Guest views are now limited to 12 pages. If you get an "Error" message, just sign in! If you need to create an account, click here.

• CRYPTO REWARDS!

Full endorsement on this opportunity - but it's limited, so get in while you can!

What I see happening...

As a VietNam vet and a kind of student of history, what I see as the final outcome of this saga is that Maliki will be assassinated. Either by his own people, or by ours who will make it look like it was HIS people. Plausible deniability so to speak. Then, whoever replaces him will make nicey-nice with the world powers for awhile and then fall right back into the tracks of his predecessors. Power, influence and money are extremely strong motivators, especially in a country such as Iraq with so much asset backed wealth. I don't really believe there will ever be any sort of Democracy in the middle East...never has been, never will be. Some sort of cease fire between the various factions will inevitably occur of course...enough so that monetary events can occur, but never the kind of altruistic peace everyone seems to talk about.

I see the U.S. eventually making a full time permanent presence in Iraq. If for no other reason than to ensure our continued manipulation of the world's oil and the power it brings. That's why we went in there in the first place! It wasn't for weapons of mass destruction. It was to be able to manipulate and control world economy via the selling, processing of, and possession of oil. Like it or not...realize it or not, much of the product the world revolves on is because of oil. Plastics, gas, huge ships to transport it, etc. It has infested our daily lives.

Now, back to good 'ol Nouri. He is playing a dangerous game here...we all know this, and I am sure he does too. He, however, is somehow convinced he will win in the end. Megalomania tends to blind those who wield it. Consider some past history and a few of those who suffered the same condition ( which is fatal, btw.)...Hitler, Mussolini, Franco, Saddam, Jim Jones, David Koresh...ad infinitum.

Whether or not the death of Maliki will signal our long awaited revalue remains to be seen. But...there seems to be an abundance of hope revolving around that. I doubt I need to even say my own thoughts and feelings about his death...

Fire away now with your thoughts.

• Upvote 6

Maliki surely made a few enemies in 8 years so you are right. Without his security his life is in danger. He possibly is negotiating for some extended protection. Even if he gets safe passage out of the country there is no guarantee of security, even in Iran.

As far as affecting an RV ,I dont see a connection. We must wait and see how many hold-overs are in the new government.

As a Maliki appointee Turki may be replaced ,

• Upvote 1

Hitler, Mussolini, Franco, Saddam, Jim Jones, David Koresh...ad infinitum.

End Quote

Spain's Franco died because of illness (undeservedly, I'd add)... I do appreciate your assessment on the whole situation. Very sharp. Grazie.

Edited by umbertino
  • Upvote 2

I've seen articles that Maliki purchased a home in the London, England area within the last year. I don't really wanna see Maliki killed although I concede to your solid theory on nut jobs like these guys. I would say to Maliki "Don't go away mad, just go away!"

In my opinion, If an assasination takes place it will be a long way from now if ever. If something like this, and anything can happen, took place now it would make him a martyr and would reflect badly on abadi. So, I do not think anything like that is going to happen right now.

I think M will be left isolated like a toothless tiger, and left there to rot. In due time they may press charges against him if they can provide solid proof from all sections for what he did, but I think he'll be gone far away to Iran or London perhaps by then.

I agree!

I said it before and I'll say it again... Maliki is no different than Bin Laden or Sadam. When they are finished USING him he will end up a patsy for them to blame so they don't have to take the heat and Maliki will probably end up dead just as the others have. If not, it will be because he has agreed to something else and will do exactly what they want. That's how they play the game.

Edited by Djorgie
  • Upvote 1

My feeling is that the only way we can look for an RV is for the new PM to bring into his power group, ALL of the tribes of Iraq (Sunni's, Shiite's, Kurds, etc.) as part of their participating government so that all of them are part of the decision making. And if they are the least bit happy, then they will agree on a currency rate change. But, who REALLY knows the future  ? It IS Iraq, you know.

My feeling is that the only way we can look for an RV is for the new PM to bring into his power group, ALL of the tribes of Iraq (Sunni's, Shiite's, Kurds, etc.) as part of their participating government so that all of them are part of the decision making. And if they are the least bit happy, then they will agree on a currency rate change. But, who REALLY knows the future  ? It IS Iraq, you know.

Exactly. Iraq never misses an opportunity to miss an opportunity...

I really seriously do not care how it plays out as long as this investment makes me money!

Let it RV and weeks, months or years later I will NOT give a dang weather they break apart, wipe each other out, or the terrorist take over!

America wasted our precious lives, money and resources attempting to fix a country in a part of the world that has always been & will always be a lost cause! We just need to end our involvement in Afganistan & sit back & watch as they return to the lawless God forsaken country they have always been!

The only countries in the Middle East that can be called stable are the one's ruled by Kings!

Edited by gymrat76541
  • Upvote 2

Well looks like according to Mr Montana we are In for a long haul. In a previous weekly update he said something to this affect. That Maliki remaining in office is good for the whole RV but that if we see a newly seated pm that we would be stuck on this train much long. Seeing that Isis likes to cut off the heads of captured soldiers and Christians it looks like this RV will be many of years away. Sucks for us!

My feeling is that the only way we can look for an RV is for the new PM to bring into his power group, ALL of the tribes of Iraq (Sunni's, Shiite's, Kurds, etc.) as part of their participating government so that all of them are part of the decision making. And if they are the least bit happy, then they will agree on a currency rate change.

I think that this is whats going to happen. This new pm is known for being that way.  Thats why they choose him. Apparently he has a very good reputation for including everybody.