Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

why has the CBI kept the exchange rate at 1166 to 1

dontlop

Go back upstairs, Shabs.  You bring nothing to the pot except cute little quips.  You probably live in Colorado where the junk is free.  Keep toking, my brother.  Living in your world is easier than in reality.  Now on the other hand, if I have u fairly characterized you, then prove it with some thoughtful insight into this question.  Otherwise, take your quips and "hit the road" back upstairs where you are "adored and admired" for your wit. by the other dreamers.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 3

Well ewingm I hope you find someone that comes to the lopster tank that believes what you say they believe so you can debate them

In the mean time your barking up the wrong trees

Anyone with out that lopster tag can visit any threads on the site from what I understand

So don't pretend your running something here ewingm

It sure would be nice if we did get 4 dollars for each of our dinars , just think how rich your delusional elderly relatives will be ewingm

They could buy you that new rocking horse you always wanted

I'm the one that's trapped.  I wish I could debate the dreamers upstairs, but I'm banned apparently.  So if you bring it to the pot, come anticipating some good honest, undiluted, debate with facts, not guspew.  The one-liners and misdirects need to stay upstairs in the land of the campfire stories..............I hear my banker whispering about the dinar rving.......in Kuwait, people made a killing off the RV...........in Kurdistan, they made a killing off the swiss dinar...........the WCR is happening next week!!..... the UST is holding up my RV.............let's write our Congressmen.............I got my tickets for Belize...............I've updated my Warka account................the low denoms are on the streets...............the CBI is buying gold!................WHERE'S MY $#%!&*=$# RV !!!!!!!!!   

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

No one needs to do anything but follow the rules

By consensus they wanted the lop talk out of the other forums

It's no big deal fir most members

You can talk about a lop all you want right here

This isn't an investment to have a lop in Iraq

Some people think they could rv the currency Over night

That's up to them if they want to believe that

Some people close their eyes during sex fantasizing they are with some one else

Are you going to save them too?

I guess your fantasizing of a lop

What kind of fantasy is that

A useless one

That's like fantasizing your having sex with a box of empty spray paint cans

The other chat rooms were always screwed up because of lop talk on every topic

So when the lopsters had to come here they found out its not worth talking about with each other and left

Why talk about it

Just sell out and leave if you don't believe it

Edited by dontlop

To Nelg,  The 100,000% RV is the required percentage needed to RV the 1166 to 1 current dinar exchange rate to a 1 to 1 dinar to dollar exchange, which incidently is exactly what every person who bought dinars was expecting to get, if not HIGHER( as in $3 to 1).  That's how much your mythical overnight millionaire-making dinar scam is all about.  I'm amazed that you don't know this Nelg.  You've been posting here for a long time.  Now, do your homework and see how many currency RVs the world over have ever gotten close to this.......I'll speed things up for you.   None. Nada.  NEVER IN HISTORY.  You have been scammed, my brother.

So what you are saying is that a 100,000% devaluation is not only possible but has occurred.  Am I understanding you correctly? 

Here ewingm

As the May 8, 2003 New York Post and other news outlets reported, Baer ruled that Saddam Hussein’s government was complicit in the September 11 attacks and that the Baathist government owed the plaintiffs a judgment of $104 million.

As Baer stated on May 7, 2003:

“I conclude that plaintiffs have shown, albeit barely, ‘by evidence satisfactory to the court’ that Iraq provided material support to bin Laden and al Qaeda.” 22

Google that and bring back some more information

Yes.  World currencies have been grossly de-valued, such as the german mark following WW2.  Noone cares about losing the value of a currency, but EVERYBODY cares about re-valuing a nations currency.  Do you honestly think that if the CBI announced the iraqi dinar was now worth  $1 per dinar, that you could march into your local bank and exchange your iraqi bills for millions of US dollars?  Seriously, dude.  Is that thought in your head for real?  If it is, then you know nothing about how the financial world works.  Also, remember this Nelg, and its a most important point.  The iraqi dinar ONLY has value as a currency WITHIN the borders of iraq.  Oops.  The gurus didn't mention that to you before you bought did they?  AND, Iraq has laws forbidding the transport of physical currency above a paultry amount, into or dollars outof iraq.  So you can't even fly over if they did do an in-country RV.  You are caught in the SCAM.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Here's one

http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/nation/2003-05-07-911-judge-awards_x.htm

I could of sworn the dinar had no restrictions on it till 2010 at that time they started limiting the dinar leaving Iraq

The New Iraqi Dinar (NID) - a free floating currency - was introduced in January 2004 together with a new monetary control system. There are no restrictions or taxes on the purchase or sale of currency; the CBI carries out a regular currency auction in order to stabilize the exchange rate, which now stands around 1300 NID to the US $. The NID is fully convertible and there are no restrictions on capital flows.

There is a multi-currency system in place where foreign currency freely circulates in the market. As a result checks are officially cleared at the CBI in all major foreign currencies, particularly the US$.

Interest rates stand liberalized on all domestic financial instruments, inflation has been stabilized and the capital base of private banks stands significantly enhanced.

