” (Galatians 2:20) We are united in his death and resurrection “through faith.” (Colossians 2:12)

This is a wonderful truth. Union with Christ is the ground of everlasting joy, and it is free.

AMEN............

• Upvote 3

Thanks Ron, good stuff and I want to add:

John 17:20 "I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word; 21 that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me. 22 And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one: 23 I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me. 24 Father, I desire that they also whom You gave Me may be with Me where I am, that they may behold My glory which You have given Me; for You loved Me before the foundation of the world. 25 O righteous Father! The world has not known You, but I have known You; and these have known that You sent Me. 26 And I have declared to them Your name, and will declare it, that the love with which You loved Me may be in them, and I in them."

1 Peter 1:23 having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides forever,

1 John 3:6 Whoever abides in Him does not sin. Whoever sins has neither seen Him nor known Him. 7 Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous. 8 He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil. 9 Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.

1 John 5:18 We know that whoever is born of God does not sin; but he who has been born of God keeps himself, and the wicked one does not touch him. 19 We know that we are of God, and the whole world lies under the sway of the wicked one. 20 And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us an understanding, that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life. 21 Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen.

Wm13

• Upvote 2

Thanks Ron, good stuff and I want to add:

John 17:20 "I do not pray for these alone, but also for those who will believe in Me through their word; 21 that they all may be one, as You, Father, are in Me, and I in You; that they also may be one in Us, that the world may believe that You sent Me. 22 And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one: 23 I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me. 24 Father, I desire that they also whom You gave Me may be with Me where I am, that they may behold My glory which You have given Me; for You loved Me before the foundation of the world. 25 O righteous Father! The world has not known You, but I have known You; and these have known that You sent Me. 26 And I have declared to them Your name, and will declare it, that the love with which You loved Me may be in them, and I in them."

1 Peter 1:23 having been born again, not of corruptible seed but incorruptible, through the word of God which lives and abides forever,

1 John 3:6 Whoever abides in Him does not sin. Whoever sins has neither seen Him nor known Him. 7 Little children, let no one deceive you. He who practices righteousness is righteous, just as He is righteous. 8 He who sins is of the devil, for the devil has sinned from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that He might destroy the works of the devil. 9 Whoever has been born of God does not sin, for His seed remains in him; and he cannot sin, because he has been born of God.

1 John 5:18 We know that whoever is born of God does not sin; but he who has been born of God keeps himself, and the wicked one does not touch him. 19 We know that we are of God, and the whole world lies under the sway of the wicked one. 20 And we know that the Son of God has come and has given us an understanding, that we may know Him who is true; and we are in Him who is true, in His Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God and eternal life. 21 Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen.

Wm13

Powerful WORDS Wm13...Thanks for adding them to the thread...(+1)  :tiphat: 

Thanks for your comments also Treyn & BobbyDee .. (+1 each)  :twothumbs: 

• Upvote 1

Great stuff!!!!  Excellent information!  

All of these wonderful blessings are found "in Christ."  So one must be "in Christ" to receive these spiritual blessings.  

Now, can you please give us the passages that tell us how to get into Christ?  

The most important part of this thread is still unanswered.  If a person wanted to receive all the blessings that are truly found only in Christ and has faith in Christ as the Giver of all those blessings, and that person wanted to know how one gets "into" Christ, what would you tell them?  

Nelg, You (or I, or anyone else) can not do anything! (PERIOD) God does IT! THERE IS NO FREE WILL.

I would tell them to pray, pray that God has made them a part of the elect. But God (YHWH) has already predestined his / hers steps from before He said "let there be light". ie: Psalm 139:16 Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, The days fashioned for me, When as yet there were none of them.

What can we do? NOTHING! God does or has already done it ALL!

Wm13

Edited by waterman13

Nelg, You (or I, or anyone else) can not do anything! (PERIOD) God does IT! THERE IS NO FREE WILL.

I would tell them to pray, pray that God has made them a part of the elect. But God (YHWH) has already predestined his / hers steps from before He said "let there be light". ie: Psalm 139:16 Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed. And in Your book they all were written, The days fashioned for me, When as yet there were none of them.

