Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

This is What Good Cops Do. MSHP Captain Marches with Protesters in Ferguson. Riots Come to a Halt

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/captain-mike-brown-case-marches-protestors/

On Thursday afternoon Missouri State Highway Patrol Captain and 27 year veteran of the force, Ronald S. Johnson, was announced to be taking over security decisions in the outraged city of Ferguson.

Local law enforcement intends to stay involved, but highway patrol is now directly on the ground.

During the press conference held by Governor Nixon, Johnson stated, “We are going to have a different approach and have the approach that we’re in this together”, and so far, he wasn’t lying.

As several thousand gathered to march Tuesday evening, the tone seemed entirely different.

People online watched tweets with baited breath waiting for the tear gas, swat, and violence from police we have seen in recent days. Except that didn’t happen.

What did happen was an amazing show of what happens when police remove their helmets and treat people with dignity, and it was beautiful.

“When I see a young lady cry because of fear of this uniform, that’s a problem. We’ve got to solve that.”

The new man in charge assured the crowd there would be no blocked streets, no more disproportionate force, and actually marched side by side with the protestors.

I think this one statement shouted out over the megaphone is a glowing example of what the world would be like without militarized police treating us as an enemy-

“They respect us, so let’s respect them. They’ve given us the sidewalk so lets stay out of their street.”

Even if this is a PR stunt, it still makes a great case against militarized police.  Put away your tanks and take off your helmets… and you no longer need them.  If our police stopped killing unarmed people and treating every citizen as a criminal, there would be peace.

• Upvote 3

Some of my best friends are police officers, and they respect others and treat people like humans. I also personally know a few that are total scum. Not all cops are bad, but they are now being trained by the govt to see Americans as enemies, hence the unchecked violence.

If I get a speeding ticket, I just pay it, I don't hold anything against the issuing officer. If I feel I wasn't speeding and it was a BS ticket, or a speed trap, I take it to court. Likewise, if the police come ask me to turn my stereo down, I will gladly comply. Not a big deal. You are oversimplifying the entire matter. It's not all black and white.

The only people whoo see eveything in black and white, or us vs. them, are of a totalitarian mind set, and lack critical thinking. This country was founded on dissent and disagreement, and to try and stifle ANY opinion, no matter how much you or I may disagree, is completely un-American, and goes against the very principles we Americans are supposed to hold so dear.

• Upvote 2