Foreign banks may open branches and form joint ventures with Iraqi private sector banks. Under CPA Order No. 94 private sector banks may be wholly owned by foreign banks with no legal limit on the number of licenses that may be granted. Also, branches and domestic subsidiaries of foreign banks are legally at par with Iraqi banks.

http://www.iraqitic.com/iraqiTIC_policyEnvironment_en.php

Edited by dontlop

Yes.  World currencies have been grossly de-valued, such as the german mark following WW2.  Noone cares about losing the value of a currency, but EVERYBODY cares about re-valuing a nations currency.  Do you honestly think that if the CBI announced the iraqi dinar was now worth  $1 per dinar, that you could march into your local bank and exchange your iraqi bills for millions of US dollars?  Seriously, dude.  Is that thought in your head for real?  If it is, then you know nothing about how the financial world works.  Also, remember this Nelg, and its a most important point.  The iraqi dinar ONLY has value as a currency WITHIN the borders of iraq.  Oops.  The gurus didn't mention that to you before you bought did they?  AND, Iraq has laws forbidding the transport of physical currency above a paultry amount, into or dollars outof iraq.  So you can't even fly over if they did do an in-country RV.  You are caught in the SCAM.

You haven't answered my question.  Was this a decision by the CBI or it just "fell" to this low amount?

By the way, I have my mind set for a .10 to 1d revaluation and let the currency market determine the value.  I trade in currencies every week.  I know that even the USD can drop like a rock.  But it can also change directions just as quickly.  

Which gurus are you talking about?  Who are you trying to influence?  Each "speculator" here knew that this is a long-shot.  No one has scammed anyone.  At least not me.  I put my $$ in the "speculation" knowing that it might turn out to be a nothing more than a lark.  If you feel that you were scammed by the gurus, shame on you.  I got into this with my eyes open. Didn't you?  If you didn't look with open eyes at your "investment" and know that you could loose it all, WHY DID YOU INVEST?  If you haven't "speculated" like the rest of us, then why should you care?  

The things you have posted have been hashed and rehashed on this site.  Why continue to bring it up?  Are you just "counting coo?"  

• Upvote 3

its called "counting "coup".  Its an Indian term.  I have never bought iraqi dinar and never will.  It is a SCAM.  I have people in my family that invested heavily in dinars.  They are completely brainwashed into waiting for the big "RV".  I listen to their koolaide baloney every week now for the past 6-7 years.  Every week its going to RV. That's over 300 straight weeks of "Its almost here"  I've had to listen to.  I'm sick of listening to their dinar baloney.  Its a scam seven years ago when they bought dinars and its still a scam.  All they've done is lost money.  They can't even access their money.  And you're the only currency investor that I know who bought the hype also.  And I know a few.  They all just laugh at you people.  

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Did the currency "fall" arbitrarily  by 100,000% or was this a controlled drop in value base on the banks decision?   

The value fell due to hyperinflation in the 80s and 90s.  The rate was arbitrarliy set by Saddam Hussein at over $3.00 when the value had actually dropped as low as 3000:1.  When Saddam was removed the CPA oversaw the replacement of the Saddam dinar with the IQD at around 1500:1.  It wasn't a controlled drop by any bank.  It was a valuation based on the market value at the time.   

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

its called "counting "coup".  Its an Indian term.  I have never bought iraqi dinar and never will.  It is a SCAM.  I have people in my family that invested heavily in dinars.  They are completely brainwashed into waiting for the big "RV".  I listen to their koolaide baloney every week now for the past 6-7 years.  Every week its going to RV. That's over 300 straight weeks of "Its almost here"  I've had to listen to.  I'm sick of listening to their dinar baloney.  Its a scam seven years ago when they bought dinars and its still a scam.  All they've done is lost money.  They can't even access their money.  And you're the only currency investor that I know who bought the hype also.  And I know a few.  They all just laugh at you people.

Oh horse crap

You better get out your superman costume

Your brain isn't working again

Last time I saw you in your superman costume you looked like Otis cambell

From Mayberry

Your poor relatives can't even access their own money

Wah !

They must be happy with their situation

Like you are with yours pouting your sour wisdom on dv every day of your life

If you were sitting in a corner pouting I'd laugh at you and shoot spit balls at you

• Upvote 2

The value fell due to hyperinflation in the 80s and 90s.  The rate was arbitrarliy set by Saddam Hussein at over $3.00 when the value had actually dropped as low as 3000:1.  When Saddam was removed the CPA oversaw the replacement of the Saddam dinar with the IQD at around 1500:1.  It wasn't a controlled drop by any bank.  It was a valuation based on the market value at the time.   

So the market value can climb back up?  Not impossible.  Maybe not probable.  Still a chance and that is what we have taken.  

• Upvote 1

I hope they rv to ten dollars and Iraqis spend a trillion a year on imports who cares about trade deficits

The USA does it every year and just writes down the numbers as if it doesn't make any differance

Yes, I know its an Indian term.  I just didn't pay attention to my typing.  Thanks for the spelling lesson.  Ha.  

Since you are not even invested, why should you care?  Stop listening to those who have invested.  Turn it off if it upsets you.

If they have speculated with money they did not have, shame on them.  They are adults.  I've lost more money in one day with stocks and currencies in the market than I have invested in the dinar.  For crying out loud.  Who cares.  It was MY money! I'm 73  years old and have been around the block a few times, and I usually keep my profits and losses to myself.  And I really get testy when someone tries to tell me what to do with MY money!  Get the point? 

Enjoy your drive home.  Bye.  

• Upvote 2

Ewingm

Why do you give a crap if people buy their dinar?  Don't you have anything better to do?  If you don't beleive in it....then why do you spend so much time on here harrassing people?

I don't get it. 

• Upvote 3