Wm13

Certainly the predestined grace of God, salvation in Christ, was planned "before the foundation of the world."  We have no part in the planning, purpose, or the carrying out of God's predetermined plan.  However, grace (of which we can do nothing) is received.  It is found "in Christ" and no other.  It is the most wonderful gift that mankind ever received.  Yet it must be accepted, and entrance into Christ (the grace of God) requires the response of faith (trust) in the Lord on our part.  Plus, there are passages of Scripture that tell us how one can enter Christ, that is, "in Christ" where all the blessings can be found.  

Free will is a blessing from God.  We either make a choice of believing in Him as the Salvation of the world, or we reject Him as the Messiah.  Doesn't that require a decision on our part?  If not, then we have no choice of eternal destiny; we are either bound for heaven or bound for hell and we can do nothing about it.  So why did God demand faith in Christ?  

So the question still remains.  How does one get into Christ?  Many scriptures were given of the wonderful blessings "in Christ," which were beautiful and desirable.  Now, where are the passages which tell us how to get into Christ?

If we do "NOTHING." then the commands of God have no value (which I reject).  

Edited by Nelg
  • Upvote 1

My comments following are simply meant to clarify questions raised by the comments made by waterman13 and nelg; and NOT to start a long theological debate. We are to find our Peace and Hope in Christ, and hopefully extend them to others...RON  :tiphat: 

Wm13

Waterman13, I'm afraid you have a misunderstanding of God's Goodness and Grace when it comes to the concept of predestination. If you read Nelg's comments carefully and prayerfully you would see that Almighty God is all about restoration of that which was lost (damaged) in the fall. Romans 8:22-30 sheds some light on the subject - specifically (28-30):And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who[i]have been called according to his purpose.  For those God foreknew he also predestined to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brothers and sisters.  And those he predestined, he also called; those he called, he also justified; those he justified, he also glorified."

The scriptures also say that God desires all men to be saved and come to a knowledge of the Truth (truth is the person of Jesus). To this I would add Eph 2:4-10 for additional clarification, specifically (8-10): " For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith (in Jesus Christ)—and this is not from yourselves, it is the gift of God—  not by works, so that no one can boast (take credit).  For we are God’s handiwork (masterpiece), created in (the image of) Christ Jesus (for a life of) to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do."

I'll address the conclusion of the above while responding to Nelg's question that started this discussion. Of course, Nelg knows the answer, but wants some to reply, so it's out there for all to see; That's the plan of Salvation - which can be boiled into a few words...."Believing God..!" or " All who call upon the Name of the Lord will be saved..!"  Further discussion below..!

Certainly the predestined grace of God, salvation in Christ, was planned "before the foundation of the world."  We have no part in the planning, purpose, or the carrying out of God's predetermined plan.  However, grace (of which we can do nothing) is received.  It is found "in Christ" and no other.  It is the most wonderful gift that mankind ever received.  Yet it must be accepted, and entrance into Christ (the grace of God) requires the response of faith (trust) in the Lord on our part.  Plus, there are passages of Scripture that tell us how one can enter Christ, that is, "in Christ" where all the blessings can be found.  

Free will is a blessing from God.  We either make a choice of believing in Him as the Salvation of the world, or we reject Him as the Messiah.  Doesn't that require a decision on our part?  If not, then we have no choice of eternal destiny; we are either bound for heaven or bound for hell and we can do nothing about it.  So why did God demand faith in Christ?  

So the question still remains.  How does one get into Christ?  Many scriptures were given of the wonderful blessings "in Christ," which were beautiful and desirable.  Now, where are the passages which tell us how to get into Christ?  .....  If we do "NOTHING." then the commands of God have no value (which I reject).  

The problem started with "SIN", which is rebellion or disobedience to God's order (or His Will). there are consequences. Yet, God in His infinite Love and Mercy set in motion a plan that would redeem mankind from the curse (consequences) of sin & death. His plan might appear as foolishness to the intelligencia of mankind, but it is stated as the Wisdom of God - to use what appears foolish.  I'm afraid we could write a thesis here, but I type with one finger and simply don't have the time.

It all boils down to BELIEVING what God has said, and how He demonstrated His great love for us by paying the penalty for sin by dying a ignominious death on the Cross. Jesus is God's ultimate love letter to mankind, and by choosing to surrender His life to buy us back (redeem) from the curse of sin and death - He demonstrated His great Power, which was confirmed by raising from the dead.

We can Get Into Christ by believing what God has revealed in the Scriptures - Jesus came in human form to be the ultimate sacrifice to redeem mankind back to God.  His suffering, death, and resurrection makes a way for each person to accept Jesus' atoning sacrifice - believe that it is sufficient to restore us to God - and surrender our lives to God and the Lordship of Christ - inviting Him to send His Spirit to reside in us, and lead us into the life He desires us to live.  It's all about FAITH - IN God, in His Words & promises, and in His Faithfulness to do what he promises to do - and believing that God can & will do it...!

Now, to address waterman's calvinistic comments from Romans 8: God has a plan and purpose for mankind when He created us - Those God for-knew would respond and accept Christ's atoning sacrifice, He predetermined (predestined) that we would be conformed to the image of Christ Jesus.  So, He predetermined to do something for those who would respond to Christ - He called them, then He Justified them, then He Glorified them.  The outcome is already determined by God - to seat us in the heavenly realms, in Christ Jesus.  From Ephesians 2 we see that He created each of us for a life of good works - that we should walk in them.  They don't earn us heaven or more of God's love - as we do these good works, they are a thank you to Almighty God for what He has done for each of us.  Remember, God loved us before we ever responded to His great love, and His demonstration of that love expressed in the sacrificial work of Jesus on the cross.

When an artist or inventor has an idea - they usually work up sketches or plans to visualize what they wish to produce. So too with God - only he doesn't need sketches. He speaks, and creation occurs - the work is completed...!

Today, if you have a question about this topic, or want to know more about how to surrender to God and His plan for your life; or you feel you need to get right with God....Check my profile for my number - we can talk anytime...!  May God bless everyone who reads this thread....Have a great Sunday...!

In His Love & Service,

RON  :tiphat: 

• Upvote 2

Ron / Nelg,

I agree to disagree with you. I was told (by God) to "get out" of the "evangelical church" because of the false teachings. Many of my friends have too. Do you believe you are a / the new man? The old has died with Christ? So who is the "new man"? It is Christ Jesus, He is in me, He controls and directs me. "I" died, it is now Christ that lives in me. There is now no more "me". I (or what used to "me" or "I") is NO longer! It is now Christ, who is in the Father, and His will be done. Because if you believe "you" can do something, or change something by "your" "actions" or "works" then God is not sovereign, you are trying to control events. Lifting yourself above the Sovereign. Isn't that the same thing Lucifer tried to do?

So, If I am in Christ, and Christ in me (the New Man), and Christ is in the Father, who is doing the work? Is it "me"? NO! It's Christ, I am not in control HE IS!

Please don't believe some of the teachings of the so called "church". Believe the Word (Christ) and His teachings. I have had to cleanse my mind over many of years of "church" teachings. Such as always confessing sins after becoming a believer. I can not sin, Christ is in me, I am in Christ, and in Him is no sin. So how can "I" sin? Interesting study as noted above, "i" am born again with incorruptible seed. So "I" have free will? Don't think so, God is in control and Sovereign! (period)

Last post here on this thread, most people don't get it and I understand that. It's not me who lives, but Christ. Paul stated this clearly!

1 Corinthians 15:31 NKJV
I affirm, by the boasting in you which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily.
Galatians 2:20 NKJV

I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.

Wm13

As far as the Scriptural passages which specifically tells us how to get into Christ, there are only these three Galatians 3:26-27; Romans 6:3-7 and 5:1-2.   

"For you are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus. Because all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ." (Gal 3:26-27)

"Therefore having been justified by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through who also we have obtained our introduction by faith into this grace in which in which we stand; and we exult in hope of the glory of God." (Rom 5:1-2)

"Or do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus have been baptized into His death?  Therefore we have been buried with Him through baptism into death, in order that as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, so we too might walk in newness of life. For if we have become united with the likeness of His death, certainly we shall be also with the likeness of His resurrection knowing this, that our old self was crucified (with Him), that our body of sin might be made powerless, that we should no longer be slaves to sin; for he who has died is freed from sin." (Rom 6:3-7)

To those at Pentecost Peter first quoted Joel 2:21, "And it shall be that every one who calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved." Later these same people want to know what they must do (Acts 2:37), and he tells them clearly and distinctly how they are to "call on the name of the Lord."  "Repent, and let each of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.  For the promise is for you and your children, and for all who are far off, as many as the Lord our God shall call to Himself. And with many other words he solemnly testified and kept on exhorting them, saying, 'Be saved from this perverse generation!'" (Acts 2:38-40)

Faith, repentance, and baptism are all part of "calling on the name of the Lord."  It is one response.  None of them are works; all are the result of faith.  

Individuals respond to the invitation of the gospel of the grace of God in Christ Jesus our Lord.  Certainly mankind has nothing to do with "the predetermined plan and foreknowledge of God" (Acts 2:23).  But every individual must make a choice of believing or not believing in Jesus as Lord (God) and Savior. 

Praise God through whom all blessings flow!  

• Upvote 1

Waterman, you are correct in saying that we have died with Christ, that He (or the Spirit) is in total control, but we can and do rebel against the direction of the Lord when we commit isolated acts of sin.  We don't live in sin if we are a child of God, but we do say, act, and think things that are sinful . . . if we fail to heed the warnings of Scripture, or fail in "walking after the Spirit."  

Every day is a day of choosing.  

• Upvote 1

AMEN...! Thanks Nelg for your excellent comments...(+2)  :twothumbs: Waterman13, I appreciate your opinion and your heart....all that really matters is that you love Christ and are committed to Him....when it's all completed we'll know as we are fully known - and our theological positions/opinions won't really matter.

2 Chronicles 16:9 (NIV)   For the eyes of the Lord range throughout the earth to strengthen those whose hearts are fully committed to him.

Wm13 ... If we have no free will why is God looking...?  Nuff said...!  Be blessed Nelg & Wm13...!  :salute: 

• Upvote 1

Ron, you need to take the NIV and throw it in the trash as far as I am concerned. Research the Hebrew and the Greek words.

9 For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to show Himself strong on behalf of those whose heart is loyal to Him. In this you have done foolishly; therefore from now on you shall have wars."

That's why.

Not predestined?

Wm13

Positions or human understand of Scripture may clash and contradict, but the Bible never does.  

Thanks for the encouragement.  As "iron sharpens iron" so we sharpen each other.  I appreciate all of you.  

• Upvote 1

God gave us freedom of choice and will never control us even if we exist in heaven. If He controlled His creation Lucifer would never have sinned and neither would or could we. As Nelg said, you have a daily choice, God does not force you to do the right thing but His Spirit leads you toward the right choice if you seek Him, but you must accept it and submit to His wisdom, more so, even without pride or remorse, doing God’s will must be our daily bread swallowed in humility and acceptance of our position in His creation.

Waterman 13, let me ask you the question you asked me in a prior thread, have you sinned since Christ came to live in you? Since you have sinned, it must be Christ who sinned then because He is alive and you are dead. Can you see how contrary to perfection our state and this concept is? We sin by our own choice and God draws us back, only when we stop sinning completely is Christ truly alive in us, but even then He will not take away your right to choose. I believe people who are completely alive in Christ and dead to sin are called the faithful deceased, the rest of us battle on a daily basis with countless satanic forces here on earth that’s why we are the Church militant.

I think the language may be somewhat confusing here because I see where you are coming from Waterman, I would suggest though that in absolute terms, if someone is being controlled by a spiritual entity, this condition resembles more the likeness of demonic possession. When someone gives up their free will to God and chooses His way on a moment to moment basis, it is called theosis, the process of becoming like God by doing what He does, by seeking His face in all choices including the words we use and actions we take.

God will direct your steps and is eternally wise, including cautious, when intervening in the life of any individual. He considers to the nth degree before directing human traffic, lest He be accused by Lucifer of rigging the game. Ultimately God is the almighty and where we are, is God’s will for us in Christ Jesus. To the last swallow of air we must be vigilant, humble and strong to the calling placed on our lives, justified by His blood. It carries the full burden of the Father who loves His Son more than all creation, the Father who watched His Son Jesus die a humiliating, brutal and painful death. We must all tread carefully when we talk of Jesus, the full wrath and love of God is upon Him.

I have likened the snake to the symbol and semblance of our sin. When you cut its head off the body continues to wriggle till the cool of the night. In like manor the passions of the flesh once confronted continue to wriggle until they are cooled off. Simply, unless the passions are completely dead in us Christ cannot reign in His glory within us. Once the snakes in us are dead, God’s will can be lived perfectly, but, there are many snakes to kill, some obvious, some still hiding in the grasses of our prides and passions.

• Upvote 1